Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Re: Photoes of engine internals

Found the pics

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006

its a b20b block with 86mm wiseco block with arp stud. combine with pro 3 will get 250+ atw with race fuel... :biggrin:
can easily tapau k24 inside EK... :rofl:
Put that 250+ atw motor to a lorry... how can you beat the K24 hahaha :rofl:

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl

Found the pics

its look like not putting coolant in the radiator and look dirty inside the block
the radiator should out as well

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006

Its been sitting out in my garage thats why its developed all those rust. I did use coolant but didn't help much with the rust even after heavy flushing last time. I drained the coolant after taking out the engine. The black soot is intentional apparently :rofl:

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl

just for sharing,my previos b16a
look like piston already out from the rod/wrist pin and the piston should hit the head

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007

look like piston already out from the rod/wrist pin and the piston should hit the head

sir loo,

broken rod, piston still there but valve bend..... :banghead:
block, i think 2 holes
oil pan, 1 hole

COMPLETELY RIP...
the worst thing,my car almost caught in fire.....
luckly i have 24 btls of 1.5L coke.....
saved my ef :biggrin:

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007

wow...
valve touching the piston :wavey:
valve broken...
little piece of scraped valve stick on the cylinder head ...
even on the other piston.....
RIP 100% :smokin:

Last edited:

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
It's almost always that the no.3 piston gets the beating the most... why is that??

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006

Can't see the pitting but i'm sure when you were burning oil, it can cause some detonation. How bout those flaky white stuffs i see on the piston? Are those sand? or are those just light reflections? coz initially i thought some sand or debris went into your motor coz you weren't running a filter on..

added: I envy this motor, the sleeves on the coolant passage are free of rust and damn clean. Look at mine hahaha... how do you clean it from rust anyway? any quick way?
The pitting is on the carbon itself, you can see that at some points, they were becoming a little 'shiney' ha ha. that's the white spots you mentioned, reflections of those shiney parts from the light.

As for the coolant passages
I didn't clean it. I just flushed it pretty often, once a year. I did wash it before I installed in into the engine, but the brownish stain was still there. Kinda good to see that regular flushing did help clean it somewhat.

My conconction for my coolant, filtered RO water with Motul Inugel coolant... :stupid:

The reason for it is because the contaminants in tap water, it's just something my friend recommended I do, and I've been doing it since. Guess it was a good tip.

About the piston damage
Strange, for me, mostly I see piston 1 taking the beating, not the third.

Perhaps it's due to the sequence how the valve lash was done? :confused: ha ha.
Perhaps one valve lash was looser than the others :P

Seriously, those valve lash measurement can really go out of whack after a while, but it seems no one else cares about it.

AFAIK, honda recommends it being done once in a while in their workshop manual (forgot the mileage they mentioned)

Then there's also loose valve guides, which causes the valves to rock at high rpm, heating the guide, and seizing the valves. Have anyone checked your valve guides for roundness and it being not more than 5mm wide?

Supposed to measure cam and pieces that hold the cam for clearances too, should be less than 1mm wear from stock (forgot stock measurement w/o looking at manual, don't really need to remember though, just remember the plastigage isn't suppose to be extremely wide after you torque the pieces that hold the cam.

I'm amazed how ppl can get away with such things without measuring when building high hp engines :P

But some of the pictures, well, most of them seems to be valve to piston contact, except for that B20B SFL posted, which looks like pre-ignition, because it appears that the hole made was slightly melted, at least to me.

Last edited:

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007

But some of the pictures, well, most of them seems to be valve to piston contact, except for that B20B SFL posted, which looks like pre-ignition, because it appears that the hole made was slightly melted, at least to me.
YAYAYA....
he is running only with b16a injectors.....
melted piston & broken valves...
running too too lean,i guess.....
my mech ask him to get a management or atleast bigger injectors, but he wack the engine.....

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
I can't really tell whether its pre-ignition that caused it. As the SFL stated, valve broke and was floating around causing the damage but if coupled nicely with detonation, its one of the nicest looking holes by far that i've seen hehe.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How's the result :confused:

Since normal MIVECs all doing below 140hp on wheel, I wonder how fast can a RS go :p
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience