Proton Preve website is up!!

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Sorry. Whatever proton it is, you cannot say it is better than corolla seg or toyotas in general. Let's just say japanese in general. Lazy to go into the details of why I say this. But let's face it. You know, I know, people knows. You can say proton is coming up, I agree, but better than toyota? Hmm...
but remember peeps. those toyota and honda are overrated now. nowdays car build quality are no better than the old days. just compare your SEG and VIOS. start from chasis, suspension to interior. i'm sure you will love your car much more. :smokin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
but remember peeps. those toyota and honda are overrated now. nowdays car build quality are no better than the old days. just compare your SEG and VIOS. start from chasis, suspension to interior. i'm sure you will love your car much more. :smokin:
Yeah this is true... The sad fact that all car manufacturers are after never ending cost reductions.

ae92 corolla

Known Member
Aug 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
wat Peeche said is true, look at most of new cars (including national, japanese and even some continental cars)... all have somekind of quality defects either mechanically or electronically..eg alot of vehicle recall by major manufacturers in past years....

In comparison between cars from 80's to 90's era and latest versions, old car are much more reliable and low maintenance (provided u do regular service).....

eg, im having proton saga BLM (family car) and toyota AE92 (daily use)... its good to drive around with my AE92, as its basic without much electronic assitance like the new cars....furthermore i just go for service, 3-4 months once...no problem at all...

Proton is also a good car... but the passion of driving is not there...

Ask any old timers or ppl from 80' to end of 90's era, they will go for old toyota and nissan. That's the best time to define what QUALITY of car is...

(im not disputing between proton and japanese car owners, just giving a piece of my mind on old cars)

emmbe_crew

Apr 8, 2009
when we talk about quality of a car
there r a lot of wear and tear parts
and depend on technology or safety features their use nowadays
its like to compare apple to orange
carbs to injection...:banghead:

if u malaysian...dont too proud to be japanese wannabe

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
when we talk about quality of a car
there r a lot of wear and tear parts
and depend on technology or safety features their use nowadays
its like to compare apple to orange
carbs to injection...:banghead:

if u malaysian...dont too proud to be japanese wannabe

technology is technology. but bad quality of paint does not related with safety features nor technology. eg : my sister's 2011 Honda City paint is badly chipped compared to my 6years old PV6. i can see with my bare eyes that the paint layer is very thin.

actually we should proud of proton coz now can develop it's own models. even the quality sometimes below expectation. we can see that it's improving from time to time.

and there's only 19 or 20 county in the world that produce car. we are one of them.! be proud and thankful coz we are better than those 170 county that can't even produce a car. :driver::driver:

intervener

Oct 18, 2008
The Preve specs are really attractive but if we compare it with Peugeot 308
Turbo (also 1.6) which gives 175hp and 240 Nm (also with low boost turbo) then the attractiveness found in Preve will not look attravtive.

In my humble opinion the Preve should be come 150hp and 220 Nm then it will make its driveability much more attractive especially when driving up to Genting. This will as least justify Proton's claim then the Preve is comparable with the performance of 2,000 cc Non Aspiration Engine. At least it will give Toyota Altis 2,000 cc with Dual VVT and 7 Speed CVT gearbox a good challenge (if i can remember corectly - the said Altis gave 145hp and 187Nm)

Another shortfall in Preve which I wish to comment is that the Preve with Campro engine is without CPS. Since the low boost turbo will kick in between 2,000 to 4,000 rpm and it will be great when the Preve was revved up to 5,000 rpm with activation of CPS to give some additional torque when overtaking vehicle. .

I hope Proton will consider adding the CPS into the xcurrent CFE engine and this does not mean that additional hp will cause more accident.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
The Preve specs are really attractive but if we compare it with Peugeot 308
Turbo (also 1.6) which gives 175hp and 240 Nm (also with low boost turbo) then the attractiveness found in Preve will not look attravtive.

In my humble opinion the Preve should be come 150hp and 220 Nm then it will make its driveability much more attractive especially when driving up to Genting. This will as least justify Proton's claim then the Preve is comparable with the performance of 2,000 cc Non Aspiration Engine. At least it will give Toyota Altis 2,000 cc with Dual VVT and 7 Speed CVT gearbox a good challenge (if i can remember corectly - the said Altis gave 145hp and 187Nm)

Another shortfall in Preve which I wish to comment is that the Preve with Campro engine is without CPS. Since the low boost turbo will kick in between 2,000 to 4,000 rpm and it will be great when the Preve was revved up to 5,000 rpm with activation of CPS to give some additional torque when overtaking vehicle. .

I hope Proton will consider adding the CPS into the xcurrent CFE engine and this does not mean that additional hp will cause more accident.

well..CFE engine was already equipped with proton own vvt mechanism..thats why proton torque graph quite flat....but i've yet to see any manufacturer building vvt+cam phase profile changing mechanism in one engine.... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

does glow in the dark car plates JPJ compliant?? because many cars have it and i am thinking to put one
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience