R34 GTT problems?

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Hi guys,

My bro is planning to get a R34 GTT 4-speed tiptronic with 50k km on the clock. The car looks fine, test drive also no problems.

Just want to get some feedback from GTT owners on common problems associated with GTTs. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Also how much would it cost to convert a GTT to a GTR (cosmetic only)?

Thanks

naklaju

Known Member
Jul 17, 2005
Rawang
No problem from my GTT...but need to change trans oil every 20000km.advice to use fully syntetik oil..just change the oil...gear change very smooth...No other major problem for now...to convert to GTR the cost around RM6500..can ask all the sifu here where to do..

thehornbag

Jan 3, 2007
Pretty sure imoloq was asking about the bodykit. =)

From my experience so far, I would say your disc brakes could get warped easily, coil packs when you start to go mad with your boost, tyre wear will be uneven if you lowered your car, oil temperature if you don't use the correct engine oil. Will post if i encounter more. LOL which I hope not

If you need more question, I think you can PM Man34 as he owns a GTT tiptronic. Friendly guy.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
I was asking about the bodykit hehe.

RM6500? With or without paintjob? Last I saw from one of the threads altogether need 10k.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Pretty sure imoloq was asking about the bodykit. =)

From my experience so far, I would say your disc brakes could get warped easily, coil packs when you start to go mad with your boost, tyre wear will be uneven if you lowered your car, oil temperature if you don't use the correct engine oil. Will post if i encounter more. LOL which I hope not

If you need more question, I think you can PM Man34 as he owns a GTT tiptronic. Friendly guy.
Ok I'll go easy on the boost hehe. BTW what are "coil packs"?

The car is bone stock and not planning to lower it. Have to check the type of engine oil used though.

Thanks for the feedback y'all!

naklaju

Known Member
Jul 17, 2005
Rawang
cOIL PACKS IS THE THING THAT IS CONNECT TO YOUR PLUG..IF U OPEN THE COVER ON YOUR ENGINE HEAD, THERES ID 6 COIL PACKS FOR YOUR 6 SPARK PLUG...

naklaju

Known Member
Jul 17, 2005
Rawang
No problem if u want to lowed ..but need to have front chamber kit (cusco) and rear upper camber kit...

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
That's going to cost quite a bit right?

What's the stock bodyroll of a GTT like? I heard it's pretty stiff and suitable for spirited driving while keeping the occupants comfortable.

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
No problem if u want to lowed ..but need to have front chamber kit (cusco) and rear upper camber kit...
Just wondering, why is the chamber kit necessary if you want to lower the height of your car? How much chamber will it increase? What is the acceptable chamber setting for daily driving? thanks

mj_23

Known Member
Jun 30, 2005
Singapore
www.skylineclub.org
Hi guys,

My bro is planning to get a R34 GTT 4-speed tiptronic with 50k km on the clock. The car looks fine, test drive also no problems.

Just want to get some feedback from GTT owners on common problems associated with GTTs. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Also how much would it cost to convert a GTT to a GTR (cosmetic only)?

Thanks
Some known issue of the GTT AT in SG

1. Petrol Tank leakage .. got to check
2. If install BOV, need EIDS else car stall easily
3. Stock Turbo Max boost to 1bar anything more fin will blow into pieces (I blew 2 :P)
4. Got to change all the water hoses at 80K KM Interval
5. On start, sometime gear will stuck at 3rd gear ... re-start will solve be ok ... problem due to many possibilities like gear solenoid.

That's all I can think of now

Else its a Great Car :)

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Some known issue of the GTT AT in SG

1. Petrol Tank leakage .. got to check
2. If install BOV, need EIDS else car stall easily
3. Stock Turbo Max boost to 1bar anything more fin will blow into pieces (I blew 2 :P)
4. Got to change all the water hoses at 80K KM Interval
5. On start, sometime gear will stuck at 3rd gear ... re-start will solve be ok ... problem due to many possibilities like gear solenoid.

That's all I can think of now

Else its a Great Car :)

Petrol tank leakage? Serious? May explain the low mileage....hehe

You mean when you start the car and put into drive, the car will won't go past 3rd gear? And what do you mean by restart? Restart the engine?

Thanks for the valuable feedback!

satigue

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
O2 sensor tend to 'kong' fast. change twice in a year. other than tht, never had any problems wif the car. it's a great car like wat MJ said.
MJ, max boost for stock turbine is 1 bar? r u sure?

thehornbag

Jan 3, 2007
Could be, cause from most threads in skylines Australia, anything above 1bar you're asking for trouble. But I seen plenty of GTT boosting more than 1bar.

Satigue: You got any idea where can I get that O2 sensor? and roughly the price could be?

mj_23

Known Member
Jun 30, 2005
Singapore
www.skylineclub.org
Petrol tank leakage? Serious? May explain the low mileage....hehe

You mean when you start the car and put into drive, the car will won't go past 3rd gear? And what do you mean by restart? Restart the engine?

Thanks for the valuable feedback!
GTT share the same petrol tank with S14 ... many S14 had changed due to leakage. My GTT also leak and changed.

What I mean for 3rd gear is that after u start the car, the AT is already is 3rd gear. It will not kick down or even up shift. Using the tiptronic function will not help too. But a simple restart, everything will be back to normal

Cheers
MJ

mj_23

Known Member
Jun 30, 2005
Singapore
www.skylineclub.org
MJ, max boost for stock turbine is 1 bar? r u sure?
So far base on what I gather, 1bar is quite safe. There are only isolated cases where the turbo gave way at 1bar. To be safer, do 0.9 :)

But as per what thehornbag pointed out. Anything more than 1bar, you are inviting trouble. I know ... cos I blew 2 at 1.1 to 1.2bar :P

Cheers
MJ

Innocente

Known Member
Oct 28, 2006
The only problem I face with the GTT is..so much potential to mod..so little money.. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all members, need help here, Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo WKR3302 silver been stolen just now near Dynasty Hotel here at 6.30pm.. please forward via email or SMS or report to nearest police station if saw or call 0123952098 lee or 0122085633 edward.. thanks... your help is much appreaciate..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience