Proton Tiara Revival, a new lease of life.

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
Helo all ZTH members.

I'm planning on reviving me first car, proton tiara given by my uncle last year.

Just finished painting a fade black color, lowering it a little bit using a lowered springs (from kancil)

Now, just planning on do some mods, such as follows

1. carburetor
2. air filter: open pod or cold air intake?
3. engine oil cooler kits: Planning on buying WORKS engine oil cooler kit but damn expensive, is JASMA brand good enough? and a bonus question though, can I INSTALL the oil cooler kits?
4. radiator: i see many aftermarkets all aluminium radiators selling really cheap, can i fit those in my tiara?
5. cam pulleys, crankpulleys: can i use those HKS or jasma cam pulleys?
6. starter: i really want to use the perdana v6 starter, can use or not?
7. knuckles: how much to change it?
8.extractor: which setup is the best? 4-2-1 or 4-1 for this engine?
9. tachometer, can I install one? :p
10. clutch, flywheel: is there any aftermarket parts suitable for tiara??

sorry for asking too much, because I need to know. Rather than letting this car turn into rust, i might as well use it for going to work :p
yes, i know it has no value in today's market, but still, if volkswagen beetle can be mod, how can tiara cannot? sure can wan... :)

So sifus, please teach me, a noob like me :)

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Helo all ZTH members.

I'm planning on reviving me first car, proton tiara given by my uncle last year.

Just finished painting a fade black color, lowering it a little bit using a lowered springs (from kancil)

Now, just planning on do some mods, such as follows

1. carburetor
2. air filter: open pod or cold air intake?
3. engine oil cooler kits: Planning on buying WORKS engine oil cooler kit but damn expensive, is JASMA brand good enough? and a bonus question though, can I INSTALL the oil cooler kits?
4. radiator: i see many aftermarkets all aluminium radiators selling really cheap, can i fit those in my tiara?
5. cam pulleys, crankpulleys: can i use those HKS or jasma cam pulleys?
6. starter: i really want to use the perdana v6 starter, can use or not?
7. knuckles: how much to change it?
8.extractor: which setup is the best? 4-2-1 or 4-1 for this engine?
9. tachometer, can I install one? :p
10. clutch, flywheel: is there any aftermarket parts suitable for tiara??

sorry for asking too much, because I need to know. Rather than letting this car turn into rust, i might as well use it for going to work :p
yes, i know it has no value in today's market, but still, if volkswagen beetle can be mod, how can tiara cannot? sure can wan... :)

So sifus, please teach me, a noob like me :)
Im no sifu but if you dont mind me asking, how fast do you intend to speed on this modded car?

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
I'm no speed hunter but just fast enough for me to go to work. i'm a rev maniac though. haha~

OEM parts for tiara is just DAMN expensive, especially the radiator >.<"

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
if you just got it, use it first and see if the parts you mentioned need replacing in the first place ( carb, radiator, clutch, knuckles ) once its in good condition, then you can opt for the oil cooler, pulleys n stuffs..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Frankly, not to pour cold water but the car is not really worth reviving...even if u want to sell the car, you wont get much
either...best to get a more affordable car with hassle free as a daily car since like u said, parts for Tiara is expensive and
not easy to get too...

Getting extinct...

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
for sure, but can i use those cap ayam hks aluminium radiator? will it even fit? carb got no prob, just replaced with a new one. planning on using mikuni solex.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm no speed hunter but just fast enough for me to go to work. i'm a rev maniac though. haha~

OEM parts for tiara is just DAMN expensive, especially the radiator >.<"
First and foremost, if you need to go fast on this car, my friendly advise is that you change your rear
drum brakes to disc brakes first.

Many incidences involving youngsters is when they know how to run but unable to stop....

So first mod.... change the rear brakes to disc brakes...:burnout::listen:

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
i know, getting parts in new condition is just like a dodo bird. finding halfcuts parts loh. i don't even want to sell it.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

can change to diskbrake meh? walao, i didn't even know that. how ah? :p

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i know, getting parts in new condition is just like a dodo bird. finding halfcuts parts loh. i don't even want to sell it.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

can change to diskbrake meh? walao, i didn't even know that. how ah? :p
Check with your mechanic, whether can be done on your Tiara.....:idea:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
with all those mods u have in mind, i think ur better of researching on possible engine replacements instead....something like the starlet or something.

ull get better power, more reliability (especially since u say ur a rev maniac) n easier to source for parts... n u can do the brake conversion one shot which will give u a proper 4 lug instead of the 3 lug.

all the mods u mentioned imho is totally not worth it for the tiara engine...with the fragility of th stock engine n the way u drive, itll prolly just end up breaking down again

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
its a rare occasion that someone want to use tiara nowadays. what i can say is, spare your cash for this car. it might breakdown anywhere, anytime. i suggest you to buy a kancil. can mod anytime if u like (if u have the money), parts easy to find, performance parts also easy to find. fuel efficiency is also good (even if u transplant turbo engine, its still good). so all the best for you bro.

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
well, after thinking this mod through and through, I think I have my tiara swapped for older Mitsubishi Lancer (A70).
And modding my tiara for starlet engine isn't worth it, too much $$ to use.

On the other hand, I saw the ad of the car, the mitsubishi lancer (A70), although it's not looking that great though, but it is one of a kind. looks like an orion series engine. or saturn series. plus, it's rear wheel drive summore ^^

gonna post some photos of the engine bay and the exterior shortly.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While Renault’s motorsports division may have had their duties eased off following the sale of their Formula One team to Lotus, they’ve been retasked with providing engines to Formula One teams as well as focusing on performance kits for their road-going vehicles, such as the Megane RS that has been kitted out for the rigours of tarmac rallying...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience