R34 GTT problems?

mj_23

Known Member
Jun 30, 2005
Singapore
www.skylineclub.org
Petrol tank leakage? Serious? May explain the low mileage....hehe

You mean when you start the car and put into drive, the car will won't go past 3rd gear? And what do you mean by restart? Restart the engine?

Thanks for the valuable feedback!
GTT share the same petrol tank with S14 ... many S14 had changed due to leakage. My GTT also leak and changed.

What I mean for 3rd gear is that after u start the car, the AT is already is 3rd gear. It will not kick down or even up shift. Using the tiptronic function will not help too. But a simple restart, everything will be back to normal

Cheers
MJ

mj_23

Known Member
Jun 30, 2005
Singapore
www.skylineclub.org
MJ, max boost for stock turbine is 1 bar? r u sure?
So far base on what I gather, 1bar is quite safe. There are only isolated cases where the turbo gave way at 1bar. To be safer, do 0.9 :)

But as per what thehornbag pointed out. Anything more than 1bar, you are inviting trouble. I know ... cos I blew 2 at 1.1 to 1.2bar :P

Cheers
MJ

Innocente

Known Member
Oct 28, 2006
The only problem I face with the GTT is..so much potential to mod..so little money.. :)

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
This I agree! :P

ManR34

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
KL
feels like 6-7 secs...no point to drag others wif stock GTT auto...add enough hp until 4-5secs, thats when u can playplay nicely :)
auto will always be lagging vs a manual. so if u want to play wif them, just add extra hp. simple as that.

mine GTT is an '98 so thats about 102K++ milleage. owned for about 2yrs. no auto problems, no leaking tank, no bov stalling (installed HKS SSQV)., no brake warping. coils r okay....only a low/dead battery problem, apparently dont drive ur car with a low battery. ..otherwise it will stall ur ecu or the auto system while driving... (like OFF n ON)
the auto GTT oso is thirsty for petrol too :)

so the point here is just ur luck with ur particular car u buy and how well u maintain it. while my fellow GTT owners have a few issues here and there, all my badluck is with pple scratching my car, stealing parts off my car (my latest is a missing side mirror...bastards!), running over nails (needing to change tyres :( or just plain bumping into my car, while in park....u know how it goes "shit happens mate"....

goodluck with ur car dude....!

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
so the point here is just ur luck with ur particular car u buy and how well u maintain it. while my fellow GTT owners have a few issues here and there, all my badluck is with pple scratching my car, stealing parts off my car (my latest is a missing side mirror...bastards!), running over nails (needing to change tyres :( or just plain bumping into my car, while in park....u know how it goes "shit happens mate"....

goodluck with ur car dude....!
Why those people so jealous of other people owning a nice car. So terrible of them.
My car got scratched today. From the front door till the taillight. What the... Is not a skyline, but in some way it looks like... and the scratch is deep. Bad luck huh??? haha
Owning a dream car is both happy and sad... haha

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Thank you for all the feedback!

Anyway my bro's probably not going to buy the Skyline. The shifting is lagging and it isn't a lot faster than his 20V Corolla.

Searching around for another car now. Probably an MRS.

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
are you kidding? skyline slower then a 20valve AE101 or AE111? even a GTV can tapau 20V....

where can get a O2 sensor change? i'm doing 320KM on a full tank and i think my petrol tank is leaking, notice it after some harsh driving with my car.

ManR34

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
KL
Why those people so jealous of other people owning a nice car. So terrible of them.
My car got scratched today. From the front door till the taillight. What the... Is not a skyline, but in some way it looks like... and the scratch is deep. Bad luck huh??? haha
Owning a dream car is both happy and sad... haha
heheh....im so used to it mate....no point to mad oso, this shit happens world wide and to every type of cars....best thing is just go out and buy toto lar....who knows, from this scratching incident it could win u enough money for GTRness :)

imoloq: yeah a GTT is one of slowest stock turbo car u can find...but has high hp mod potential...mrs is a chick magnet car....sexy :)

sakakida: O2 sensor problems, u best PM satigue. his had this problem b4.

Last edited:

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
It's all about tuning & modding it right, doesn't make much difference for auto or manual. Need to put both cars on the road, you'll be hard pressed to find the auto right next to you even on 3rd gear (manual).

I own a 20V Corolla before, no way my Skyline was slower plus the added stability & weight makes it feels like a GT car actually. The Corolla will feel more peaky and lighter but on the road speed will be slower, unless you have modded all TRD part with high cams, ecu, straightflow, ported, etc.

My 2 cent of comments...

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
MRS is nice if you supercharged it....MMMmmmm Chick magnet...Correct!!

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
For you to go beyond 1 bar on a GTT, you will need to do more mods before you can go there. The ecu has limited the the boost up to 1bar and that is for a reason i guess (not to blow your turbine) so you need to install a boost cut controller or just buy a aftermarket ECU.

then you will need to do up your fuel pump and injector and adviceable to change your FMIC too...

but the best boost to have in a GTT is at 0.6 or 0.7 bar with a fmic and the rest stock, and the rest more then that will be brutal and you need to do lots of mods to handle...

just my opinion, for sure someone else can always do better then me hahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there, just asking anyone change to LED turning signal lights onto their cars? Normally our cars are using normal orange bulbs for the front & rear combination lamps... would love to know if there are LED type of signal lights available in the market. Saw some high end cars using this type of light and it looks pretty cool when it blinks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience