Place to repair rims

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
What to ask about my rims, if they skim it will be thinner right? can they repair my rims to make it balance, nice as before and without skimming it too much? too thin will be dangerous .. went and ask a workshop they told me even after repairing + respray my rims it wont look as good as before and will be thin .. anyone know about this? :unsure:

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
dude..repairing is better den skimming..repairing they will oni knock back the original shape of ur rims..it will looks good if small dent but if big dent den there is possibilities the rims wont look good as newly bought..anyway do not skim ur rims..unlike engine , we wont knock wif sumthin hard evryday to the engine , but rims passing by those big potholes or big stones..it will dent or crack even worse becus it is thinner and the hardness of the rims will be reduced..

i wuld recommend u to LS to do the job..nice boss and price is quite reasonable for sunway area shop..as u know they need to earn for their rental oso ..haha..im not helping to promote but thats the place wuld choose if i face any rims prob..
good luck ..

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
If I want them to repair 1 piece only how much? less than RM 50? if repair + spray 2 piece? RM 100?

repair = knock

Yea, thats why I planning to get used rims if the result after skimming is too thin ..

LS? is it the one just directly opposite CYF spray shop? opposite is also another spray shop .. quite big shop. Is that the one?

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
Originally posted by simplythebest@Jul 23 2004, 12:40 AM
If I want them to repair 1 piece only how much? less than RM 50? if repair + spray 2 piece? RM 100?

repair = knock

Yea, thats why I planning to get used rims if the result after skimming is too thin ..

LS? is it the one just directly opposite CYF spray shop? opposite is also another spray shop .. quite big shop. Is that the one?
repair duno how much ..it depends to how big is ur dent and stuff lidat..it culd be more den RM 50..
spray oso depending on wht colour u want..if those normal paint den cheaper den RM 50/each ..but if u want those 2k paint like those u sprayed on the car..that wuld be more den Rm 50/each..

LS is located at the old best feel shop..u know Esso station close down oredi..it is inside dat row..if u know wher is old best feel b4 shifting ,dats the LS wheel shop located..

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Oh yes I know where is it .. but if I tell them not to skim my rims .. after knocking they will use sand paper right? to make the surface smooth .. will post a pic of my rim here tomolo .. then I let you judge. :unsure:

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
One of my rim I request for a repair. Repair cost me RM 60, and respray whole rims RM 240 .. Total RM 300. Paint quality is not those ordinary RM 5 spray can. Is a mixture with hardened 'something' not sure, didn't bother to ask that much, but there is a sample for me to see and touch. So I'm happy about it. :D Good hand work, i was there the whole day seeing the workers repair/wash my rims. Good workmanship. B)

prophecy316

Known Member
Apr 20, 2004
call andy at 0123826348,.... he will solve your problem on the spot... fix not paint

cheers :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It has been reported before that Nissan is working on both a club racer and a V-spec version of the GT-R but we never really knew whether they were different models or the same with different names till now. Something like the Porsche GT3 and the GT3-RS, the two zilla's are both very different beasts and that the V-Spec variant will be similar to previous versions. A 220-pound weight reduction...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience