Proton Putra 1.8 Turbo Conversion

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
my place far2 away frm you all..west m'sia sabah..hehe..
nope its only for the h/cut..damn siot..w/manship + wiring + endosrment = take another 2 - 2.5k

koreng

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Sorry for the long silence, after many sleepless night, ive been thinking, to go for na mods just like our 2 members said. is it safe to play around with OEM engine? overheating perhaps? might need to take your number for advice. .Very helpful of you guys for the replies. .Many thanks. Then again, whats the true cost of modding the OEM engine? High cams? hmmm sounds interesting. .have u heard of BHP Racing tuning?

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
If you are looking to build a monster... Force Induction is a better way.. and any mods n tweaks later on wont cost u a bomb... playing NA is tough... u spend more for little horses increase... even to reach 180 Whp is hard enough to tune for reliability for daily use.... if you ask me is it better to mod your current engine.. or to mod a used n u dont even kknow what the engine ur buying have gone through or the problems.. my answer would be mod the current 93P engine of yours... the C99 series would be the best engine from protons for modifications.. if you are looking high figures of hp... u hv to save up n go straight to internal modding... pnp.. pistons,cams,clutch,intake,extractor,trottle body + piggy backs...

koreng

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
I see. . Thanks again for d replies. Sigh Confusion. Lemme think it over the weekend again. hehe. Hence, Thanks for d advices guys, Somehow will help on spending my budget wisely. .Many thanks

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
Go for NA bro!!! NA Rocks!!
go for highcam 272 or 288, gsr manifold, t.body mivec/evo/perdana, 4-2-1 extractor (cusco design), P&P head, Hi-com piston, Metal Gasket, Piggyback (safc2,emanage,afcneo), dont forget to buy toyota FICD to stable ur idling when ur aircond is ON!! Happy mod!!!

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Yeah engine conversion will set you about 12k+ with parts changed.Who says stock engine will overheat and stuff.If you do too many modifications of course the engine will give you problems.I was driving a putra with stock gsr and it served me well for 2 and a half years till i sold it recently.Maintenance is the same with NA and you still can whack it every single day and even for long distance.

4G93NAPower

Known Member
Nov 23, 2008
Penang
4G93 with head PnP and race cam with a stock block can get around 150whp

This is what you need
Fuel Regulator
255lph Walbro Fuel Pump
Adjustable Cam Gear
Oversize Throttle Body
GSR Manifold
4-2-1 Header
Race Cam
PnP
Metal Head Gasket
Racing Clutch
E-manage Blue
This is more than enough for you to play but you need to spend around RM7,000-RM10,000 for that depends what kind of stuff you getting la

Last edited:

MadCow76

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hi bro...go for na is a much better choice, less stress.

I'm also running a 4g93p in my wira aeroback. did some work on it and it feels real good.

Here's what you need to reconsider. Your putra engine is also quite old, right? How about you overhaul the engine just to make sure the engine has got a better health to cope with the mods that you want to do. At the same time while the engine is already out of the engine bay, could get the shop to balance the engine, pnp and skim the head a little if possible.

From there, you can add on all the other necessary stuff like:
4-2-1 extractor (powerzone ones are quite good), coupled with a reasonable 2" piping and muffler.
larger throttle body
K&N open port air filter
e-manage blue

Then if you have more budget, go for race cams, high comp/forged pistons. Surely nice one.

Happy modding then...cheers

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
hurmms..... i tot nowadays can get 4g63T + installation round rm8k. Also 4g67 block comes together in the package for endorsement purposes? wouldn't dat be a better deal instead of n/a? :hmmmm:

Last edited:

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
if u luv n/a,stay wit ur engine,but get gud man to mod it,otherwise get evo if really wanna play wit turbo...
or if just want to feel turbo,bolt on oso can,5-6k shud b enuf to reach 1.5bar...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Please don't forget to upgrade your brakes. That's probably one of the first items I will look at to go hand in hand with power upgrades. I wouldn't trust a lot of the OEM stuff to handle an upgrade of performance, especially if it's Proton OEM.

Realistically, are you just going to dump the money onto engine mods and leave it at that ?

Pragmatically, you'll end up doing the brakes, the suspension, chassis, dis and dat......the expenses start to add up when you want a fast and safe car.

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
Yeah engine conversion will set you about 12k+ with parts changed.Who says stock engine will overheat and stuff.If you do too many modifications of course the engine will give you problems.I was driving a putra with stock gsr and it served me well for 2 and a half years till i sold it recently.Maintenance is the same with NA and you still can whack it every single day and even for long distance.
a very nice car u had!!!!!! i was about 8 hours late!!!!:banghead::banghead: my fren is stilling crying cause missing out on your putra!!!!!! lucky new owner!!!!!:driver::driver:

koreng

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Sorry for the late reply bros. .Thanks a lot for the inputs. . Im doing up the mods sumwhere in ampang, jalan ulu klang. .So far, i have spent RM3000 for the mods. .i will post the breakdowns of the parts. .SIGH. how i wish to try out turbo now. . !

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifus and otais..
I have one problem with my wira 1.5. I just change lower from ori to EVO 3 lower arm and ARB (Anti Roll Bar). The problem is when I make a turn, the ARB will hit my chasis. Then I cut the stabilizer link and I add another 0.5 inci of metal (batang besi) to make stabilizer link longer to be same as waja and the problem solved. My question are is there any stabilizer link that have 9.5 inchi lenght? Why I didn't use waja stabilizer link? Because the head not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience