proton wira convert evo 4 / 5 . Possible ?

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
You want parts from C99? What kind of parts?

1990 4G15? In what car? If it is in Proton Saga, then it should be a carburetor version of 4G15. MMC is only available in 1998 for the first batch of 4G15 with electronic fuel injection. They are replaced with local made VDO ECU in 2001. VDO have more sensitive electronics than MMC. Can check out this recent thread regarding differences between MMC and VDO 4G15. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=461752

Well, my car isn't that great with the rust issue, stone chips and minor scratches here and there. Can't really expect a showroom condition of a 18 year old car that has been used for daily travel. Still, I think the condition of my car can at least be considered as average. I agree that a car within a family means a lot to the family. It din't cross my mind back then when I was young that one day I will be the one driving this Wira. Time flies. Like I mentioned earlier, my father was not around anymore, so it gives me a stronger reason on why I should hold on to this car because he bought this car back then. Selling it away for something less than RM10k doesn't seem worth it. RM10k can be saved up after some time, but memories of the car can never be bought back.

At the end, you manage to convince your friend's brother to sell you that car. :biggrin:

Here is a photo of my car.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=562279[/img[/QUOTE]

you got it right, it's a carburetor 4G15.

no reason to sell it off, buy a new car and it still can be used as a spare mobile. wira proven reliable also whut!

hahahaha yeah and i still drive my car (his old car) whenever i visit their family, just to make a point "do not fret, it is in good hands" :proud:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
you got it right, it's a carburetor 4G15.

no reason to sell it off, buy a new car and it still can be used as a spare mobile. wira proven reliable also whut!

hahahaha yeah and i still drive my car (his old car) whenever i visit their family, just to make a point "do not fret, it is in good hands" :proud:
Then that is not MMC. MMC is only found in EFI 4G15.

I agree. With this Wira as daily car, can aim for weekend car. No problem aiming for performance car since not daily driven.

The family should be happy seeing that their car is in the hands of a good owner. Did you post any pictures of your Satria before?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
You want parts from C99? What kind of parts?

1990 4G15? In what car? If it is in Proton Saga, then it should be a carburetor version of 4G15. MMC is only available in 1998 for the first batch of 4G15 with electronic fuel injection. They are replaced with local made VDO ECU in 2001. VDO have more sensitive electronics than MMC. Can check out this recent thread regarding differences between MMC and VDO 4G15. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=461752

Well, my car isn't that great with the rust issue, stone chips and minor scratches here and there. Can't really expect a showroom condition of a 18 year old car that has been used for daily travel. Still, I think the condition of my car can at least be considered as average. I agree that a car within a family means a lot to the family. It din't cross my mind back then when I was young that one day I will be the one driving this Wira. Time flies. Like I mentioned earlier, my father was not around anymore, so it gives me a stronger reason on why I should hold on to this car because he bought this car back then. Selling it away for something less than RM10k doesn't seem worth it. RM10k can be saved up after some time, but memories of the car can never be bought back.

At the end, you manage to convince your friend's brother to sell you that car. :biggrin:

Here is a photo of my car.

You mean the auto variants? I think I have seen more of these C99 in our dark gray colour. Once in a while, can even spot some of those limited edition C99 Wira that came with a rear spoiler that resembles the one found in Evo 1 and Evo 2.
Fuhhhh...kilat kilat :adore:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Then that is not MMC. MMC is only found in EFI 4G15.

I agree. With this Wira as daily car, can aim for weekend car. No problem aiming for performance car since not daily driven.

The family should be happy seeing that their car is in the hands of a good owner. Did you post any pictures of your Satria before?
with the Wira set as your daily driver, any performance cars that you're eyeing on now?

yes i've ensured them that. hmmm no i have not, due to security reasons. at least not until the car is fully done up then i can share a photo post :biggrin: you should too!

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
wira for me is good dy. My relative wife sold it very cheap to me. With condition tho, must keep it.
Less one loan to pay what. Just a heart transplant only. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
with the Wira set as your daily driver, any performance cars that you're eyeing on now?

yes i've ensured them that. hmmm no i have not, due to security reasons. at least not until the car is fully done up then i can share a photo post :biggrin: you should too!
Impreza WRX STI. Version 9 or Gc8 if I'm not patient enough to wait for version 9.

Good point about security. But you can always censor your car plate unless your car is easily identifiable with certain traits. Maybe I should remove my car picture also.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Impreza WRX STI. Version 9 or Gc8 if I'm not patient enough to wait for version 9.

Good point about security. But you can always censor your car plate unless your car is easily identifiable with certain traits. Maybe I should remove my car picture also.
wow, those are monster rides. you could climb hills in them! :biggrin:

true, its convenient to just black out the number plate. i had been robbed and car stolen on different occasions so i guess that explains my paranoia alil :viking:

there's no car too old that thieves wouldn't steal, i wouldn't give them the privilege even if i'm driving a junk car :thefinger:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
wow, those are monster rides. you could climb hills in them! :biggrin:

true, its convenient to just black out the number plate. i had been robbed and car stolen on different occasions so i guess that explains my paranoia alil :viking:

there's no car too old that thieves wouldn't steal, i wouldn't give them the privilege even if i'm driving a junk car :thefinger:
Indeed they are monster rides compared to ordinary car. If modded, can even be near supercar level. Looking at their price now, it is actually quite good for a weekend car compared to convert cars. Theft rate is too high for convert cars and their price doesn't seem to be cheap. If you look at how much GC8 is selling compared to those like converted VTEC EG or EK hatch Civic, you can say that they are similarly priced. Undeniably, the Hondas have lower maintenance cost but you can't compare a converted normal hatchback chassis with a GC8 chassis that is built for turbocharged cars.

Dangerous place you live in.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Send my car to the carwash recently. I think the guy at the carwash accidentally turn on the wiper when the windshield is dry. Now, I'm left with one ugly looking wiper scratch on my windshield.

Anybody know where can I get it fix and how much is it?? :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience