Proton Saga / Iswara

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
You must be kidding man. Is there any other car 'shittier' than Iswara? Even Kancil in many aspects is better than Iswara.
Anyway I am driving Iswara model year 2001, too.:driver:
What year model you are looking for? pre-LMSS, LMSS or LMST? Stock or modded? Manual or auto transmission? Now secondhand price is damn low you gonna get very good bargain. But finance interest is very high now. It's insane the lowest people get is 6% upwards, if I am not mistaken. Unless... :smokin: CASH deal.

Replay

Known Member
Jan 27, 2004
KL
Visit site
lol..I didnt know that the ISWARA is considered bottom of the barrel, well I'm sure there are a few redeeming qualities of the car, which IMHO are;

- Cheap to maintain
- Reasonable FC

oh darn...can only think of 2...lol

I'm looking for something around 2002 till the latest 1990's. Which would be better? the sedan or aeroback version? What does LMSS and LMST stand for? would prefer an auto tranny so the gf can drive it also....

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, I didn't mean it's the bottom stuff. It has it's pro side, or else this car could not in existence for 23 years in Malaysia.:biggrin:
hehe, let me add another points for you:
- plenty of spare parts (I think can still find supply for another 10 years!!!)
- Very tough bumpers!!! I have never broken my bumpers in all these years of accident. (model 2002 and earlier)

LMSS/LMST?:confused:

I love my ride.

Good luck hunting.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
LMSS iswaras are the limited edition silver ones

Anyways, good stuff about saga/iswaras:

-cheap
-parts are cheap, commonly available
-any mech under the coconut tree can fix
-do it up properly, would be quite fuel-friendly (if this is ur sole focus)
-do it up properly, would be quite the torquey car (if this is ur sole focus) e.g. 142 hp powerzone iswara, 0-100 in lesser than 8 seconds
-aftermarket support available in terms of suspension, engine, chassis etc. etc. (powerzone, maddriver, matspeed, ultraracing, titan, hwl) hehehhe
-most common car means that there are lotsa local forums of saga/iswara users (sagaiswaraclub.ma.cx, sioc.cjb.net, etc. etc.) with many members, and lotsa good info

if auto tranny, power a bit kureng, fc a bit more...but wat to do, its also for gf, rite? haha then no other options, then...

Good luck dude!

Last edited:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
LMSS iswaras are the limited edition silver ones

Anyways, good stuff about saga/iswaras:

-cheap
-parts are cheap, commonly available
-any mech under the coconut tree can fix
-do it up properly, would be quite fuel-friendly (if this is ur sole focus)
-do it up properly, would be quite the torquey car (if this is ur sole focus) e.g. 142 hp powerzone iswara, 0-100 in lesser than 8 seconds
-aftermarket support available in terms of suspension, engine, chassis etc. etc. (powerzone, maddriver, matspeed, ultraracing, titan, hwl) hehehhe
-most common car means that there are lotsa local forums of saga/iswara users (sagaiswaraclub.ma.cx, sioc.cjb.net, etc. etc.) with many members, and lotsa good info

if auto tranny, power a bit kureng, fc a bit more...but wat to do, its also for gf, rite? haha then no other options, then...

Good luck dude!

Bro, later he become very itchy reading your post :biggrin:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
YYC, i like to spread the itchiness hohoho

Replay, can swap over most mitsubishi brake pumps, im using a larger mitsu brake pump, but not sure from which model...yes, braking is one of the saga/iswara's big weakness, evryone faces this problem...

If u are getting a relatively old 2nd hand car, do change the rubber brake hoses...change to Pro RS metal braided brake hoses, or IMPROVE metal braided brake hoses, costs about rm2xx...this will reduce the 'spongy' feeling of ur brakes...and then upgrade ur master brake pump too, get better brake pads, and u will have good braking for your car

Another thing id recommend to any saga/iswara user, to reduce the 'floaty' feeling of the car, to improve handling, make the car feel a lot more solid, is to spend a coupla hundred bucks to install front UR 3 point bar, rear 3 point bar and 2 point fender bars...makes a world of difference to ur car...for such a good price, this is the best bang for the buck mod hohoho

good luck!

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, I can testify that after installing UR bars, the difference is just simply amazing! I just have front and rear 3-point bars not even yet fixing the fender bars the overall handling of the car is up couple of notches. Straight line and cornering is superb!

Next week come my Pro RS brake hose.:biggrin:

Replay

Known Member
Jan 27, 2004
KL
Visit site
Thanks for the tip tofu....so the UR bars really have their effect on the Iswara eh...thats good. I reckon the chassis is probably too soft and it flexes way too. Well I guess having soft chassis affects not just the Iswara but most of the Proton cars too...

Now time to start visiting those 2nd hand car lots...hahah........

Nov 11, 2008
Hi guys,

I'm from KL.

Car : Proton iswara 1.3 a/b
Model : 1998
Mods : Stock standard
Problem :
- Petrol/exhaust smell in cabin (already tried changing carburetor, exhaust pipe (stock), fuel cap)
- Brakes no longer bite
- Car rusting from inside-out

Conclusion :
Never buy this car (or any car from Proton).
Hi, msg me at msn and i'll tell u about the car.
Hope i can really help you out.

MAD1

Oct 10, 2006
Hi...mine is A/B 1.3 dark grey. Model year 2001.
Still under modi-construction.

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Just to share the brake experience. I have the same problem. So i changed and the the Perdana V6 brake pump. Well... My brake pump now is bigger than the one in the Mitsubishi Storm. The braking experience is.... It really safe my life!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi im driving a 4g15t so i was thing swap the 4g15 head with the 4g92 mivec head. Is it possible? I search from the forum earlier some ppl say cant but need to mod, but they didnt say need to mod what to get the mivec head to fit to the 4g15 block. Oh by the way, my 4g15t was sharing the same head gasket with waja 4g18p.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience