Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008
wow! the stroker kit alone cost RM 1.5 - 2k. Really need to think twice + 2-3 time before buying.

I just wonder, if i saw one Waja, the waja caught fire, the whole car now just left the burnt engine+body, don't know the stroker kit can be taken out and used? If can , haha, maybe, I can have the set for < RM 200. :nurse: I will dismantle the engine myself. Very challenging, just don't know worth to do this or not.
Bro maybe you can come down to PG after this raya.You can discuss with the mechanic here.He qoute me rm1800 including workmanship because my engine is 4g13,i'm sure you can get less than that.Because you dont have to punch the engine no. which will cost you rm200+ and you also dont need to look for 4g15 block which is pretty expensive nowdays.Maybe you can do the knife edge cutting crankshaft & full balancing as well.:biggrin:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
it is not as cheap as u think.. once u start.. u will need to spend on other stuff like the top gasket kit, bottom gasket kit, all wear n tear parts, beltings, water pump, hoses. etc etc... which would easily touch rm4-5k...
yeap.... u need to prepare extra for reboring ur block... new conrods bearings... new piston rings... new crankshaft bearing and so on.... its more or less like full overhaul engine...

wow! the stroker kit alone cost RM 1.5 - 2k. Really need to think twice + 2-3 time before buying.

I just wonder, if i saw one Waja, the waja caught fire, the whole car now just left the burnt engine+body, don't know the stroker kit can be taken out and used? If can , haha, maybe, I can have the set for < RM 200. :nurse: I will dismantle the engine myself. Very challenging, just don't know worth to do this or not.
lolz... how often u see a burning waja 4g18 on the road??... if yes, will the owner allow u to pull the engine out??... and how would u bring it home??...

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Wow....nice info from you all....Selamat Hari Raya from me....ehehheheheh

Drive safely....and fastly...:biggrin:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
heheh... 2 days ago went back hometown... was cruising about 160kmh for more than 30minutes behind an Alphard without much problem n effort... hehehe...
yo brader, back in melaka adi??...

hmm... later go out also must becareful adi... lately many powerful cars come back melaka... cipan also in melaka for raya....

D-MAN_86

Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia/Johor
there is one more thing too, change ur flywheel to super touring , not 1.6 ar....., try to find 8.5inch... , is difficult to get la..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
y wud u want to put more load on the engine?

bigger = harder to spin

heavier = harder to spin

bigger but same weight as ori flywheel = still harder to spin

i could only see one case which would warrant the use of a larger flywheel; a heavily modded engine which needs a larger racing clutch to cope with its output...assuming u dont want to mod the ori flywheel to put a larger clutch for ur own reasons, durability ka etc. etc.

just my 2 sen

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
y wud u want to put more load on the engine?

bigger = harder to spin

heavier = harder to spin

bigger but same weight as ori flywheel = still harder to spin

i could only see one case which would warrant the use of a larger flywheel; a heavily modded engine which needs a larger racing clutch to cope with its output...assuming u dont want to mod the ori flywheel to put a larger clutch for ur own reasons, durability ka etc. etc.

just my 2 sen
erm.... sifoo... lets say gt 2 choice...

1) 1.3/1.5 exedy 3puck racing clutch (that rm550)... can use back ori flywheel dont need to mod....

2) 1.6 or 1.8 standard exedy clutch... include modding flywheel around rm3xx approaching rm400... but according to users, it will still lose grip when overheats... definitely better than standard 1.3 clutch lar....

which one to choose??... i got dilemma... :(

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
mana sifoo :P

if i were u, the option i would take is the first one, plus a little more: exedy 3 puck clutch for 4g15, and a slightly lightened and balanced flywheel...

OR get a slightly larger flywheel so u can use a larger 1.6 racing clutch...if u wanna use standard 1.6/1.8 clutch, like u sed, during enthusiastic driving it will lose grip, dun 4get it is still an oem clutch designed more for comfort than anything else, of kos still better than standard 1.3 clutch la

ur engine modded lots edi...no more standard

the 1.5 3 puck clutch is nice, pedal pressure is acceptable, and it bites...after 1-2 months of using it, with lots of enthusiastic driving, no slips at all, just that the initial 'juddering' upon take off, is less, not sure whether this is a sign of the clutch settling in or what :P

i like the idea of using back ori flywheel la, lighten a bit, engine more rev-happy...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Hi ,

May i interrupt? hehe

just want to ask... let say whenever im at low rpm during any gear, i will feel juddering in my engine bay.. is this a sign my clutch worn out? FIY my car is near 3 years old and reaching 100k soon..

is rm550 for 3 puck clutch include installation? how much for the oem including installation?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
mana sifoo :P

if i were u, the option i would take is the first one, plus a little more: exedy 3 puck clutch for 4g15, and a slightly lightened and balanced flywheel...

OR get a slightly larger flywheel so u can use a larger 1.6 racing clutch...if u wanna use standard 1.6/1.8 clutch, like u sed, during enthusiastic driving it will lose grip, dun 4get it is still an oem clutch designed more for comfort than anything else, of kos still better than standard 1.3 clutch la

ur engine modded lots edi...no more standard

the 1.5 3 puck clutch is nice, pedal pressure is acceptable, and it bites...after 1-2 months of using it, with lots of enthusiastic driving, no slips at all, just that the initial 'juddering' upon take off, is less, not sure whether this is a sign of the clutch settling in or what :P

i like the idea of using back ori flywheel la, lighten a bit, engine more rev-happy...
now my flywheel is slightly lightened already... my mech said my engine setup is for pickup due to lightened flywheel... datz why i having hard time touching 180kmh....

since my oem flywheel already done lightening, its better i get the exedy 3puck racing clutch, plug and play into my car??...

its tempting to use racing clutch.... but the price makes my decision more complicated...

Hi ,

May i interrupt? hehe

just want to ask... let say whenever im at low rpm during any gear, i will feel juddering in my engine bay.. is this a sign my clutch worn out? FIY my car is near 3 years old and reaching 100k soon..

is rm550 for 3 puck clutch include installation? how much for the oem including installation?
yes.... clutch should be replaced around 80,000km... around same time with ur timing belt... if u feel judder/vibration from ur clutch pedal during initial pickup, its a sign of slipping clutch....

rm550 is jz the price alone without installation... for installation prepare about rm100....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hii all....

Currently i'm using Michiba 4350K/55w (Super White) bulbs in my headlamp. However, izzit will damage the plastic cover and reflector of the headlamp (plastic type) for long term use??Hope someone can give advice. :angel_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience