Perdana V6 Community Forum *

mhaziem_ke30

Known Member
Jul 10, 2006
hahahaha....4th gear cant be engaged after few miles ahead then suddenly (almost 5-6km) the 4th gear automatically dropped to 3rd and remain in 3rd. 80kms would be at 3.5-3.8 rpm..hahaha..makan minyak la kwn!
hi,
I'm driving a Perdana V6 too.
A while ago I've changed my auto gear box to a recond unit.
But it doesnt go more than 6000rpm, only once in a while it'll pass 6000rpm.
If I hold the gear level to 2, after 6000rpm, it'll still upshift to 3rd gear.
And after about 20kms distance of high revving, the gear wont change, I guess it only maintain at 3rd gear. After a complete stop (ie. at toll), it still maintain at 3rd gear, doesnt change to 1st gear.

Will be grateful for advice/info.
is it v6 gearbox or se gearbox? the code should be 232, if it is perdana se gb then it will be like that bro

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
bard 85..
is it v6 or sei engine? time to go halfcut hunting huh.....eterna tt la....

mk,
good for u bro...your gbox wat code? 2wd or 4wd locked?

Mine is 4wd Locked to 2 Wheel bro, dunno the code but the clutch is 9inch 1.

I was reading through all post.... last time v6tt halfcut only cost 3k-3.5k.... :( sigh :banghead::banghead::banghead:

knight_kriss

Nov 5, 2006
Hey Bro i'm using an eterna manual gearbox for my V6. So far i'm all praises for the gearbox. My Fc use to be 25-28 cents/km last time on auto ( Heav Foot) after manual its down to 20-22 cents now. On highways its even more chun.... can get 15cents/km. Besides that there is more power, more pickup, and there is no power loss from engine to wheel through torque converter, and it will also solve perdana's auto gearbox problem ONCE and for all.

Only Cons is..... Now u will wanna tekan more :) cuz manual is so much more syok.
kenot tahan ur poison bro.....huhu:burnout:

it is true perdana v6 loves to "makan minyak hitam" and need to top up it every week???

about the ABS problem, if it happen, what is the effect, can it be dangerous???

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ

it is true perdana v6 loves to "makan minyak hitam" and need to top up it every week???

Thats funny, never heard that a healthy 6A12 engine will makan minyak hitam before. I travel alot and i change my engine oil every 5000km ( 2 months ) , and it has always been fine. Actually any type of engine can makan minyak hitam if its having problems. Just do regular maintainance and ur Pv6 should purr perfectly.

ABS allows u to steer when ur brakes are locked ( front ) under hard braking conditions ie, sudden braking on wet roads. Many people thinks it is to shorten braking distance but it is not.

I dont mean to mislead u bro, but seldom do we really need ABS. Its good to have it, its just not a must. Can always learn to Pump the brakes manually and not jam it down :)

Though if u must get it fixed, get it fixed.

benjy brian

Jun 20, 2010
johor bahru
Hi! guys i'm newbie here, now i'm changing my engine v6 to 6a12tt still in workshop almost finish. just wanna check wit u guys does anybody hav a eterna wiper windscreen stock just wanna get one of those pm me if u had one. see u around guys.:cool:

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
bro yeah mine is manual GB and rm100 for 400km,mine kinda high as my specs are diffs :)

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

jj.v6 = enjin kosong u can get easily at any halfcut bro
y want to waste money at potong shop,,,if i can give it to u for half the price?or lesser than that?anyway i keep it as a spareparts...

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Hi! guys i'm newbie here, now i'm changing my engine v6 to 6a12tt still in workshop almost finish. just wanna check wit u guys does anybody hav a eterna wiper windscreen stock just wanna get one of those pm me if u had one. see u around guys.:cool:
that thing is hard to find in jb bro...there is a shop in port dickson selling all eterna items..got to know him thru mudah.com...he got most of tht at his store...try ur luck there bro...
anyway im frm jb too....

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

as stated by mkdreamervl,if ur car is well maintained it wont makan minyak...
regarding the abs,it depends on wat type of problem...is it ur abs totally malfunction?or just one of the 4 side?
if total failure,,than not much effect/danger..as long u break in time or have a gud brake system...
but the danger is only one side malfunction....than its really danger....
well im not using abs at all.been disabled..so far no problem...

mhaziem_ke30

Known Member
Jul 10, 2006
kengkawan,

looking for rvr driveshaft for 2 wheel auto gb, anybody can help me find? kind of hard to find in the net la..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
haha...sume tunggu gua ke beb?
aiya...can...no prob...kita minum PJS1 la rakesh...u ok x?

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

kengkawan,

looking for rvr driveshaft for 2 wheel auto gb, anybody can help me find? kind of hard to find in the net la..
u need to find the length of the DS, it could be same as pv6 n/a, or even wira.....
u gotta ask a few mechanics....if not, u could recond your DS, for about rm100 per btg.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After Singapore had poured their interest in starting a GP F1 track in Singapore, Malaysian government gave the green light to Mokhzani Mahathir, the chairman of the Sepang International Circuit to negotiate an extension of GP contract with Bernie Ecclestone until year of 2015.

By means of securing their investment, Mahatir reveal plans to upgrade the current track and set up a new automotive-related recreational park to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience