perodua-myvi-rear-axle-snapped

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Most likely the MyVI was not designed for hardcore driving...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
There are too many "maybe"s in this case to pass judgement. It's not a stock car and there has been quite a lot of mods done to that car. It could be anything from, sloppy installation of mods to a defective part somewhere.

Calz83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Ipoh/KL
Is not mod for drift lerr...!!!
If not mistaken the rear axle, suspension n etc is not mod to fit drifting guahhh..!!!
Maybe MyVi is for Drag instead of Drift lerr...!!!

Just my 2cent....!!!!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
>I am no automotive expert<

i had the liberty to see/inspect first hand.(close visual inspection after the incident).

as a fellow gymkhana auto enthusiast, my opinion> if I'm going to use semi slicks & a modified struts/coilcovers for my car ; I WILL look into adding ADDITIONAL lower member braces to strengthen the load & stress the car will be put into. thats me. semi slick can put in even higher loads into even the car's structural chassis over stock tyres (higher G's).

I think i have a fair idea where it buckled but i reserve my judgment to highlight the cause of the MYVI.

it could have happened to ANY car

Calz83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Ipoh/KL
Fluffy said:
it wasnt drifting. it was in the autocross.
Aii.... U have the point...!!!
But it might not designed for autocross as well guahhh....!!!!
What went wrong if everything from this Myvi is mod for autocross....??
Die ballz.....!!!:smile:

3R1C

'(00) Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2003
Kelate/Penang
3R1C-MY.Blogspot.com
I agree with that. Using Semi/Slick tires without further modification to strengten will just break the suspension and chasis easily. The amount of stress increased tremendously when using slick.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
that Myvi is mod for autocross lo... not our daily driven Myvi and look how the driver thrash the Myvi....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
can mod for autocross la... do some extra spotweld to the chassis... make it more rigid lar... anything also can do geh if u have the will...

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
koolspyda said:
it could have happened to ANY car
yup. even some audis have cracked their rear subframe when a stiff rear arb is installed. later found out they needed a strengthening bracket.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To fellow enthusiast out there, need some opinion on what is the most optimized engine performance i can get with a ~rm5k budget. My current ride is all stock, no mod done. As for the performance range, looking at increasing the low-mid rpm range. As of now, looking at either NA mod or supercharging (not sure if within budget though). Appreciate the feedback.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience