Proton Tiara Revival, a new lease of life.

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
ill be honest bro, I'm not a sifu but your plans, even to a layman is very very costly. If you absolutely love the car then go ahead with your project. In my opinion, just get a different ride, as modding it would be more bang for buck than modding a Tiara. :)

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
haha, I am, work only as a security, confirm lambat punya, hahaha~

salary not much, want to buy a new ride, but salary not cukup, hoho~

so, stick with 2nd or 3rd or 4th hand cars XD

and the guy said many proton parts fit wan, so i think, with so many parts for proton/mitsu, i don't mind if it's "CHEAP PLUGS" or CAP AYAM parts, as long as I satisfied with my mods.

Tiara already trade with this old hunk of metal. very menyesal wan because the paint i just do on my tiara costs me rm1400++ :'(

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
Tiara is fast car at its stock condition..even can smoke wira 1.6..easily surpass 140km/h last time i drove and max can outmeter..suspension is better than kancil..the downside is the parts are expensive..continental price..will I buy tiara? maybe..to use it to go to work.. it is cheap..can find below 2K for good running condition..if it can last for 1 year, good enough..less than 3 months of my car installment..if you're thinking to use it for several years, its not a good suggestion unless the car is at tip top condition..better buy saga or iswara..I saw 1 tiara before..use front subaru version 3 bumper..gold colour..15 inch rim..very2 good looking car..very nice...

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
walaoeh, the exterior very garang lah?? :) huhu, I know, I prefer saga orion and put fiore bodyparts all over it, and plonk in either 4g61t or pure VTEC B16A ^^

Which of course will take me more than 5 years to save money and don't know still got parts or not that time :banghead:

low yat 82

Sep 11, 2006
imho, tiara is best to keep it as it is. radiator, sure can but need mod. for now, if got extra money, change weaar n tear part bit by bit. d best mod if u wan, is swap d exhaust. at least got abit sound, makes u feel d car is power :)

wow...1.4k for paintin?got pic? m expectin marvelous paint job!

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
low yat 82: aiya, my phone is nokia torch one, no camera. hoho~ plus i already trade with the lancer a70 loh. straight away change the extractor, got power boost summore, and looks really alike with 4g13, wonder if i can change it to efi :) yes, believe it or not, 1.4k, but the pain is very cun wan, green black iridescent :)

har1th7: if got money of course can, plus, at Kota Kinabalu i don't see any otai-otai racing with heavily modded tiara, just many wiralutions and mirage alike, engine still standard loh XD

low yat 82

Sep 11, 2006
@markmystery147

hahah! if got camera, take photo :D

ic..need how much d lancer a70 engine?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Actually my mechanic still keeps his tiara till now.. his mod is starlet turbo engine with 6 speed gearbox.. but recently just remove and sell to his customer that plonk in starlet turbo into his hyundai getz.. my mechanic just got the whole set of rear axle of starlet and plonk it into his tiara as well.. front starlet disc brakes.. Huhu.. top speed? 200km/h++ enough to smoke many same league cars including satria gti.. he told me.. but it's a legendary car.. everytime i go his workshop he just park it outside.. the look of his car is just close to stock.. and seems karat here and there.. but pop the hood.. hoho..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Not easy to drive a starlet right? My friend bought one then sold it off, cuz easily wheelspin, so he not use to it so sold it off...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Mark, its not easy to find aftermarket parts for the Tiara because it's using a TU1 engine from Peugeot. If you intend to just keep it in stock form for daily use then you can try to source the parts from Asli Auto. Their price not bad I've bought quite some replacement parts from them. You can also try to research and see if some parts from the Peugeot 106 especially the suspension could fit your Tiara or not because 106, Ax, and Tiara shares the same platform and 106 have the best suspension setting.

Tiara is running on 3 lug nuts so finding a rim for the car is quite painful. You can either have a set of custom made spacer produced to your sizing or you can use the stock knuckle and the rear drum send it to a machine shop to make it into 4 holes. I lost contact for the shop that can make good quality custom spacer for continental car...this guy is really good and quite some conti owner look for him to make wheel spacer. My spacer was also made by him from Aluminium Alloy. Rust proof, tough and light weight compare to steel spacer. You can try to look around Chan Sow Lin area for those machine shops.

You can also do like what L2s suggested, swap out the engine. This would open up a whole lot of modding opportunity.

Asli Auto website.
Asli Auto

You can also join this group. They are all AX and Tiara owners
Free forum : axtac

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Not easy to drive a starlet right? My friend bought one then sold it off, cuz easily wheelspin, so he not use to it so sold it off...
it's a powerful engine although it's 1.3 only.. but my mechanic fren is not because can't control but he got new toy to fondle with.. haha..

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
well, I do want to mod it to the max like swapping the engine but the cost???

Better buy an 2nd hand accord 1984 models and plonk in a D15 3 stage vtec. hoho. worth the money summore.

Well, I've got to admit, Tiara handling are superb...for such a car. I wouldn't classify it as 'crap' because even waja can't match it in terms of handling.

the repair costs and parts? almost perdana like. wahahaha~

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Low yat 82 : how much? meaning? hoho. again, i swap it with my cousin's KP30. After messing with it's engine for 3 days. already leaking oil. hahaha!! revving like a maniac. planning on 'turbo'ed' this puny car, but 2K engine just can't cope with boost, so i've just changed the gasket with a metal one, plunk in a modified mikuni solex yesterday, custom made manifold, just use 1 of the twin solex, using CAI , cap ayam kampung extractor( i think aluminium piping only, 1.5 inch), cap ayam mugen muffler(really giving me the vtec kinda sound)...and after spending rm670+, the mod just not worth it =="but the sound is priceless lah XD

And yes, I just swap cars three times and I'm hoping I don't, because I just fell in love with the KP30. Classic feel :)

Now planning on modifying the interior, installing air conditioner, installing oil cooler kit from JASMA(CAP AYAM), all aluminium radiator, (also cap ayam), lightened crank pully(if got one), distributor (don't know if got effect or not), gearbox 5 speed.

Total costs? will be rm1000++ =="