Putra

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
in australia they allow u to convert fwd to awd? cool... time to move to aussie hehehe

mototo

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
NSW
Visit site
in australia they allow u to convert fwd to awd? cool... time to move to aussie hehehe
Yup, as long you consult a approved engineer by the "JPJ" here its fine. also the same engineer would be the one examining your mod after its done to ensure it meets the requirements thus passing your car for roadworthy.

cheers

gsr6625

Known Member
Oct 20, 2005
wow..... 1.3k for a car?here can't even buy half cut.....onli the auto libero gsr can get...the rs is still going at 6.5k...good luck bro modding ur car.

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
i would op for a putra ..lol .. i am driving a 1.6 satria now and i can say that the fuel consumption is okay for a student like me ..for rm50 can go around 350km plus minus ... but weird is my fren's putra can go rm50 for 400km ..lol ..so initially a well maintained ride would save u lots in fuel ... i am graduating next year ..so i plan to change my satria and get a putra hehe ..although ppl may say it is an old car ..but after i had driven it ..it feels very new in looks exterior and interior ..

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
hmmm...tats impressive fuel consumption...

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
getting a 2nd hand putra? make sure you have at least RM5k left for any engine trouble that might arise.

overall, it's a good car to have even though mine has given me lots of headache (not the car's fault, previous 2 owners crashed the car...but i was younger and didn't know what to look for when buying a 2nd hand car...so, i fix as i drive).

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
yup, buying second hand gonna need time and patient..need to research and also search ..we can't just rush it and get a car ..maybe from the outer shell we can;t notice anything, as the inner engine is most important ..i got myself a 2nd hand 1.6satria and used around 1year to finalize my search and got a ride that is not giving me problems ..so in the end ..it all depends on how much efford you willing to put and time u willing to spend to search for the most suitable ride for urself hehe ..

rhys86

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2005
Klang
yea... i m driving a putra... i love it alot... fuel consumption is ok ar.. dun alwiz step and speed den will be ok full tank can reach around 350-400km... it depends on how you drive actually... if wan better fuel consumption can get a piggyback ECU like SAFC 2 or Emanage to tune up abit.. its much better...

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
ehehe ...ttats y i m craving for one Putra too ..now researching .. wanna tryout a got butt car ..coz i driving a hatch ma ..

karem

Not Seniorita
Jun 8, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
putralalala.blogspot.com
keputraan

haha...definitely the boot space will benefit.
Mine oso is used unit but so far no major problems, just keep alert can save lives :LOL
Just make sure you check everything you can & do bring a friend to help check if you can't bring a mech (mech would know better, of course) when attempting to buy a car.

Mine oso FC around 340km - 400km for RM80 of Shell petrol, depends on my nerve system oso :p

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
thanks for the advise hehe ..

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
i drove a putra b4 n sell it off few yrs back.....
make sure if u wanna buy it,
u'll get straight from the 1st owner, or at least 2nd reliable owner... 3rd owner-not advis'able...
its a good car, its a coupe n its sleek..
what ever u do, it will look damn good (turbo, wide body or whatever...)

but, alot of REMPITS r eyeing the putra now for upgrade wise... damn..
in a way, insults the putra owners.. f**off!!

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
lol ..you are right also .. so have to becareful ..i plan to take this Putra as a collection and maybe later gonna buy another 4door car as normal kommuter ..lets say a weekend car putra ..so have to search slowly ..

rhys86

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2005
Klang
yea.. i m keeping mine as a collection... modding it for car shows.. den get another car... tis putra for weekends and for car show competitions... wakakaa

ibra76

Jul 10, 2006
Salam n peace to all..im a Penang Kia now in JB.

To Crapper and all ya gonnabe Putra owners...im a Putra owner and just got it on June 2006. My comments:

-first of all, i love this car so much that if i were filthy rich i would give to you one as a gift..
-1998, i saw and fell in love with at first sight..but what to do that time not affordable.
-2005, test drove a friend's 1999 model Putra..and i tell you.. the pick up and pull so damn impressive and powerful...it drove me crazy with sleepless nights...hehe..
-2006, finally i manage to buy one year 2001 model at rm40k in Penang. Stock standard N/A superb condition..14" original alloy wheels. I browsed in JB but most of them were modified..so reliability is a big concern.

Performance:
-wheelspin like crazy on 1st gear and 2nd gear...especially if on wet roads during rainy days it wont move at all on 1st gear lol! have to release the clutch to reduce the power and balance it....fuuhh stiiiiimm man..
-handsome fuel perfomance..proof? i started my journey to Penang from JB. Filled full tank in JB and took off. I used old road all the way for the challenge and fun. Do u know where i top up my fuel? at Tapah!! Mileage was 562km! Speed average 100-120kmh. What else can i say...but of course for city driving i get lesser than that but still around 400+km.
-just fixed open pod filter, not much difference but slightly better throttle respond and the macho roar from under the hood.

Problems:
-squeaking sound from suspensions..power window did not work smoothly so had it repaired and till now no issue..wiper blade are worn out and need to be replaced.
-the dashboard meters is a headache..the rpm meter is a bit crazy and works intermittently....the speedometer is fine..but the tripmeter would get stuck when i go on a long journey non stop for more than 300 kmh on highway...
-another issue is the car feels floating on top speed especially after 180kmh..maybe because of my suspension not so good and the car is generlally light. My best top speed was 205kmh
-ABS brakes are fantastic...it just slows and stops your car perfectly...but if u drive wrecklessly, then only God can save you.

So, what are u wating for laa? go and grab one before taken by sumone. I got mine from a used car but i can say its my luck that i got it in a good condition..my personal advice is you should browse through Motor Trader magazine...i saw a lot of stock putras in there and u can contact the owners directly..mostly are in KL n sleangor area.

Putra is unique because no car can be modified to look as it...compared to GTi, any satria can be converted to look like it. But i love GTis too...sexy and stylo.

All d best to u and next time when you reply here i want to hear that you have got one :)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need to know about turbo condition.
-how to check turbine?
-what sign of bad turbine?
-can bad turbine send to service?

becoz i already buy one turbine, then dunno izzit ok or not and how to check...so hope any sifoos outthere can help...thanxs
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience