R35 GT-R :- Another spy pic (Test)

NoTiGuY

old school
Nov 16, 2003
PG-PJ-KL-DUBAI
www.cardomain.com

The enthusiast world has been waiting for the next Nissan Skyline for some time now, particularly American enthusiasts, who are set to get their first factory-sanctioned taste of the performance legend when it makes it into US showrooms for the first time.
Looking very close to the sensational GTR-Proto concept shown back in 2005 at the Tokyo Motor Show, the 2008 Skyline appears to be in its final stages of development, as evidenced by these KGP Photography shots of the car caught testing at the Nürburgring.
While all previous Skylines were sedan-derived, the new model will reportedly gain its own two-door architecture, which bodes well for the car from a performance standpoint.
Prevailing rumors have the car taking on a 3.8-liter twin-turbo V-6, itself derived from the engine in the 350Z. Power bogeys put the mill in the range of 450 horsepower and 370 pound-feet of twist. In true Skyline fashion, the car will be all-wheel-drive, with a further evolution of the GT-R’s electronic ATTESA ET-S torque-sensing system, tied into a four-wheel steering system.
All of which should be good for a 0-60 miles-per-hour time of well under 4 seconds, and a top speed somewhere on the ambitious end of 180 mph.
Interested parties might want to start inquiring with their local Nissan dealers now.

* depicted from Winding Road

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
the exhaust tips is HUGE
and the rims looks like a 19"
and the brakes.... gosh huge. tight

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
using similar VQ engine as 350z with BOT??.... not enough punch leh.... so big brakes, at least must be producing 400bhp la.... hahahaha....

ehh, japanese government got restrict the top hp a car can produce rite??... similar with european car manufacturers limiting their car top speed to 155mph...

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
yup, it's a V6 for sure...
unless nissan suddenly change plan la..
but tat's unlikely since the launch of tis car has been delayed too long,
at tis time, i think it's towards the end of it's development edi..

nola,it's not exactly a BOT, it's just based on the same VQ series..
cant really compare 350z's VQ and this..
it would be like comparing the RB20 and the RB26
so dont worry, it will have lots of punch..
ngek ngek ngek.. =D

the max hp is not restricted by the gov. it's just a gentlemen agreement by the manufacturers. But now, it doesnt seem to apply anymore..
lots of cars have already cross the 276hp barrier nowdays..

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Looks good to me.

Boxier than the G35 Coupe, manlier than the 350Z.

Pretty much refined than the concept last time, obviously.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
At second glance, the new skyline headlamps resemble a bit of the current Toyota Celica.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My GTi's coin box door can't be closed due to some problems with its' latch. Somehow, the old latch wasn't latching to it.

So finally I had some time on my hands and decided to become a MacGuyver for today and dip into my dad's tool box. I found some magnets, screws, metal washers...and viola.. the idea of a magnetic latch like on those cupboard doors came to mind.

Anyway.. below are some photos of my DIY for those who are interested. If they don't appear here, then you may go to my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience