Plan to get used Satria SE. What to take note?

kkchai

Nov 30, 2007
Hi everyone...

I am planning to get an used Satria SE since fit into budget <25k.

Any precaution or what to take note when looking at this used Proton car? Engine? Electronic? Interrior? Exterior?

Hope you all with experience could advise me as I don't want to get into financial meltdown because of used car...

Thanks in advance....

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
dont get wira se... get the older wira before year 2000 with mmc ecu....
he meant satria bro.. hehe. all satria se's are equiped with the amazing, ever so awesome SIEMENS ecu.

and yeah, i think what gt_auto said is most important. check whether the car has been into a serious accident or not. cuz if it has, u will face some really annoying, unsolvable sounds, weird allignment issues... and it doesnt stop there.. good luck.

kkchai

Nov 30, 2007
dont get wira se... get the older wira before year 2000 with mmc ecu....

Thanks for the advice.

Is Wira SE and Satria SE share same Siemen ECU? So advisable not to get Satria SE?

By the way, is the Siemen ECU bad? Like to understand why you don't recon it,,,

kkchai

Nov 30, 2007
What are common failures in this Proton car?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

Is Wira SE and Satria SE share same Siemen ECU? So advisable not to get Satria SE?

By the way, is the Siemen ECU bad? Like to understand why you don't recon it,,,
normal usage ok... no difference...
the difference is when u start to upgrade ur engine.... especially going for larger displacement, larger throttle body and larger injector.... u cannot use piggyback ecu such as safc and so on....

What are common failures in this Proton car?
power window motor...

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
try to make sure the car is as stock condition as possible. Look down on below the steering column... try to make sure the wirings are not messy. If not, next time need waste time to re-wire the wires neatly again.

Make sure everything/switches are working on the dashboard. The look at the engine compartment if there is any non-stock parts changed. This point can request for more nego hehe. And lastly like other forummers mentioned, look at the car condition/accidents/rustings.

If would be great if seller could provide records of previous services/repairs done.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

currently think of stroke up my evo 4 4g63 engine with 4g64 2.4L grandis block, but my mech ask me to hold on,wait for confirmation until people prove that the block can be use, my mech told me , he suspect that the starter position is different from 4g63,4g63 is at btm part of the block, but 4g64 starter position is near middle, if just put in the block will resulting in starter being block and heat up by the turbo.... any evo sifu had done this successful?i know evo 1-3 can but how about 4...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience