Dealer chops the roof off STI, shatters JDM hearts and chassis rigidity

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

There are bad ideas and there is this. A Subaru dealer in Manchester, England, has decided that a run-off-the mill Subaru Impreza WRX STI just isn’t going to cut it, especially if it has that hideous thing called a roof stuck on top.

So the dealer has taken the blasphemous step of re-enacting ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ on a spanking new 2011 Impreza WRX STI to convert it into a picnic basket of atrocity and utter woe. What was once a full-blown rally-bred turbocharged sedan is now next in line to become the automotive world’s next biggest punch line.

The worst part of it all is that by chopping off the roof, the entire rigidity of the chassis has probably gone to the dogs, which is where the dealer behind this should be booted off to as well. If it wasn’t bad enough, the ‘handle’ connecting the B-pillars just adds to the ridiculousness of the situation.

Our back there’s an ill-fitting tonneau for when the rain comes, which in jolly England would be every five minutes. Just to sign the death warrant on the car, part of the design was to leave the STI’s trademark rear wing in place, presumably to hang the tonneau off for drying.

Lastly, if you thought this abomination was a one-off, you’re sadly mistaken. The dealer in question has commissioned five of these to be built, which means five less STIs that the automotive world gets to enjoy seeing in its natural environment.

Source: Autoblog

Attachments

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
This look real weird for a Subaru. In short is ugly :banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wait until this car droves in B-road with alot of potholes and speedbump....then door cannot open....later the car bends in the middle.... :biggrin:

Rossie

Dec 1, 2005
Are you sure it's in England?
These cars are left-hand-drive...

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
Hate to say, but Proton Arena look better than this one.. :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi people! i just got a new APEXi turbo timer (black limited) which comes with A/F, O2, Batt, and Timer. Everything's working fine but the A/F reading shows nothing "--.-" in the first 2-3 minutes when i start my engine. is this normal or do i need to check my airflow sensor? the engine (4G93T - Auto) is half-cut just masuk last week, need to make sure i check EVERYTHING while still within the 10 days guarantee.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience