Perdana V6 Community Forum *

mhaziem_ke30

Known Member
Jul 10, 2006
ok, but where is the leaking? at the boot or from the power steering tank pipes?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

when your in kl, u straight away bring your car to ag motorsports aka lan eterna wshop in pdn indah.
ag motorsport? ermm bro this shop can do changing auto to manual tranmission? :burnout:

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
kanan,
both air filter is the same..just get the k&n for v6 can use for tt.already sold my drop-in

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Sifus,

i recently faced slight delay in shifting when just start engine in the morning, after like 15 mins, now more problem, but no jerks. is it an early sign of my gbox goin to go soon?
now half cut g/box how much ar? i'm frm jb.tq
bro jb price is on the high side...g/b manual v6tt around 1k...
if can tahan,,bring to kl..maybe bro danz can help u fix thr.im frm jb too...

puyukrl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2007
ok, but where is the leaking? at the boot or from the power steering tank pipes?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

when your in kl, u straight away bring your car to ag motorsports aka lan eterna wshop in pdn indah.
Bro,

I believe the leaking is from the boot as I saw the leaking was from there... If Kuching is near, I will definitely go to AG Motorsport... :( unfortunately "seberang laut"...

This afternoon, I went to another workshop that is quite famous in Kuching; V-Tech, the mechanic also said need to change the whole set of steering rack... Hopefully, I can find a good recond steering rack in KL this Fri-Sat...

knight_kriss

Nov 5, 2006
hi all

need some opinion here

i'm hunting for 2nd car with my budget around 25k-35k...so my choice is between waja and perdana....

i'm already aiming for perdana, but many people said go for waja coz perdana is a fuel guzzler and high maintenance....so to clear all my dilemma and confusion, i would like to know the risk and benefit owning a perdana from the owner himself.

so is it true:

perdana is a fuel guzzler?

how much maintenance cost of a perdana, service, sparepart and also yearly expenses such as roadtax and insurance?

can perdana going uphill frequently, as i'm living in cameron highlands and usually outstation to kuantan every week?

should i go for standard perdana or modded one, like TT or evo engine?

hope u all can enlighten me...thnx very much

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
knight kriss... auto perdana or waja naik bukit mesti makan minyak bro....

for me i rase waja not worth it....

perdana yes of course

perdana TT for highway
perdana evo for drag purpose but since u travel alot so perdana tt recommended

knight_kriss

Nov 5, 2006

perdana yes of course

perdana TT for highway
i know auto car car tend to eat more fuel...but i need to know how much compare to manual one...

if im using V6 but using manual gearbox..is it recommended??

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
i have never use an auto.. i shall let the rest to answer u

v6 with manual GB yes it is highly recommended

knight_kriss

Nov 5, 2006

perdana yes of course

perdana TT for highway
i have never use an auto.. i shall let the rest to answer u

v6 with manual GB yes it is highly recommended
ic....thnx for the xplaination

another question, how much maintenance cost of a perdana, service, sparepart and also yearly expenses such as roadtax and insurance?

and between standard V6 with evo/tt converted perdana...which is more practical for daily use..

L200s

Jul 25, 2004
guys...my GB blown few weeks back. 4th gear can't be engaged. Huhu..and definitely looking for manual GB..anyone selling here? Perdana v6 2004. mileage is 148k...huhu

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
4th gear cannot engaged?? we're in the same boat laa... mine 1st gear and 4th gear cannot engage...

L200s

Jul 25, 2004
hahahaha....4th gear cant be engaged after few miles ahead then suddenly (almost 5-6km) the 4th gear automatically dropped to 3rd and remain in 3rd. 80kms would be at 3.5-3.8 rpm..hahaha..makan minyak la kwn!

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
same with me, when engine cold, all gears are ok.. drive 10km and above.. gear automatically shift to 3rd... when that happened, 1st gear oso gone... but mine perdana sei auto laa.. yours v6 right.. manual gbox sure will cost u a lot...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
those using auto gbox...
the best is to change to manual, or either get another recond auto gbox rm1.5k + rm300 on labour, make sure there is a warranty on it, then pasang ATF cooler, if possible psg a fan in front of it, use toyota type 4 ATF.

kkawaii
not sure bro.....if your FC is high means its not working lo, other than that not sure, y not go for diagnostics.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Carefull...this is a conman, banking money than no reply n give lots of excuse, like Kena denggi Lah, masuk hospital Lah. Otw to poslaju Lah...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience