• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
auto forever.......:driver:
nice clean engine.

you relocate your battery to the rear? will it prolong the battery lifespan?

the timing belt cover, is it transparent type? how long you been using it?
mine just crack on one of the holder, very noisy when the car moves .

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
nice clean engine.

You can try heat shield your battery. I did for my SUV seems to be longer lasting. Most of my battery last 18 to 26 months only, now on 39th month....:driver:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
You can try heat shield your battery. I did for my SUV seems to be longer lasting. Most of my battery last 18 to 26 months only, now on 39th month....:driver:
how to heat shield battery?
do tell me more..
battery like that, can do heat shield?

my battery is about to change, now the whole car is in workshop for overhaul.
good time if I wanna modify anything.

my battery lifespan is always around 2 years, now is better with bosch battery, 26 months.

Attachments

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Lets say I get a manual gb for pv6...does it needs2b inspected by JPJ or Puspakom...as in our registration card....it stated auto.

Manual gb coms wt hydraulic pump on clutch so whn we press/step on d cluth,it dun feels heavy or tight?.....

Read tht manual gb market price now is RM3k++....non include labor yet...

Is thr any othr manual gb pv6 can fix ?....
IINM, JPJ rule said that if u change gbox from Auto to Manual or Manual to Auto, it should be checked by the Kejuruteraan Automotif, JPJ for approval then inspection by Puspakom (but ppl dont follow this). for further info just call JPJ hotline, they are helpful.

for 6A12, u need to find the manual gbox from the same family either 6A12 or 6A12T (Eterna or Galant). but, u can also put different gbox from different Mitsu cars as long as the gbox bell housing can connect the engine and the gbox. anyway, just focus on 6A12 family of engine + gbox la. easier.

for normal driver, just look for gbox F5M222 from Eterna or Galant. there are others that may fit like F5M312, W5M332, W5M312

Hi guys
Can I use Toyota ATF type 4 gearbox oil even there is no sign of gearbox issues.?...

Or should I stick back to Proton/Diaqueen ATF SP III?....
i strongly advise to stick with SP3 formulation as its the requirement from Mitsu. or u can use Multi-Vehicle ATF that can cater for SP3 like Pennzoil Multi-Vehicle ATF (I'm using this for a long time now) or PetroCanada MV ATF.
i once put in ATF Type-4 into my gbox, it feels funny and different, so i quickly change back to SP3.

i service my gbox once a year (~20-25K km). change the ATF and ATF filter.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
nice clean engine.

yup, put my battery in a box in the boot. i donno if taking it out of the engine bay to somewhere less heat will effect the battery lifespan.
i use NS70 size and it usually lasts me more than 2 years (Bosch S4 - 3 years, Century Ultramax 2.5 years, Yokohama Gold - still using, more than 1.5 years now)

the transparent timing belt cover just been using it for 1 year. the original one already crack teruk. this transparent one still no crack but got oil burn (that time got a bit of oil leak from the rocker cover).

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
how to heat shield battery?
do tell me more..
battery like that, can do heat shield?

my battery is about to change, now the whole car is in workshop for overhaul.
good time if I wanna modify anything.

my battery lifespan is always around 2 years, now is better with bosch battery, 26 months.
Mine using simple aluminum foil only. My SUV battery is just behind radiator fan, and the hot air keep blasting on the battery. I took no notice before but after sending battery to spare part shop for claim, the personnel wanted to test the battery first, he touch the battery and say your battery so hot cannot even test. Left it there to cool down then after test they replace a battery FOC. That gave me an idea to heat shield this battery.....:driver:

Try to find and see if still have some photos...
Originally like this...

Radiator fan and battery

Heat shield

Last edited:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
nice clean engine.

I did it, battery relocation. So far ok. Use good welding cable, pure copper prefer.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
yup, put my battery in a box in the boot. i donno if taking it out of the engine bay to somewhere less heat will effect the battery lifespan.
i use NS70 size and it usually lasts me more than 2 years (Bosch S4 - 3 years, Century Ultramax 2.5 years, Yokohama Gold - still using, more than 1.5 years now)

the transparent timing belt cover just been using it for 1 year. the original one already crack teruk. this transparent one still no crack but got oil burn (that time got a bit of oil leak from the rocker cover).
I'm also using NS70 but Bosch S3..

if I not wrong, the transparent cover will turn black over time due to heat.
is it ok if I don't put the cover?
it was there to protect the timing belt only.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Mine using simple aluminum foil only. My SUV battery is just behind radiator fan, and the hot air keep blasting on the battery. I took no notice before but after sending battery to spare part shop for claim, the personnel wanted to test the battery first, he touch the battery and say your battery so hot cannot even test. Left it there to cool down then after test they replace a battery FOC. That gave me an idea to heat shield this battery.....:driver:

Try to find and see if still have some photos...
Originally like this...

Radiator fan and battery

Heat shield

haha, very cute.. why don't you relocate the battery then?
sorry, I feel with such insulation, it does not really help much..

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
I did it, battery relocation. So far ok. Use good welding cable, pure copper prefer.
ok, I ask the mechanic how much it cost..
hopefully not too expensive..

*ok.. my mechanic just told me not to waste money..
my engine bay still got room..
I always change battery like 2 years + which is consider very good for nowadays battery..
tell me not to spend money.. :love:

Last edited:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya

u should put cover to protect the belt and pulleys from any debris or grime.

the transparent cover is good enough. i dont think it will turn black. a bit yellowish maybe but mine still looks good except for a bit of oil/grease here n there. wipe it off then ok la.

ok, I ask the mechanic how much it cost..
hopefully not too expensive..

*ok.. my mechanic just told me not to waste money..
my engine bay still got room..
I always change battery like 2 years + which is consider very good for nowadays battery..
tell me not to spend money.. :love:
i relocated my battery during the work in transplanting the turbo engine.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Not protect the belt but in case something goes in between the belt. If that happens, there goes your timing......lol:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha, very cute.. why don't you relocate the battery then?
sorry, I feel with such insulation, it does not really help much..
SUV no boot to relocate to leh! and it cost quite a lot.

It does help since radiator fan blowing direct at battery. Now after a drive I touch the battery is warm and not hot. My aluminum foil only RM5 from Daiso then DIY. Anyway is now 39 months use and still cranking strong over my previous 24 months only which was already good.....:biggrin:

mymax

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
for normal driver, just look for gbox F5M222 from Eterna or Galant. there are others that may fit like F5M312, W5M332, W5M312
Hi guys.. such a long2 time not to communicate with the otais in here :hello:

IMHO, if the budget is there then just go for any gbox as mentioned by neuroone.. mine just use the basic F5M222, changed over the last 7 years and still running perfectly.. giving you peace of mind instead of auto tranny

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Hi guys.. such a long2 time not to communicate with the otais in here :hello:

IMHO, if the budget is there then just go for any gbox as mentioned by neuroone.. mine just use the basic F5M222, changed over the last 7 years and still running perfectly.. giving you peace of mind instead of auto tranny
hi mymax, where hv u been le?
sometimes can see ur car in putrajaya.
jom la TT.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A lot of speculation surrounded the new SL recently, so much so that I refused to write about it till something was confirmed. Didn’t want to portray ourselves as automotive paparazzi. So here is something that has been confirmed: Mercedes has made the SL uglier and slower, though power outputs are standard Benz ratings, that means insanely high torque outputs and modest horsepower, well, by today’s...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience