Perdana V6 Community Forum *

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
haha. neuro want ppl to join rvr club.:vroam::vroam:

i will be doing either top or major overhaul end of this year.
any performance item that can be changed from v6 engine to improve torque or hp? (except engine transplant, been advice so many time:banghead:)
currently only have air filter(NeuroOne keep for me ya),spark plug and piggyback in mind.
is it advisable to retuning the v6 engine at eon after overhaul or just do the dyno tuning?
is ur engine giving u problems?
last week when we drove home form TT, did not saw any smoke (white or black) coming out of ur exhaust.
but if u do overhaul, go for retune at EON/Proton.
but since u are getting a piggyback, then just tune the piggyback with dyno tuning.
i'll bring the drop-in SS airfilter this friday.

nameejokerx

Aug 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
is ur engine giving u problems?
last week when we drove home form TT, did not saw any smoke (white or black) coming out of ur exhaust.
but if u do overhaul, go for retune at EON/Proton.
but since u are getting a piggyback, then just tune the piggyback with dyno tuning.
i'll bring the drop-in SS airfilter this friday.
the smoke only come out if the car is idle more than 1 or 2 minutes or while in traffic light also.
cause I need to change mounting and timing belt so want to go for one-time overhaul. can save a lot of labour like my pomen said.
How about engine balancing? any big difference?

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
the smoke only come out if the car is idle more than 1 or 2 minutes or while in traffic light also.
cause I need to change mounting and timing belt so want to go for one-time overhaul. can save a lot of labour like my pomen said.
engine balancing sure give difference but also big difference in ur bank account balance. haha..
for 6A12NA auto just do light mod.
piggyback, air filter, exhaust de-cat, performance muffler.
also dont forget handling - suspension, ARB, strut bar, etc..

the smoke most probably valve seal is worn out. just need top overhaul.
yeah, do it all in one go is gonna be abit cheaper..

nameejokerx

Aug 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
engine balancing sure give difference but also big difference in ur bank account balance. haha..
for 6A12NA auto just do light mod.
piggyback, air filter, exhaust de-cat, performance muffler.
also dont forget handling - suspension, ARB, strut bar, etc..

the smoke most probably valve seal is worn out. just need top overhaul.
yeah, do it all in one go is gonna be abit cheaper..
owh. if within my budget maybe will proceed for balancing.
so, top overhaul will be ok. how about major?

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
yep. engine balancing will be very expensive.
they will balance almost every rotating/moving item in the engine.
for NA no need la, i dont think it will get u a big jump on power.
i think port n polish will be good while doing ur top overhaul.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

anyway, i think still the best solution for power is to transplant turbo engine.
example, if u spend RM15k for NA and RM15k for turbo, which one u think will be better?
with RM15k u can transplant Evo3 engine already..
or if u are auto-forever-man (like me, hehe) get RVR or Eclipse turbo. with money to spare..
thats it, end of story, power gone up.:thefinger:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
hehe.. u'll be surprised on how smooth 4G63T engine on high speed cruising. well at least my car la.. :thefinger:
quite rough on low speeds and acceleration but smooth during cruising.. :driver:
hahaha..the time will come..need to jinak2 with high speed first..cannot jump straight to high power...6a12 sound nicer..haha

haha. neuro want ppl to join rvr club.:vroam::vroam:

i will be doing either top or major overhaul end of this year.
any performance item that can be changed from v6 engine to improve torque or hp? (except engine transplant, been advice so many time:banghead:)
currently only have air filter(NeuroOne keep for me ya),spark plug and piggyback in mind.
is it advisable to retuning the v6 engine at eon after overhaul or just do the dyno tuning?
u do piggyback first..i want to see the gain..worth it or not..hahahaha..

same mod as mine..after stabilizing my electrical equipment..

just ordered :
-dayco timing belt kit
-iridium spark plug
-best i cable

next will be hotbits exhaust part, not sure to do full or only extractor and rear section or only rear section. the sound quite nice

IINM white smoke only cause by the seal..

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
i thought 6a12 still on speed cable? got come out weird noise or not?

Danz, normally how much u get charged to replace Driveshaft? i got charged 500 to replace those 2nd hand include labour, but till now prob didnt settle. CyCar called me and inform that ipoh got some dealer, so if the price is good i might get xtra DS to whack the mekanik for failing to rectify the damn problem after so many trip.

so additional problem that mekanik highlighted is the engine mounting. He mentioned that the engine is quite close to the chasis / under bar. i have nvr peekaboo other 6a12tt so not sure if its like that or some prob occur.

also the exhaust piping is kinda hitting the rear link, i think its rear subframe link or something like that. the name just couldnt come up to my head now. geez. so you think got any bad effect?

Marshal and Namejoker, 6A12TT !!!!!:listen::driver:

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
if u plonk in powderful engine, the chasis need upgrade. 6a12tt not slow. u just got to experience it first. indeed in stock form the boost not that high.mine is at 1bar.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i thought 6a12 still on speed cable? got come out weird noise or not?

Danz, normally how much u get charged to replace Driveshaft? i got charged 500 to replace those 2nd hand include labour, but till now prob didnt settle. CyCar called me and inform that ipoh got some dealer, so if the price is good i might get xtra DS to whack the mekanik for failing to rectify the damn problem after so many trip.

so additional problem that mekanik highlighted is the engine mounting. He mentioned that the engine is quite close to the chasis / under bar. i have nvr peekaboo other 6a12tt so not sure if its like that or some prob occur.

also the exhaust piping is kinda hitting the rear link, i think its rear subframe link or something like that. the name just couldnt come up to my head now. geez. so you think got any bad effect?

Marshal and Namejoker, 6A12TT !!!!!:listen::driver:
i replaced my short drive shaft with new ones from Cycar RM150, since i was using 6a12tt manual, there is no new DS for the long shaft, therefore i need to send it for recond, they charged me RM100 to replace both joints. u can recond your long DS as long its not bend, cracked or broken.

if not u have to search halfcuts for it.

if not mistaken for perdana manual using 232 gbox able to use pv6 long DS, its the same dimension.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

workmanship cant remember but if not mistaken its about rm100 to change both sides.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
hahaha..the time will come..need to jinak2 with high speed first..cannot jump straight to high power...6a12 sound nicer..haha

u do piggyback first..i want to see the gain..worth it or not..hahahaha..

same mod as mine..after stabilizing my electrical equipment..

just ordered :
-dayco timing belt kit
-iridium spark plug
-best i cable

next will be hotbits exhaust part, not sure to do full or only extractor and rear section or only rear section. the sound quite nice

IINM white smoke only cause by the seal..
white smoke sometime valve seal, sometimes piston ring, sometimes turbo kong.
depends on the situation.

I want join 6A12 auto :biggrin:
my km/h meter not running emm sensor maybe
perdana use speed cable connected near the rear mounting point on gbox.
maybe speed cable rosak or meter rosak.
ur odometer and tripmeter jalan tak?

laterlaa...hahaha...6a12 + tt not advisable? low boost only
Bolt On Turbo (BOT) not advisable la.
got turbo engine, do straight swap la. haha..
4G engine also sound can be good. :thefinger:

if u plonk in powderful engine, the chasis need upgrade. 6a12tt not slow. u just got to experience it first. indeed in stock form the boost not that high.mine is at 1bar.
wow high boost TT nih.. :driver:

nameejokerx

Aug 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
maybe will go for overhaul only and add little mod. if got extra car maybe can put the perdana for project car. scared car always stuck in workshop. somemore still satisfy with the performance and FC. can go more than 500km in full tank in daily drive(most on highway).
bang neuro, see u next week. tonite will go back hometown. next week i'm free, my wifey will not joining so can borak more on car:biggrin:.

how about eletrical current? is it good to grounding our perdana? which part we can connect the grounding cable?
claim by using Qmax Nano Technolgy Grounding Cable, it increased 9.7hp through dyno test but the price is expensive. you will be surprise.
Proton Perdana V6Photo Conducted Dyno Test the best grounding kit.hks grounding cable,kicker grounding wire,audison power cable,
i follow one old thread where to connect the grounding cable.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
maybe will go for overhaul only and add little mod. if got extra car maybe can put the perdana for project car. scared car always stuck in workshop. somemore still satisfy with the performance and FC. can go more than 500km in full tank in daily drive(most on highway).
bang neuro, see u next week. tonite will go back hometown. next week i'm free, my wifey will not joining so can borak more on car:biggrin:.

how about eletrical current? is it good to grounding our perdana? which part we can connect the grounding cable?
claim by using Qmax Nano Technolgy Grounding Cable, it increased 9.7hp through dyno test but the price is expensive. you will be surprise.
Proton Perdana V6Photo Conducted Dyno Test the best grounding kit.hks grounding cable,kicker grounding wire,audison power cable,
i follow one old thread where to connect the grounding cable.
serious? grounding cable give 9.7hp, that's not bad..
i already told my mechanic to do grounding cable, ayam brand although. if can gain 4hp, also not bad :biggrin:

nameejokerx

Aug 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
anyone heard or use Pulstar Iridium Spark Plugs?
saw the review and people mention it produce more power than other spark plug.
the price also produce more expensive than other:thefinger:
is it that good for perdana?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
my bro in law using a modded evo3 engine but using rm5 per pc RXZ spark plug.
dun believe that plugs will give u add hp, all bullshit, it will just increase the lifespan of the plugs so no need
to change so often as workmanship to change plugs in pv6 costs rm180.

nameejokerx

Aug 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
my bro in law using a modded evo3 engine but using rm5 per pc RXZ spark plug.
dun believe that plugs will give u add hp, all bullshit, it will just increase the lifespan of the plugs so no need
to change so often as workmanship to change plugs in pv6 costs rm180.
yes. better focus on rebuilding my engine rather than changing on little mods that do not add/add little power to my car.
maybe will re-tune or add piggyback if got extra money.

The Marketplace Latest

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If i want to sell a car to a person(stranger),what is the procedure?
-Do i need to bring it to Puspakom?
-Need any JPJ approval?

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience