Proper Drift group

KP61

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by MrNismo@Sep 13 2004, 07:11 PM
Haha funny la you Saint.

We are all drifters wannabe mah... all of us can't drift for sh!t we just talk big only. Perhaps you should teach us how. hehe.
Oh yes i agree with u MrNismo. All the wannabe will be someday. :lol:

Uras,

U r correct man, there should be a drift group or team to lead the way so that we (wannabe) may on par or better than Japanese drifters. :)

Zee,

Drift.com.my is a place to start, so lets get things started. When drifting becomes more popular, people who want to drift (hehehe...like me) will get a FR (old skool or new). So drift.com.my should organise more drifting(legal) evets(talk to AMF) :lol: I will support every step in the correct direction(hehehehe...but no money liao). :(

Keng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
so how r v goin 2 achieve it :unsure: ? need to educate ppl bout drifting ar ;) .....v don't need to poison em since initial D has done a veli veli good job in tat.... :rolleyes:

metalzone,

it doesn't seem tat dey're promoting FR drift here.....its more general & detail, as in the sport/art of DRIFTin' .....so i suppose it applies 2 all drifters wannabe :) ...guess, u & i can still hold on 2 our car..... :P

Saint

Sep 13, 2004
i think we habe to make it to the headline of the news like in TV3 news and those jejak NTV7 like they what they reports about Mat Rempit.The more they report,the more famous it will be,the more people will be in it.

MetalZone

Known Member
Mar 27, 2004
Ipoh/Semenyih
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Originally posted by Keng@Sep 13 2004, 10:53 PM
metalzone,

it doesn't seem tat dey're promoting FR drift here.....its more general & detail, as in the sport/art of DRIFTin' .....so i suppose it applies 2 all drifters wannabe :) ...guess, u & i can still hold on 2 our car..... :P
then that'll be good... we'll be an FF drifter's team lol...

lil_jk

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sumwhere near your house
www.initial-d.com
Ministry of Youth?
kekekekeke(*laughing in a sorrowful way*)

LyzardLaki

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
kl
Visit site
now got many drift group what...
wht if they all unite....

most of u i think got ur own group rite?
so, maybe held gathering for these drifter to getting
know each other, so next time, no problem to play drift around...

uras

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
just a major reminder ....for beginners pls if u wanna drift do it in a safe place ... huge car parks .. somewhere safe cos when drifting,mistakes are bound to happen,even more so when you're just learning,so don't try to be smart going around normal roads and pulling handbrakes and all,maybe it does impress some newbies,but to alot of us i think its a stupid thing to do,learn the proper way in a proper place ok .. i'm not trying to discourage anybody .. its a good skill to learn but always start safe ... no one can in the world can run before they learn how to walk ...

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
Yeah I think Lyzardlaki's idea is good. Maybe all the drift groups out there meet up and discuss about joint alliance. And have each district/area have another group that hang out 2gther?

WAKO'S

Jun 18, 2004
Woo..cool man..!
seems like is getting hot in DRFT..
maybe u guys can start telling HyperTune ppl..
to do just like wat the Taiwan SpecR do...a magazine wit a vcd..
n all the vcd is just about drift n drag n a bit of chicks too la aiyo.!
the 1st to start off..MR Zee & MR NISMO...drift all the way in anywher..
then suddenlly the fat man (MC) saw some one driftin over..
go there start interview him hehehe..!!
great idea??

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Originally posted by ZeE@Sep 13 2004, 08:53 PM
Hey all,

Like what Adian suggest, Great idea indeed.

But the main problem still with the cars available to Malaysians in malaysia.. Most are FWD cars and alot do drift with a FWD but that is just for fun, to get things to another level. We need to convert people that like to drift with FWD to RWD. Thats why i have the website. Thats the 1st purpose.. and also to reach furthur to all others in Malaysia to support drifting.

As i'm a web designer, thats what i can do best lol. Web stuff like forum and stuff..
We would need People Like Djan, Adian, & MK or others in the motoring industry that has a stronger say to promote this sport.

Lets make this happen!

Cheers
ZeE
i second zee's opinion...first things first...get a proper machine laa at least...u dun want to build a proper drift club where the majorities of the members are driving an FF car now do u....its going to be difficult for the club to gain any respect...instead...ppl will call the club a 'want to be' drifters club until the end of the world...u dun use a fork to eat soup...u use a spoon....all im saying here is...if u love drifting so much...try getting an FR car instead of sticking to ur normal mundane FF and trying to perform wat some of u might call 'drifting'...no offence...i too used to talk proudly on how my accord can tarik drifts at corners...up until one day i come to my senses and realise that an FF is just an FF...it was not meant to go sideways and it can never be the ultimate sideway machine...mebe for that few seconds of assdragging technique....drifting is about entering a corner with an angle of attack that looked awkward but still maintains full control of ur car and u r doing it with utter finesse...to simplify things...drift is not just about making ur car slings its rear out when taking a corner...and im sure zee and the rest of the FR drivers have share with us that u dun need an expensive FR machine to drifts...u can buy a simple KE70 and do a bit of rebuilding mebe change the engine..and a bit of lsd and off u go to the real world of drifting....like i said earlier...if ur love for drifting are strong and hardcore...then i think u shud seriously think about getting urself an FR machine....

Hope i didnt step on anyone's tail....i too would love to go drifts...mebe in the near future where i can join zee,adian,djan and the rest of the FR drifters...u can enjoy drifting a whole lot better if u are properly equipped...

Cheers :)

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
someone mentioned ministry of youth and sports?

heh... been there done that.

there are a lot of VETO power running la. very hard to get thru unless u got very strong connections.

personally, i think we all have our own groups, rite? So, just stick together la and have fun. if someone else can drift better, so what... let them drift la. it's all good.

err.. i osso sokong MK (Maya Karin) as leader. hehe.. don't mind hitting her (car) sideways. hehehe.. :P

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
If everyone doesn't mind, could we keep this discussion to constructive comments? Thanks..

Stuff like promoting the sport and getting recognition are all secondary. What is most important at the moment is TO BAND TOGETHER so that if someone like MK wants to organise a Drift Day at Sepang or Zee wants to book out a carpark somewhere, it won't be just 6-7 ppl responding. That's why drifting can't grow unless we stick together and push our rights so that we can be allowed areas to drift in safety.

Yeah so we at R3 have been able to organise some SSO events, but face it: lately we have been busy with other deliverables and we have not been able to organise an SSO. There must be an organisation that can organise drifting events/competitions other than R3.

I agree with Lyzardlaki. It's the first step. Get the local drifitng heavies together and then we should create an online register, and then move on from there. Zee, could we tumpang on drift.com.my to create a members register? Registration will be physical, but perhaps you could update the page as new members join.

Not to be discriminatory, but the drift group should be limited to:

1) Members that drive MR and FR cars, as they are the more suitable platforms for drifting. Of course that doesn't mean FF cars can't be members, but if you can't out-drift me in an FF car then you're not at that level yet. We need to face the facts here. And please no arguments on this for now.

2) People that are committed to drifting or learning how to drift, not just joining the drifting group because it's "Cool!". It's to do with personality and the image of the group.

From here, we can start banding together and instilling some discipline, and plough ahead and drift in safety and without attracting the wrong attention for the wrong reasons.

Saint

Sep 13, 2004
i think we habe to make it to the headline of the news like in TV3 news and those jejak NTV7 like they what they reports about Mat Rempit.The more they report,the more famous it will be,the more people will be in it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello zth bros, anybody using Code Alarm model 6552 here care to share their experiences?..Plan to install this to my car but as far as i know this brand is not as popular as Clifford/Viper/Steelmate/Crimefighter..I used to install EasyCar alarm to car my and it had this stupid problem such as lock and unlocking by itself even though it's been locked before i leave the car!..I'm still considering the Viper Responder 350 or the Code Alarm 6552, price wise viper is a couple of hundreds...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience