question on mivec CK

r3dster

500 RPM
Mar 26, 2006
just wondering.browsed around market place.seems that mivec ck(timing belt left side) is cheaper than the old mivec(timing belt right side).is it legal to plonk in the ck version into a satria?(not neo)can i get approval?the size is about the same right?is the hp different?

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
Hi..

i've been using Mivec CK in waja for about a year now..

mivec CK (2nd gen mivec) is less popular than 1st gen mivec.. dat's why you can find the price diffrence.. new one is cheaper than the old one :confused_smile:

if you want to put a mivec ck in old satria... it can be done.. i dunno about the detail, but here (kemaman/kuantan) area, there is a satria using that setup..

if i'm not mistaken... you have to re-do all the mountings... back then, the JPJ/Puspakom inspection was easier... but now, i think you better check wif the authority 1st..

power diff... cannot comment on that... not very sure...
but i heard there is a diffrence somewhere in power/torque for 1st gen & 2nd gen mivec...

i think sifu's2 here can help you on that... i'm not very gud at technical thingy... for me, i just enjoy my mivec...

gud luck

r3dster

500 RPM
Mar 26, 2006
re-do all mountings?aiseh...that's gonna cause trouble...but if do properly ?hmm...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
u need to re-hole on ur car firewall as well.... this because some mounting problem...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all..does anyone know how to set the car select and type select at the back of the safc 5 button for mira L2? tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience