Perdana V6 Community Forum *

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
evo3 terus..last time convert manual about 4k, because of no kacuk and all e54/eterna stuff.

better yet,go buy with evo3 straight away, comes with goodies some more..no need BOT..

kimix

Mar 29, 2017
Klang/Selangor
Its all standard car....no modification

btw,...can a pv6 fit in wira 1.6 gearbox?....

I read in ths forum abt d manual gb r more expensif thn auto gb.....bt most of d time on othr car is d othr way round.....

I belief if auto convert manual....d respond wil b beta.....be it on fuel saving & power...

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I read in ths forum abt d manual gb r more expensif thn auto gb.....bt most of d time on othr car is d othr way round.....

I belief if auto convert manual....d respond wil b beta.....be it on fuel saving & power...
iinm, i've heard wira gbox can fit..kacuk here and there, mix and match, wont be as smooth as the eterna/original gbox...maybe other old timer can give better details.

pv6 has infamous gbox issue on auto, hence no value for auto gb thats why manual gb expensive..

respond will be better, less maintanence and fuel saving too,especially on highway..personal experience during working at penang last time, either way from 2nd bridge tol till damansara, avge 160 , 1.5 bar consume fuel tank. No jam/little to none traffic.:driver:

kimix

Mar 29, 2017
Klang/Selangor
iinm, i've heard wira gbox can fit..kacuk here and there, mix and match, wont be as smooth as the eterna/original gbox...maybe other old timer can give better details.

pv6 has infamous gbox issue on auto, hence no value for auto gb thats why manual gb expensive..

respond will be better, less maintanence and fuel saving too,especially on highway..personal experience during working at penang last time, either way from 2nd bridge tol till damansara, avge 160 , 1.5 bar consume fuel tank. No jam/little to none traffic.:driver:

Lets say I get a manual gb for pv6...does it needs2b inspected by JPJ or Puspakom...as in our registration card....it stated auto.

Manual gb coms wt hydraulic pump on clutch so whn we press/step on d cluth,it dun feels heavy or tight?.....

Read tht manual gb market price now is RM3k++....non include labor yet...

Is thr any othr manual gb pv6 can fix ?....

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Lets say I get a manual gb for pv6...does it needs2b inspected by JPJ or Puspakom...as in our registration card....it stated auto.

Manual gb coms wt hydraulic pump on clutch so whn we press/step on d cluth,it dun feels heavy or tight?.....

Nope, does not need to get it inspected. Just inform your insurance . As for registration card, mine still shows auto after convert to 4g63t manual. Soo, you can call them to double check.

yes hydraulic top/bottom. Nah, doesnt feel heavy/tight.

around that price. Since you're buying , why not look for one with manual transmission. :smokin:

its cheaper that way.

kimix

Mar 29, 2017
Klang/Selangor
Nope, does not need to get it inspected. Just inform your insurance . As for registration card, mine still shows auto after convert to 4g63t manual. Soo, you can call them to double check.

yes hydraulic top/bottom. Nah, doesnt feel heavy/tight.

around that price. Since you're buying , why not look for one with manual transmission. :smokin:

its cheaper that way.

True....bt nt many units of PV6 coms manual trans,.......

Does Mitsubishi FTO (6A12 24v 5sp) gearbox suits PV6?....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

u must know the codes

222/212 - from eterna 1.8 (common)
312 - 2wd (common) & 4wd eterna (rare) 2.0 n/a (
332 - 4wd eterna 2.0TT manual (rare) - have to lock to 2wd

spawn_net

Known Member
Jan 26, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I can recommend a good mech but not klang. USJ 1, Riz Garage.. He work is excellent! Reasonable price. He welcomes own parts as well. U can check his FB n insta. Zaid Riz Garage

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

u know... the fto's engine is the wrong way round right :thumpdown:

be it the mivec or nivec models, they are 'terbalik' the samw way evo 4-9 are 'terbalik' compared to 1-3

kimix

Mar 29, 2017
Klang/Selangor
Hi guys

Can I use Toyota ATF type 4 gearbox oil even there is no sign of gearbox issues.?...

Or should I stick back to Proton/Diaqueen ATF SP III?....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys

Can I use Toyota ATF type 4 gearbox oil even there is no sign of gearbox issues.?...

Or should I stick back to Proton/Diaqueen ATF SP III?....
Some already mention cannot use Toyota Type IV for SP III. Better stick to SP III

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Hi Guys & Pioneer of V6 community....
I m kimix fr Klang & new to this forum
I m planning to get a v6....js like to post some question to pioneer of v6 on the gearbox :-
1)A V6 autogearbox can last how long if it runs without oil cooler?
2)Heard that the gearbox is giving som issues like overheating & slipping..is the overheating causes it to slip?
3)Adding an ATF oil cooler will help to prolong the gearbox....is this means it can last very long time?
Thx
from friends and my own experience, the auto gbox clutch will start to wear out @ 150K km. some can lasts 200K km. after that for sure the clutch will habis. this will show in the form of jerking, gear change not smooth, gear change takes a while, gears not engange nicely (eg. drops from 4th gear to 3rd gear) and lastly ur gbox stuck at 3rd gear (crawl home mode). the remedy is just overhaul it cand change the clutch pack. the internals usually ok.

or if the auto gbox wont engage in any gear R,1,2,3,4 the car wont move, then most likely the torque converter kong. change the torque converter and all is well. haha

all the problems i have eperienced myself as an auto forever guy. haha..

my motto is Smart Men Need Only 2 Pedals
hahaha...

i would strongly recommend u to install ATF cooler (if the car dont already have it). and install it directly from gbox to ATF cooler, no need to go through/inside the radiator. install it just in front of the radiator fan. so the fan will continuously suck heat from the cooler.

hi All......
Just pay booking for PV6 year 2002, black metallic....
Wil do name transfer by next week.....
Tripmeter clocking 134,000km....& owner just changed gearbox 3 mths ago...
D car is at Putrajaya....
Tested d car this morning....power wise is good.....bt little consume petrol....
where in putrajaya?

can. change the bell housing and can fit. but the gear ratio not suitable.

Any good mechanic in repairing Perdana v6 in Klang,kindly recommend?
my most trusted mechanic is in Shah Alam and PJ. PM me if u want their contact no.

mounting point is different coz FTO engine configuration is terbalik (engine on the right, gbox on the left)

Last edited:

The Marketplace Latest

The Marketplace Top Posts

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There are bad ideas and there is this. A Subaru dealer in Manchester, England, has decided that a run-off-the mill Subaru Impreza WRX STI just isn’t going to cut it, especially if it has that hideous thing called a roof stuck on top.

So the dealer has taken the blasphemous step of re-enacting ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ on a spanking new 2011 Impreza WRX STI to convert it into a picnic basket of atrocity and utter woe. What was once a full-blown rally-bred turbocharged sedan is now next...

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience