Perdana V6 Community Forum *

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Hi guys, how/what kind of sound proof do you use for the Perdana? I am thinking of getting soundproofing to get rid of the noisy tyre sounds and upgrade the ICE in the future.

Any advice on workshop, what kind of brand/type of sound proofing etc would be great.

Cheers

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
brand i got no idea..

last time i DIY my wira and my friends car, take off rear seats and those carpet at car bonnet. then stick here and there.

open door plastic cover, stick here and there. but not daring enuff to remove the roof padding and proof there. i reckon it will make diff when raining esp for wira.

and also didnt remove all seat with carpet to do, coz lazy and too tedious. but just for sharing, dont go too thick la the proofing material, coz what is the inner substance more important than the outlook. also if too thick you might face problem when reinstall the parts. if u hantar kedai, they will know what to do. not cheap if you want to SP the car floor.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Hi guys, how/what kind of sound proof do you use for the Perdana? I am thinking of getting soundproofing to get rid of the noisy tyre sounds and upgrade the ICE in the future.

Any advice on workshop, what kind of brand/type of sound proofing etc would be great.

Cheers
actually you can buy the materials, usually 10mm thick.
no need to spend too much on these soundproof.

I did my wheel fender arc on my savvy, 2 layer somemore.. but does not help a bit...
personally, i feel waste money..

if want to prevent noisy tire sound, choose a comfort/better tire..
i'm using a summer grade tire, hence very noisy but stop when you want to.

back to the soundproof material, i bought 2m of those pad.
intend to put on my engine and hood, soundproof or not.. i don't know..
as of now, they don't have any padding.. i think the previous owner took them out..

i feel v6 stock soundproofing is quite good..
still need to enhance? just pump up the volume, save the money :biggrin:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
actually you can buy the materials, usually 10mm thick.
no need to spend too much on these soundproof.

I did my wheel fender arc on my savvy, 2 layer somemore.. but does not help a bit...
personally, i feel waste money..

if want to prevent noisy tire sound, choose a comfort/better tire..
i'm using a summer grade tire, hence very noisy but stop when you want to.

back to the soundproof material, i bought 2m of those pad.
intend to put on my engine and hood, soundproof or not.. i don't know..
as of now, they don't have any padding.. i think the previous owner took them out..

i feel v6 stock soundproofing is quite good..
still need to enhance? just pump up the volume, save the money :biggrin:
better still..rm2 f1 ear plug. :rofl:

as long as its diy its good enough. no need to pay much for sound proof. diy my 4 doors 2 layer(inner and door trim) good enough..need to find time to do floor plan for whole car coz got balance soundproof material. using 6mm sound absorber. not deadening :driver:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
But if done by pro it will greatly enhance the sound system or sound quality right?
yup..you can take your time on doing it with youtube guide + take time to properly cut and place the padding. bonus doing diy is its like you inspecting your car every inch for any rust or something amiss..

but if time is not on your side..send it to the pro..but do find the real PRO..else you will be wasting your money..quotation i got from recommended installer at cheras area is around rm2xxx with 4 layer of fender coating..roof+door+floorplan+boot+bonnet using premium material stp.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
i thinks its just an additive...review looks nice..hahaha..anyway besides dayco timing belt kit..any other recommended brand ? also should i add ecu before upgrade or after?

upgrade will be
dropin works
bosch super sport spark plug cable
iridium spark plug
CAI
works camshaft,crank pulley and adjustable cam
s-flow muffler

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
works got camshaft for 6a12? wow. i think it should be xpensive. Powerzone punya also quite. but considering there are 4 in total...

piggyback with cam gear tuning at the same time and consider the final products.

beside dayco will be gates. got xtra money money hom plz buy me some EL meter panel and get Power Enterprise Kevlar hahaha.

if got top overhaul rmbr to grind valve and port polish cylinder head.:nurse:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
i thinks its just an additive...review looks nice..hahaha..anyway besides dayco timing belt kit..any other recommended brand ? also should i add ecu before upgrade or after?

upgrade will be
dropin works
bosch super sport spark plug cable
iridium spark plug
CAI
works camshaft,crank pulley and adjustable cam
s-flow muffler
gates too, however i heard poor reviews about gates timing belt..
last saturday when i sent my savvy for change of timing belt, the service centre actually share the poor reviews on gates.. for me, i'm fine as my savvy is due for scrap in around 2-3 yrs time.

may i ask what is dropin works?
do share with me how you intend to do the CAI for V6, curious to learn.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
works got camshaft for 6a12? wow. i think it should be xpensive. Powerzone punya also quite. but considering there are 4 in total...

piggyback with cam gear tuning at the same time and consider the final products.

beside dayco will be gates. got xtra money money hom plz buy me some EL meter panel and get Power Enterprise Kevlar hahaha.

if got top overhaul rmbr to grind valve and port polish cylinder head.:nurse:
top overhaul done early this year.hahaha..i will update once got the quotation..still unsure to go ahead camshaft+cam adjust+pully+piggy back or engine transplant+piggy back..looking for beter performance+fc

gates too, however i heard poor reviews about gates timing belt..
last saturday when i sent my savvy for change of timing belt, the service centre actually share the poor reviews on gates.. for me, i'm fine as my savvy is due for scrap in around 2-3 yrs time.

may i ask what is dropin works?
do share with me how you intend to do the CAI for V6, curious to learn.
i think that could take some time. cai will be on new bodykit. and im using stock intake setup

works dropin is works engineering drop in filter

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
nvr heard bad review on gates. what is it about? only ppl recommend dayco alot. hahaha.

last time drilled hole on bumper with the CAI bellmouth stuck there. looks much better even no bodykit.:biggrin: But 1 fine day it kena ripped off.

if chase for 'better' performance, buy my car hehehe

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
non mivec v6 wasnt on performance.so not justifiable to dump money.if i were u pnp with filter n manifold muffler increase throttle body n d intake manifold then finish with a piggyback.thats about 4 to 5k damage.previously my wira like didnt upgrade much but total.damage at 10k plus.i could have get a gsr terbo.got money u can do however u want.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
was looking for mivec v6..however the spare parts are not easily available just in case..main reason why i plan in upgrading performance in 6a12.

meanwhile, ill be changing other parts first such as brake,spark plug cable,kevlar cable , aesthetic(rim,bodykit, etc ) and collecting more fund only..at the same time will find a good engine thats worth its fc..auto of course..hahahha :biggrin:

saw halfcut 6a13 at mudah..6.5k techtronic auto :idea:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

I am preparing to do the above for my Volvo S60 came with 6 Speed Powershift DCT with wet clutches. I know Powershift isn't the most durable DCT around but this one seems to serve me very well for over 100k km's.

Just want to know, can the clutches rebuilt by replacing the clutch packs or have to buy the whole assembly that cost a bomb. Generally what's the mileage for DCTs ? Read from the web it supposed to last the "LIFETIME" of the car, which i call bullshit as the clutches...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience