Pioneer deh-p80rs2 eq & crossover setting

[email protected]

Sep 26, 2008
IM ABIT NEW IN AUDIO. MY SETTING IS

HU: PIONEER DEH-P80RS2
SPEAKER: DLS MS 5 + DLS ur 2.5 WITH COSTUM CROSSOVER
SUBWOOFER: INFINITY 12"
AMP: EPSILON 75.2 (FRONT), mTX THUNDER 2300 D (SUBWOOFER)

Just want anybody how that can give me the guide for eq setting. this system sound abit harsh.
how i going to set the midrange and tweeter angle. where it suppose to aim. :adore:

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
start by aiming ur tweets to the center of ur rearview mirror. Then slowly adjust from there.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Get a measuring tape and start measuring the least path length difference between the 2 speakers and the centre of the driver seat. From there adjust placement to increase staging.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
aim wherever it sounds best la, buy a pack of Blu-Tac from bookshop and play around twith different angles and positions for a few weeks until u get your best position, then only do the A-pillars.

eq setting for harsh maybe u can tone down somewhere around 2000-3000hz area..

[email protected]

Sep 26, 2008
thanks fo all the reply. Sorry late reply. my father in law just past away on last thursday. so for now i just a custom welded clip and place both tweeter and midrange on the a-pillar. the right side aim at my left ear and the left side aim at my right ear. that according to my friend that install and recommend all the part i bought. last time used the alpine 9884 with the pxa-h100. then he recomend me to used pioneer. indeed it was the best thing that i do. but for the eq setting he said wait till the player is fully run and the capacitor is charge. for the a-pillar the is many diy guide. but i don have the talent to to the thing. by the way im not an artis like that can carve or do thing that need for an a-pillar. i have ask around and some shop in pj qoute for rm700 to do the a-pillar. is that a right cost for the jobs.

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
thanks fo all the reply. Sorry late reply. my father in law just past away on last thursday. so for now i just a custom welded clip and place both tweeter and midrange on the a-pillar. the right side aim at my left ear and the left side aim at my right ear. that according to my friend that install and recommend all the part i bought. last time used the alpine 9884 with the pxa-h100. then he recomend me to used pioneer. indeed it was the best thing that i do. but for the eq setting he said wait till the player is fully run and the capacitor is charge. for the a-pillar the is many diy guide. but i don have the talent to to the thing. by the way im not an artis like that can carve or do thing that need for an a-pillar. i have ask around and some shop in pj qoute for rm700 to do the a-pillar. is that a right cost for the jobs.
try to ask jensen to do for u... if not mistaken not more then RM200...

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
craziechild has a pair of sharp eyes. Yes, those DLS UR 2.5 are midrange. In case u misquote, are those 'tweeter' 3 inch or those small small 1 inch speakers? 3 inch=midrange & 1 inch=tweeter.
RM700 is very expensive for tweeter a-pillar... unless u are doing 3 way ie tweeter + midrange they are reasonable price.

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
You can get a pair of A-pillars done at CV for less than RM400.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
for A pillar try visit a few shops like

CV kuchai lama
KKLau SS3
KF Audio Aman Suria
GP Audio IMbi
ACP SS2

just to name a few, and get your best price...

condolences to your family on your loss, alfatihah..

Last edited:

[email protected]

Sep 26, 2008
Thanks. just came back from penang and settle all the death registration and all the kenduri arwah. For the amplifier i set the epsilon 75.2 for highpass and the mtx thunder 2300 low pass. for now i set the hu lowpass at 63hz and the front highpass at 100hz and both slope at the 6db. im listen to mary black and chesky record for tuning. just according to my my ears. by the way my friend at D'audio (from kelantan) recomend me to change the epsilon to arc audio 4 channel. he said that my system will sound better. by the way im stay at sabak bernam. But all the local audio shop hear dont look like they know sq, they just like spl. thats why im asking you all question about audio and tuning. im actually just starting to play audio for 2 years. luckyly im got some friend here that share the same sq thing with me but just 2 or 3 people.:bawling:

Last edited:

[email protected]

Sep 26, 2008
im cal him rudi. just talk on phone. he the one who suggest all the installation and i get some used and new audio part from him. very nice guy. i know him trough a friend at sabak bernam. a good person with alot of knowledge. alway told me to go to kelantan and have my car audio tune by him. but dont have much time to go there at this time. last time when i go to kelantan its was so long hours of driving. just tune by my friend only quit satisfied compared to my old system. by the way my custom passive crossover also being made by rudi. im very impress with all the crossover part that he send to me it looks weird but it function well and nice sound. just install the pioneer for a few days. still learning how to used it. rudi still didnt send me the eq & hu setting.

Bump: the dls ms 5 come with 5.25 midbass and 28mm tweeter UP1c and the passive crossover. for now the tweeter and the midrange are put together at the a-pillar. the sentra has a weird dashboard. the meter panel are to big and the tweeter and midrange has been put higher about 10cm higher from the dashboard. now it look weird like a turbo timer or something. that why i worried that some body just breakin and take it away.

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
yesyes nik rudi... i seen his work art on ford tx3. nice finishing there.... hear alot of people said he is good tuner but never listen... jz read his piece of art on magazine and listen to people say... :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, my car windscreen I 'pandai-pandai' use some 'anti-water mark' solution to clean, now a bit misty already, but the other side and rear window now very shiny and smooth.

So problem only on my front windscreen, I would like to have a glossy finish, can I use autosol and polish it? Please advise, thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience