Pls Help...BOV Problem...

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Hi Sifu's,
im currently hving a problem with my BOV...This problem started when ive change my piping kits to aluminium type.(Intake to Air Filter to Turbo,Etc)....Idling ok but whenever i Rev my car the RPM will drop drastically and the engine eventually off...Ive tried to take other BOV to put on my car but the problem still arise.

After ive take out the BOV and direct connect the BOV chamber to the Air Filter chamber everything goes superbly well....

Have been trying to diagnose this little problem but still cant...Ive also change the throttle body.

Would truly appreciate if there is someone who can advise me on this problem.

Million Thank you.

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
check your piping, there might be some leakage, last time i faced this similar problem.... End up, i found that the diaphragm of my bov was leaking... at idle .. everything was fine.. once i rev, the car revs by itself uncontrollably until the engine dies off... hope this helps... cheers :smokin:

heterodyne

Known Member
Jul 2, 2007
what bov are you using?

if its atmo venting, the air it vents out from the bov will interfere with your afm(access air detected, making the ecu confuse) hence the car shut down. This is the most common problem and it should be your problem since you said when you take out bov its okay.

you got a few choices:

1)seperate your afm from the rest of the piping with a shield box or something.
2)put the bov further away from your afm
3)put a plumb back bov(instead of atmo venting ones like HKS SSQV)
4)disable afm using aftermarket sensor.

hope that helps

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Thank you Sifu i'll try that immediately....FYI,ive check all my pipings, hose, intercooler, etc no leaking were detected...

I'll try Heterodyne advise...:adore::adore:

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
Or simply have the BOV on a tighter setting. So at low RPM the BOV won't open. But best thing to do is to get a BPV instead, no fancy sounds but good for your AF. :-)

use stock :P ... but i had good experience with the SSQV its AF friendly :-) but that was on a 3S not an RB.

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
i would suggest you just use the original bov instead, aftermarket bov are completely useless if you have minimal mods or no mods at all.Do the steps as told, high probability it is the bov as that is the most common problem plaguing the R33.

cheers.

S

semperfi

i would suggest you just use the original bov instead, aftermarket bov are completely useless if you have minimal mods or no mods at all.Do the steps as told, high probability it is the bov as that is the most common problem plaguing the R33.

cheers.
Ditto!

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
Hi Sifu's,
im currently hving a problem with my BOV...This problem started when ive change my piping kits to aluminium type.(Intake to Air Filter to Turbo,Etc)....Idling ok but whenever i Rev my car the RPM will drop drastically and the engine eventually off...Ive tried to take other BOV to put on my car but the problem still arise.

After ive take out the BOV and direct connect the BOV chamber to the Air Filter chamber everything goes superbly well....

Have been trying to diagnose this little problem but still cant...Ive also change the throttle body.

Would truly appreciate if there is someone who can advise me on this problem.

Million Thank you.
i thinks u should buy a set hks EIDS ..to plug in the ecu..cos lot of mits car..after u add a bov will having this kind of problem ....that not a big problem..if u already service the throttle body..but still the same..u have to use EIDS electronic iddle stabilizer..u can check from HKS..cheers...

S

semperfi

There are no sifus here dude. Everyone's trying to help. And different people have different perspectives and ideas. You just have to figure out yourself on what you wanna do and gather intel as much as you can. :itsme:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
At least he willing to use that term and "thanks" those who help him out...better then that "person" after getting what he want, just leave here without any words at all...:mad: :mad: :mad: am I correct to say that Semperfi?!?!

S

semperfi

At least he willing to use that term and "thanks" those who help him out...better then that "person" after getting what he want, just leave here without any words at all...:mad: :mad: :mad: am I correct to say that Semperfi?!?!
Yup... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

here i want to tell all ZTH forumers a story about my car being scratched by some farking bastard..

here goes lah..

about a month ago.. i parked my car at the curb side in front of my gf's house since her hse car porch can fit 2 cars only[her mom's car & sis' car].. next morning my alarm went off i dunno why maybe got probs with the wiring or sum sort..i didnt realize this becos was asleep until the next door neighbor angrily repeatedly ringing the door bell.. so i came down went to my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience