Putra

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
kelisa is small...if for student...fit just nice la...no regeret buying kelisa even though price is about iswara...juz my 2 cents~

Originally posted by theCypher@Apr 21 2005, 14:59
kelisa is small...if for student...fit just nice la...no regeret buying kelisa even though price is about iswara...juz my 2 cents~
[snapback]916130[/snapback]​
hey crapper i knw u said u dun like satria, but for the details u give the best will fit ur budget is satria, i recently bought satria 1.6 second hand 97 model n very happy,
the moment i bought after like a week realise got black smoke but lucky me tht dealer gave me one month warrnty so got it changed after tht all ok except the TB gave prob last week..LOL got tht changed, well its alwiz a risk buyin seocnd hand car, but i think satria is a fantastic car especially for 1.6. fuel consumption, believe or not, RM50 can bring me to 450 - 500KM easily (highway driving normally, i travel to cyberjaya everyday)
the performance is good n for small budget u can modify tehcar as u go, go it's great, the spare parts are not tht expensive however if u wanna compare with 1.3 thn of course there is a diff.

don't get a Gti with the siemens ECU.. SARKS!
get one, throw in 4G63! other concerns are secondary! :lol:

get a satria 1.6,convert the bodykit to satria GTI..spray it nicely..fit a very nice rim..

and you got nice bodykit..nice power..nice fuel comsumptions...kelisa?very small bro..my sister bought it and when we go shopping..the trunk is full!even with a little barang.. that the cons...the pro is power..kelisa is damn fast man..and the FC..

who say 4g93 giving bad fuel comsuption ah..... u r going to compare with kelisa or kancil fair kah!!!!

suzuki swift :P

hey crapper! putra is a good car. good in power, not so bad consumption, nice interior (seats, steering, gear knob), comes with all disc bake setup & ABS and the fact that proton has stopped production has stabilised the used market value at around 35-38K.

avoid those model yr post-2000 production. go for 1st batch. in stock standard can easily reach 210km/h..he he and mid gear acceleration is so wonderful...can leave almost anything else behind..

the equivalent model mirage asti in japan also comes in 1.5 version with drum brakes. I always wonder why proton dun wan bring in and sell at lower price, sure sell like hot cake.

reliability is like any othe proton car. if u r going for auto, do not use 16" rims. it will affect the good consumption and pick-up.

it is not easy to find a good used example as most putra owners (and also Wira LE DOHC) normally thrash their cars. u juz need to be cautios.

if can wait, new Perodua is within weeks from official sale. expect the 1.3 version to cost less than a wira 1.5 which i can say mid 40K. if u can wait long enuff...all new satria is to be launched in 2nd half of the year. avoid the new tiara at all cost. the doghead use 1.2 engine. u will regret.

other alternatives...SR4/SR3 civics, AE101 late 95 corolla, mazda lantis 1.6M mid 90s, and satria GTI 1998 all around 40K. gud luck!

thanks for the advice zan. im browsing here and there.. and see that a 97 putra cost no more than 40k. but, its already 8 yrs. i dont know how the car will perform after 8 years? hard to find a good putra nowadays. mostly 'barai'. my bro in law had a putra few years back. i wanted the car but i didnt have my driving license yet. so he sold it. quite cheap. 30k. im soo sad. tsk tsk

Crapper ,

half of these ppl dont know what they are talking about. maybe coz they do not own a putra.

personally , i recommend u to get the 2000/01 putra. its newer and u'll have less to worry about when it comes to maintainence. and it consumes petrol less than a 97 putra , of coz sacrificing the power...

tip : get a manual one. auto tends to consume more petrol

been driving a 2000 putra , no major problem so far. just your regular oil change + some wear and tear issues + the normal proton 'sickness' if u know what i mean

price should range btw 44-48k for a nice one.

Bro,

Get yourself a putra...used a 97 model before and it was a stock engine... 3 words for u... I LOVE IT! it's unique, 2 doors coupe, branded interior and an excellent car to start as a base for modifying. Fuel consumption, RM50 can clocked around 420 km.

And best part is, people will know that u are driving at least an 1.8 engine..........unless u change it to 4g15 for saving fuel.. :D

Just to show u how i love the car, i am brainwashing my wife to get a putra instead of Picanto or SE. Hope she is buying my idea coz then i can tumpang sekaki.......hahahaha.

my 2 sen...

As a student, why not save a little first, suffer for a year or 2 without a car...then get a better model with the money saved..

for 60k you can get a 97 Fiat 2.0 Coupe Turbo :D it would have crap fuel consumption, high maintenance costs but would blow away a putra in terms of looks and performance

for 60K+ you can get a 97 FTO 2.0 V6, average FC, average maintanece for a 2.0...but looks so much better then a putra...

for 70k+ you can get a 97-98 Subaru Impreza,... :lol:

just giving you some more options....my real advice is to get something cheap and easy to maintain...when I first started working...my parents offered to help me pay for a GTi....hahaha...but i die die wanted a fto..."sporty" mar...so i got one...and i die lor...pay tru my nose...not that the car was troublesome...just that it was more tehn i could afford...

thnx for the advice kwak. but its hard to find really good 2nd putra nowadays. like i sed. mostly 'barai'. its gonna be hard.

jwrx, i seriously need a car! i need to go to class everydayy... tsk.. need to do my errands and stuffz.. need to go to library (kof kof). so, desperately need car. cannot wait 2 yrs.

hey, just registered at 0-100 today. abt your predicament, I had the same problem too. I wanted a Putra really bad at first, especially coz of the design. But I changed my mind and got a 2001 Satria GTi. Trust me, it's fun! :D like most ppl have said, you should get at least about 300km with Rm40 buck. And thats 300km with a good level of acceleration. I'm currently doing college, just started. Good car lah, for the price. Got lots of plans for the thing.

Putra,Step-0 no catalytic converter was installed on Putras

SGTi, 1999 to 2001 pre November is using Step-1 - MMC ecu

SGTi, late 2001 onwards is using Step-2 (siemens ecu a.k.a karipap ecu). The steps are for emmission standards, less horsies for sgti on siemens ecu. Even 4g91 can tapau sgti using this siemens ecu.

catalytic conventors doesss??? explanation? so.. ur saying.. dont get the late gtiS? ryte?

i dislike satria based cars. because of the behind part. i think its too small. cant hardly do anything. not that i want to do anything larh.. hehe.. kidding. i think i prefer a big trunk space so that i can bring more ppl in the car... the more the merrier.. hehehe

by the way. does every putra comes with DOHC engine. (im not familiar with the engine codes)

all putra and SGTI comes with standard 4G93 1.8 DOHC.

only wira 1.8 came with either SOHC or DOHC. avoid the SOHC; at 118bhp it is useless as the 1.6 has 116bhp. but both has ABS!!

heh. my parents are asking me.. how is the maintainance? is it worth it? what if the car breakdown? how to find parts since they stopped production?

Top Bottom