Proton Saga / Iswara

theorekz

Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
hi guys, i wanted to know whether the effect of modding an external coil to magma 12v is comparable to the outcome of combining iridium n thicker cable?? how necessary is it to have a bigger spark...? bit blur ni..

hope sifoos can help out... :)

theorekz

Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
thanks for da info sifoo khoyos.. cause i went to a garage.. the mech doesnt recommend me to mod external coil.. he says iridium should do the job well... but he tak promote promote anything lah..

is there any spec of the coil i should look for? or any external coil would do the job well compare to stock internal coil?

so i just try to check lar... cause not worth to use iridium as has to change from time to time... prefer to use back copper.. cheaper... keke...

MitonCT26

Seremban
old school mallory coils should do the job. i think i got one lying around in my storeroom.... lemme check.

theorekz

Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
miton sifoo, how about bosch coil? msd coil is kinda expensive though... mallory coil can be modded to 12v's distributor? we need a ballast resistor to avoid bursting the distributor right?? or the coil has resistor embedded inside?

any idea how much voltage does the stock internal coil stepped up to?

stevenlwh

Jan 1, 2007
im new here, my car is iswara 1.3 aeroback standard. just want to ask taiko here can this 1.3 engine match mitsubishi auto gear box with O/D that type kah:_:

khoyos

Nov 23, 2003
steven, no. OD type has its own computer to control the gearshifts. whereas saga/iswara auto gearbox is mechanically operated (no extra wirings)

epin

Jan 14, 2007
hai..im epin from klang.....

khoyos

Nov 23, 2003
jvoltz, if u have a big budget, do go for mivec 1.6 gearbox. it comes with quite a big final drive in stock form.

mivec gearbox (non lsd) rm1200
custom made driveshafts rm700 1 pair
modify mountings rm150
workmanship rm200
clutch pump rm200 new(up & down)
clutch pedal dunno price

if u dont have big budget, just get complete set standard gearbox. should be less than rm1k complete all items needed+installation

EG8

www.surfer-girl.com
guys

wanna ask you guys

what steering wheel can be fitted into Old Saga? New Iswara steering or wira steering can fit eh?

Thanks!

Hello,

i parked my car in a complex mall and the car roof kena the waste water dripping from the pipe above. I only realised it on the next day and the white stain is there and hard to remove unless i use a coin cover with clothe n scratch it. it is not easy to remove!.

how should i get rid of it without hurting the car paint???

use wd-40? (i used b4 to remove left over sticker glue stains on car paint)

the worst thing is, it is not my car :sweat: