Piezoelectric material

ahhl

Feb 19, 2005
Visit site
Do anyone here knows where i can get piezoelectric material? Not piezoelectric component. i need to wrap around the fuel injector pipe so that i can get the signal of the injector?

or something similar

votech

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.votechperformance.com.my
i dun think can be easily available from jalan pasar or even farnell or RS. Remembered my uni mate got it from US during his final year for his thesis. He does some studies on these materials and it application. But can't remember its in what form as the sensor that he made was on a piece of metal sheet and i think he went over to sirim/mimos to borrow the lab.

ahhl

Feb 19, 2005
Visit site
well actually i wanted to do rpm sensor without modifying my car. using piezoelectric materiall ( something that we use for our cigarette lighter ) but that using crystal.

if not easy to get means too expensive already the project.

or i have to think of a way using the available piezoelectric component to wrap around the injector pipe.

any help?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
oh ... is it some sort of sensor to sense signal in a electrical wire??

rpm meter? hmm... mayb u can get something to sense the plug cable... u sense 1 cable enough.. 1 signal means 1 spark... means 1 RPM... easier dat way?

i remember my dad got a stroboscope to tune de car timing... got a sensor to clamp at de plug cable to get signal... but i duno wat sensor is dat... no wire connections... just clamp on.. loose loose somemore...

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
no sparkplug...diesel car kua

ahhl

Feb 19, 2005
Visit site
yeah...:D :D :D :D :D :D anyway anyclue how to get it?

Last edited:

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
R u trying to DIY a Shift Lamp? I thot there is already a product where u can plug into the cigarette lighter socket and it will read the engine rpm and the light will light up when the engine reaches a certain rpm.

ahhl

Feb 19, 2005
Visit site
about like that but i just want the rpm output without the shift lamp. but shift lamp is expensive

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, in the UK rhf4's are cheaper and easier to find than the td04 etc alot of you prefer, so I was looking for info on fitting an rhf4 to an L5 ... With that in mind I've a couple of questions for you:

1.Can an RHF4 (VF13) be fitted direct to an EF-RL or JB-JL?
If so what needs doing? new manifold? extra fuelling?

2. RHF3/4 Hybrid can someone tell me the best way to do this.
I would be looking at doing this myself and have a mate who can do a bit of machining.

Why do I ask...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience