Problems with vibration!

Jun 7, 2006
My FTO vibrates after I changed my springs to Eibach! Need help please!

Hi there.....I'm new here. I got a question, but, before that, please allow me to explain prior to the question.

I just changed my original springs on my FTO to the Eibach springs (two Saturdays ago to be exact). From then on, my car vibrates whenever the speedometer reached between 30km/h to 50km/h.

Therefore, I sent my FTO back to where I installed the Eibachs. The workshop claim that the problem lies in my drive shaft. So, I took it to another mechanic to have it checked. He replaced the drive shaft but there was no problem, so I put my original drive shaft back on. So I took is back to the tyre shop and replace the Eibachs with my originals, and the problem was gone.

My question is: What could be the cause of this problem?

Last edited:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
when u accelerate..the sound goes faster and faster..it would be ur driveshaft.
but if the vibration is at a constant "tone" then it could not be the driveshaft..
but anyway..it could be ur bearings..check them out.

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
You changed the springs only right, replacing the standards spring fixing to your standard abs ? if the eibach shorter(sports type) ?
if this the case than you need a short stroke abs to match your springs.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I drive a Daihatsu G100 Aura.

Here's the problem:
My engine idling without the air con is 1000. That's fine with me. But when I turn on the air con, it shoots up to 1300!

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience