Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

proton wira convert evo 4 / 5 . Possible ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
from what im told, later batches dont seem to have the issue (agak agak post 2000).... it seems to be true, those of my kawan who owns the last batches of these cars, no rust issues (aside from those due to collisions)

Or could it be that these Wira are still new?

The later batches with new bumper resembling those from Wira SE?

finally done reading the thread, 25K showered on that Wira! all the good stuff, i have only applause for him :top:

Interesting but why did he call it Wiralution when it isn't using 4G63T or even turbocharged. Car looks good but the LED rear lamp and crystal front lamp seems weird to me. I prefer the original lamps for 90s look. It seems to me that a lot of chinese owners prefer LED type lamp. Most prefer modern instead of 90s look.

Interesting but why did he call it Wiralution when it isn't using 4G63T or even turbocharged. Car looks good but the LED rear lamp and crystal front lamp seems weird to me. I prefer the original lamps for 90s look. It seems to me that a lot of chinese owners prefer LED type lamp. Most prefer modern instead of 90s look.

yes i was curious too 'cos it seemed more like a mere Wira restoration to tip top condition, i wouldn't call my car a Satrialution but i suppose its all subjective. i am with you on the lights! i personally prefer the stock lights, smoked. modern look wants you to have DRLs, angel eyes etc :flute:

yes i was curious too 'cos it seemed more like a mere Wira restoration to tip top condition, i wouldn't call my car a Satrialution but i suppose its all subjective. i am with you on the lights! i personally prefer the stock lights, smoked. modern look wants you to have DRLs, angel eyes etc :flute:

More like Wira mix with Lancer because of the 4G9 DOHC engine.

I prefer stock lamps too, untouched. I have this plan/idea that might sound funny or stupid but I plan to keep my Wira for the next 15 years or more if possible while keeping everything close to stock especially for the exterior. A stock well kept Wira may be nothing now but for the next few decades, it could be something unique like those nicely preserved old school cars now. For me, I think Wira is worth to keep it since it can't be sold off for much money. Besides, it is the 2nd Malaysian made car and probably one of the most popular model ever.

More like Wira mix with Lancer because of the 4G9 DOHC engine.

I prefer stock lamps too, untouched. I have this plan/idea that might sound funny or stupid but I plan to keep my Wira for the next 15 years or more if possible while keeping everything close to stock especially for the exterior. A stock well kept Wira may be nothing now but for the next few decades, it could be something unique like those nicely preserved old school cars now. For me, I think Wira is worth to keep it since it can't be sold off for much money. Besides, it is the 2nd Malaysian made car and probably one of the most popular model ever.

if not mistaken, the rare 1.8 Wira also sports a same twin cam 4g93. counting the amount of Lancer parts thrown into the interior, i guess fair enough?

that is not at all funny, in fact i plan to restore my car to as close as the factory look too. so cheers to that! my interior however is a blend of SE and GTI, might go for a full GTI interior in future, contrasting a SE exterior :biggrin: 15 years later you could be looking at a very different set of car choices, however if this car maintained, it would be a local classic! :cool:

if not mistaken, the rare 1.8 Wira also sports a same twin cam 4g93. counting the amount of Lancer parts thrown into the interior, i guess fair enough?

that is not at all funny, in fact i plan to restore my car to as close as the factory look too. so cheers to that! my interior however is a blend of SE and GTI, might go for a full GTI interior in future, contrasting a SE exterior :biggrin: 15 years later you could be looking at a very different set of car choices, however if this car maintained, it would be a local classic! :cool:

Yes, the C99 Wira EXi came with a 4G93 DOHC. I'm not too sure about this but I think there are some models that came with 4G93 SOHC. I think the SOHC ones are auto.

Ah, good to hear that my plan doesn't sound like something too foolish. For now, I don't plan to swap the engine either. Will retain the 4G15 as mine is considered as the best batch of 4G15, the one with MMC ECU. I have some good memories with the car as well since the car was bought when I was 6 years old which is 18 years ago. Father bought it and he was no longer around now, is like one of the things that he left for me. If I really want to play with engine swapping and heavy mods, can just get another Wira since a base Wira is so cheap nowadays.

Yeah, 15 years later I might be looking for a different car definitely. Already thinking of saving up for a second car. But will keep this Wira as I am reluctant to sell it unless if some situation that forces me to. I foresee that Wira will be a nostalgic car among Malaysians in about 20 years later. Definitely a lot of Wira will be scrapped, left in poor condition or modded far beyond original at that time.

Yes, the C99 Wira EXi came with a 4G93 DOHC. I'm not too sure about this but I think there are some models that came with 4G93 SOHC. I think the SOHC ones are auto.

Ah, good to hear that my plan doesn't sound like something too foolish. For now, I don't plan to swap the engine either. Will retain the 4G15 as mine is considered as the best batch of 4G15, the one with MMC ECU. I have some good memories with the car as well since the car was bought when I was 6 years old which is 18 years ago. Father bought it and he was no longer around now, is like one of the things that he left for me. If I really want to play with engine swapping and heavy mods, can just get another Wira since a base Wira is so cheap nowadays.

Yeah, 15 years later I might be looking for a different car definitely. Already thinking of saving up for a second car. But will keep this Wira as I am reluctant to sell it unless if some situation that forces me to. I foresee that Wira will be a nostalgic car among Malaysians in about 20 years later. Definitely a lot of Wira will be scrapped, left in poor condition or modded far beyond original at that time.

yesss and its the remnants of these cars i am scavenging now :driver:

there's a 1990 4G15 parked in my house too, should be of MMC? i understand the sentiments one car can hold especially when it's a family's first vehicle together, can trade that for no money. every pertrol head has one in their mind. nonetheless, you already sound like you're taking good care of the car so keep up with the progress!

you remind me of my friend's brother who was sooo reluctant to sell his satria to me because he had that bond with the car, took me enough persuading :rofl: also because he was upgrading to a family man's car.

Last edited:
yesss and its the remnants of these cars i am scavenging now :driver:

there's a 1990 4G15 parked in my house too, should be of MMC? i understand the sentiments one car can hold especially when it's a family's first vehicle together, can trade that for no money. every pertrol head has one in their mind. nonetheless, you already sound like you're taking good care of the car so keep up with the progress!

you remind me of my friend's brother who was sooo reluctant to sell his satria to me because he had that bond with the car, took me enough persuading :rofl: also because he was upgrading to a family man's car.

You want parts from C99? What kind of parts?

1990 4G15? In what car? If it is in Proton Saga, then it should be a carburetor version of 4G15. MMC is only available in 1998 for the first batch of 4G15 with electronic fuel injection. They are replaced with local made VDO ECU in 2001. VDO have more sensitive electronics than MMC. Can check out this recent thread regarding differences between MMC and VDO 4G15. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=461752

Well, my car isn't that great with the rust issue, stone chips and minor scratches here and there. Can't really expect a showroom condition of a 18 year old car that has been used for daily travel. Still, I think the condition of my car can at least be considered as average. I agree that a car within a family means a lot to the family. It din't cross my mind back then when I was young that one day I will be the one driving this Wira. Time flies. Like I mentioned earlier, my father was not around anymore, so it gives me a stronger reason on why I should hold on to this car because he bought this car back then. Selling it away for something less than RM10k doesn't seem worth it. RM10k can be saved up after some time, but memories of the car can never be bought back.

At the end, you manage to convince your friend's brother to sell you that car. :biggrin:

Here is a photo of my car.

attachment.php

Yes, they came in purple color. Dont see them on the road these days

You mean the auto variants? I think I have seen more of these C99 in our dark gray colour. Once in a while, can even spot some of those limited edition C99 Wira that came with a rear spoiler that resembles the one found in Evo 1 and Evo 2.

Attachments

• DSC08928.jpg
    DSC08928.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 298

1990 4G15? In what car? If it is in Proton Saga, then it should be a carburetor version of 4G15. MMC is only available in 1998 for the first batch of 4G15 with electronic fuel injection. They are replaced with local made VDO ECU in 2001. VDO have more sensitive electronics than MMC. Can check out this recent thread regarding differences between MMC and VDO 4G15. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=461752

Well, my car isn't that great with the rust issue, stone chips and minor scratches here and there. Can't really expect a showroom condition of a 18 year old car that has been used for daily travel. Still, I think the condition of my car can at least be considered as average. I agree that a car within a family means a lot to the family. It din't cross my mind back then when I was young that one day I will be the one driving this Wira. Time flies. Like I mentioned earlier, my father was not around anymore, so it gives me a stronger reason on why I should hold on to this car because he bought this car back then. Selling it away for something less than RM10k doesn't seem worth it. RM10k can be saved up after some time, but memories of the car can never be bought back.

At the end, you manage to convince your friend's brother to sell you that car. :biggrin:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=562279[/img[/QUOTE]

you got it right, it's a carburetor 4G15.

no reason to sell it off, buy a new car and it still can be used as a spare mobile. wira proven reliable also whut!

hahahaha yeah and i still drive my car (his old car) whenever i visit their family, just to make a point "do not fret, it is in good hands" :proud:

you got it right, it's a carburetor 4G15.

no reason to sell it off, buy a new car and it still can be used as a spare mobile. wira proven reliable also whut!

hahahaha yeah and i still drive my car (his old car) whenever i visit their family, just to make a point "do not fret, it is in good hands" :proud:

Then that is not MMC. MMC is only found in EFI 4G15.

I agree. With this Wira as daily car, can aim for weekend car. No problem aiming for performance car since not daily driven.

The family should be happy seeing that their car is in the hands of a good owner. Did you post any pictures of your Satria before?

attachment.php

You mean the auto variants? I think I have seen more of these C99 in our dark gray colour. Once in a while, can even spot some of those limited edition C99 Wira that came with a rear spoiler that resembles the one found in Evo 1 and Evo 2.

Fuhhhh...kilat kilat :adore:

Then that is not MMC. MMC is only found in EFI 4G15.

I agree. With this Wira as daily car, can aim for weekend car. No problem aiming for performance car since not daily driven.

The family should be happy seeing that their car is in the hands of a good owner. Did you post any pictures of your Satria before?

with the Wira set as your daily driver, any performance cars that you're eyeing on now?

yes i've ensured them that. hmmm no i have not, due to security reasons. at least not until the car is fully done up then i can share a photo post :biggrin: you should too!

wira for me is good dy. My relative wife sold it very cheap to me. With condition tho, must keep it.
Less one loan to pay what. Just a heart transplant only. :biggrin:

with the Wira set as your daily driver, any performance cars that you're eyeing on now?

yes i've ensured them that. hmmm no i have not, due to security reasons. at least not until the car is fully done up then i can share a photo post :biggrin: you should too!

Impreza WRX STI. Version 9 or Gc8 if I'm not patient enough to wait for version 9.

Good point about security. But you can always censor your car plate unless your car is easily identifiable with certain traits. Maybe I should remove my car picture also.

Impreza WRX STI. Version 9 or Gc8 if I'm not patient enough to wait for version 9.

Good point about security. But you can always censor your car plate unless your car is easily identifiable with certain traits. Maybe I should remove my car picture also.

wow, those are monster rides. you could climb hills in them! :biggrin:

true, its convenient to just black out the number plate. i had been robbed and car stolen on different occasions so i guess that explains my paranoia alil :viking:

there's no car too old that thieves wouldn't steal, i wouldn't give them the privilege even if i'm driving a junk car :thefinger:

wow, those are monster rides. you could climb hills in them! :biggrin:

true, its convenient to just black out the number plate. i had been robbed and car stolen on different occasions so i guess that explains my paranoia alil :viking:

there's no car too old that thieves wouldn't steal, i wouldn't give them the privilege even if i'm driving a junk car :thefinger:

Indeed they are monster rides compared to ordinary car. If modded, can even be near supercar level. Looking at their price now, it is actually quite good for a weekend car compared to convert cars. Theft rate is too high for convert cars and their price doesn't seem to be cheap. If you look at how much GC8 is selling compared to those like converted VTEC EG or EK hatch Civic, you can say that they are similarly priced. Undeniably, the Hondas have lower maintenance cost but you can't compare a converted normal hatchback chassis with a GC8 chassis that is built for turbocharged cars.

Dangerous place you live in.

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hai...
I'm using Toyota Seg 1.6 96' ModelAE111
iwant to ask about sports spring for my Toyota.I want to change from ori to sports spring brand PRO-RIDE....it is ok for my car? I do'nt want my car become bumpies n to hard when i already change it. Hopefully i want become comfort. Because before this the ori one is very soft.

So any suggestion.
Thanks.

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom