Preve~Drive it to Believe it...

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
What the hell ?
do you notice the front bumper didnt even get a scratch ??? then the wheel just dislocated like that ?
It is quite clear cut case that the classic got problem leh...
Just like above saying.. the divider not even like 1 feet of what...

This is going to be a very very bad negative news for proton... ( or maybe it is just the turbo boosted too high...haha:thefinger::thefinger: )

**** FOR PROTON TO PROVE NEW PREVE IS FINE - 2 WHEEL STUN PLS ****:thefinger::thefinger::stupid::stupid::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
What the hell ?
do you notice the front bumper didnt even get a scratch ??? then the wheel just dislocated like that ?
It is quite clear cut case that the classic got problem leh...
Just like above saying.. the divider not even like 1 feet of what...

This is going to be a very very bad negative news for proton... ( or maybe it is just the turbo boosted too high...haha:thefinger::thefinger: )

**** FOR PROTON TO PROVE NEW PREVE IS FINE - 2 WHEEL STUN PLS ****:thefinger::thefinger::stupid::stupid::rofl::rofl:
Preve ground clearance is quite high. It's very possible that only the lower/underside of the bumper came into direct contact with the divider while the wheel/suspension took full impact from the collision. Hence, the bumper stays intact.

Also, from the low resolution pic, how can you be sure there's not even a scratch on the bumper?

Nobody knows what really happened, but one thing is for sure. If the car in the pic was a Forte or a Civic, all the comments posted here would be very different.

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
Preve ground clearance is quite high. It's very possible that only the lower/underside of the bumper came into direct contact with the divider while the wheel/suspension took full impact from the collision. Hence, the bumper stays intact.

Also, from the low resolution pic, how can you be sure there's not even a scratch on the bumper?

Nobody knows what really happened, but one thing is for sure. If the car in the pic was a Forte or a Civic, all the comments posted here would be very different.
pls... malaysians are not kind to kia either...

ghohz

Known Member
Nov 13, 2008
I had tets drive pereve myself yesterday..floor pedal..highest rpm i can get with..so far..thums up!
plis dont compare preve with other jdm cars..

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
maybe the wheel hit the divider during turn mean the wheel was not straight...in that case of course the car cant jump the divider because of the wheel angle during the collision...for easy to understand the rim hit the divider not the tire...if the car go straight of course the car can jump the barrier...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
must be very powderful the engine....until cannot control the car. heheh

I never believe a car can lost control. ONLY driver lost control of the car, and accident happens.

The car cannot drive itself, not like Knight Rider.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
SO it's accident.. thought it falls off like that when they first posted in FB last Friday.. makes me scared to test drive the car last weekend.. Anyway it has been clarified as accident.. i guess no matter what car if it hits the divider in that kind of speed with under that circumstances, the front wheel will also come out.. dun believe take your car and try.. haha.. just kidding.. So i believe this is accident, but as for the spot weld thingy.. how true is that? Is all the preve like that? Guess all have to go to the showroom and have a look to verify it..

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
test drove last weekend, not very impressive other than then gadgets on the car, engine a bit too loud and not very smooth. Other than that, price and overall package is good.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
the welding i did check with the SA, they said they dunno how to comment cos they are not allowed to remove the door trim and look inside...cos they only had 1 unit show car....but i think we better wait n see what Proton has to say bout that...cos bout the accident, they did a very clear explanation on it, clearing the doubt that the wheel suddenly came off....but at speed 120km/h, lorry wheel also can fly off..:)

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
yeah, all showrooms only have 1 show car. welding part likely done by the robots

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
the welding i did check with the SA, they said they dunno how to comment cos they are not allowed to remove the door trim and look inside...cos they only had 1 unit show car....but i think we better wait n see what Proton has to say bout that...cos bout the accident, they did a very clear explanation on it, clearing the doubt that the wheel suddenly came off....but at speed 120km/h, lorry wheel also can fly off..:)
Amazingly when the pic of the Preve with damaged suspension appeared on the net, suddenly we have so many chassis design engineers commented about weak suspension arm design lah, poor manufacturing lah, bad QC etc etc, just by analyzing that grainy photo... :biggrin:

I think the welding job could be better, but even my Honda has poor welding job also. I'll post pics later and let you all judge.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Anyone has any idea how the insurance coverage is going to be if we do a auto->manual or manual->auto conversion to the transmission?

My auto box is giving me a headache so I was thinking of a replacement with a manual gearbox.
I know the re-sell value is going to be bad if I do that but my major concern is insurance.
The insurance policy stated chasis and engine number but I didn't find gearbox number on it. :hmmmm:
Anyone has this kind of experience before?
Please share...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience