Projector Retrofitting - H4 to D2s wiring

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Guys...i'm starting my projector retrofit project and would like to ask if anybody has done the wiring before? as u all know, H4 works by turning off the low beam light when hi beam is switched on. this wont work with a normal D2s bixenon projector since the low beam stays on when hi beam is switched on(magnetic servo moves the shield to allow more light thru)

how do i get the low beam to stay on when i turn on the hi beam? is the wiring diagram i attached usable? can i wire both low and hi beam to the ballast/bulb? will this affect the balast since when u flash, both the low and hi beam(H4) circuits turn on at the same time. (signified by the blue jumper cable)

regard the d2s bulb as the +(ve) and (-)ve of the ballast...i drew it a little wrongly heheheh

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
your wiring diagram very messy... can please draw properly first? think about your circuit.
why not just cut the wires before the H4 socket n connect directly to your D2S wiring?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Jeyadev...if u see the diagram...no difference if cut the wire b4 socket or not. hi-lo n ground still end up same place. is just so u guys know which wire i plan to connect where. of cos la messy...handdrawn. as long as get the meaning enuff la. just talked to a few EE here. they said if merge the lo and hi beam and when flashing it will combine to generate 24V instead of standard 12V for single circuit...ballast will blow from over voltage. suggested to use 6 legged relay. anybody can support this?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
arturo...

6leg relay seems like a good solution....find the relay at electronic shop...(don't go to accessories shop) :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My mom just recently purchased an Avanza and wanted to do V-kool tinting for it. My question is-

- Is v-kool the best tinting in Malaysia? Other suggestions?

- Where can I do it somewhere in Cheras/KL by authorised installers?

- How much will it cost to so full tinting?

Thanks for your feedbacks....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience