Perdana V6 Community Forum *

got forumer perdana auto close when switch off the car? my dad e36 can la..haha

anyway,

im using 2000 v6 perdana 1st batch. Basically what do to increase slightly my car performance as i sometime like to cruise at 140-150km/h. Just to compensate the soundproof material weight i install for the car.

i never had touch the ecu/tranny ecu. nothing is wrong but should i do something check/reflash/retune?

keeping engine NA and stock as possible. What i have in mind is :
-change air drop in air filter
-ignition plug
-exhaust system
-lighter rim

is there anything else or above are unnecessary?

I also year 2000, V6 :biggrin:
e36, nice... before i got my v6, i was looking for a e36 with 1jz.. but exceed my budget..

is yours an auto or manual? mine is a manual.

i already change my air filter, drop in K&N, not bad. can feel the car breathe better.

Ignition plug, my advice is don't waste money, does not help. I have another savvy that using aftermarket ignition plug, after sometime, the engine will vibrate.. mechanic say it's the plug that causing this.
So stick to original, always better. Change to iridium spark plug if you can.
I got my bosch iridium at rm130 for 4, lifespan is 100k, also help you to save money in the long run.

Exhaust
Yes, it will helps but don't change extractor. stick to original.
as for the piping, go for straight through if you can.
It would definitely helps.

Lighter rim
it's always a bliss to have but be mindful, lighter rim usually cost more.

maybe we can do a mini meet up?? but i located in jb and work in singapore..
So the only time i get to see my car is only weekend.
as of now, i miss my v6.. :itsme:

I also year 2000, V6 :biggrin:
e36, nice... before i got my v6, i was looking for a e36 with 1jz.. but exceed my budget..

is yours an auto or manual? mine is a manual.

i already change my air filter, drop in K&N, not bad. can feel the car breathe better.

Ignition plug, my advice is don't waste money, does not help. I have another savvy that using aftermarket ignition plug, after sometime, the engine will vibrate.. mechanic say it's the plug that causing this.
So stick to original, always better. Change to iridium spark plug if you can.
I got my bosch iridium at rm130 for 4, lifespan is 100k, also help you to save money in the long run.

Exhaust
Yes, it will helps but don't change extractor. stick to original.
as for the piping, go for straight through if you can.
It would definitely helps.

Lighter rim
it's always a bliss to have but be mindful, lighter rim usually cost more.

maybe we can do a mini meet up?? but i located in jb and work in singapore..
So the only time i get to see my car is only weekend.
as of now, i miss my v6.. :itsme:

e36 nice la..but for first car..did not dare to use it since it has many sensor..so first car, less sensor = not so expensive maintenance .. hence perdana..big smooth and comfortable

mine is auto tranny ... as my daily car..often go through jam..haha..

yup..smoother drive after i install works drop in filter and buffer(front & rear) front bumper always hit ground whenever there is bump..now i can feel the softness of perdana stock absorber without hitting the ground.

my spark plug still good..maybe next change will use iridium..so ignition plug is a no go?

i thought it is better to change the whole exhaust system to avoid bottlenectk?:confused:

dont mind to pay rim much..since this car gonna use for cruising during weekend..rim will be the last, since it is hard to find a good rim that suits stock body kit.. :smokin:

hahaha..v6 is nice..after changing eterna auto gb 3k rpm can reach 120+-3km/h on flat road..good enough for me.. love it :biggrin: :driver:

i thought v-sixers still active..usually saw their tt at ttdi mohsin there..now been awhile since i saw the group..well it will be nice if we meet up but im at kl..else you can test the stiff ring :driver:..hahaha..

e36 nice la..but for first car..did not dare to use it since it has many sensor..so first car, less sensor = not so expensive maintenance .. hence perdana..big smooth and comfortable

mine is auto tranny ... as my daily car..often go through jam..haha..

yup..smoother drive after i install works drop in filter and buffer(front & rear) front bumper always hit ground whenever there is bump..now i can feel the softness of perdana stock absorber without hitting the ground.

my spark plug still good..maybe next change will use iridium..so ignition plug is a no go?

i thought it is better to change the whole exhaust system to avoid bottlenectk?:confused:

dont mind to pay rim much..since this car gonna use for cruising during weekend..rim will be the last, since it is hard to find a good rim that suits stock body kit.. :smokin:

hahaha..v6 is nice..after changing eterna auto gb 3k rpm can reach 120+-3km/h on flat road..good enough for me.. love it :biggrin: :driver:

i thought v-sixers still active..usually saw their tt at ttdi mohsin there..now been awhile since i saw the group..well it will be nice if we meet up but im at kl..else you can test the stiff ring :driver:..hahaha..

agreed, sensor cars are always a headache, its good to have but headache to maintain.

why would your bumper hit the ground? too low?
the buffer do helps if you are using an old spring..

for me, since i going to change to new spring, it will be sometime before the spring say bye bye to me. save the money :biggrin:

yeah, go for iridium plug. trust me, your mechanic will love you..
ignition plug are gimmicks, least for me.. i don't feel any difference after installed..

its all up to you and your preference, for me, if i were to touch my exhaust, it will be just a straight through.

have you tried your v6 top speed? on my last trip, i tried 190km then i chicken out.. :biggrin:
can feel vibrations and light weight..

actually i have never drive to KL before.. its a shame..
I stay in singapore too long until my melayu sucks.. haha, afterall i'm a chinese..

but during CNY, we will go back ipoh, probably by then.. we could plan a meet up??

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

anyone into designing their cars??

this is mine, pretty boring.. after i install to 17', i intend to spray them in bright orange..

9514307221_c3238079c2.jpg

intend to keep the blue but spray orange on the bottom

01-bojix-design-2013-mustang-sema.jpg

156197.jpg

what do you think? fit the v6?

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

anyone knows where can i get this at lower cost??
selling at RM170, quite exp for accessories..

perdana-v6-alfa-model-front-rear-bumper-liner-chrome-kingwooi-0909-21-kingwooi@16.jpg

agreed, sensor cars are always a headache, its good to have but headache to maintain.

why would your bumper hit the ground? too low?
the buffer do helps if you are using an old spring..

for me, since i going to change to new spring, it will be sometime before the spring say bye bye to me. save the money :biggrin:

yeah, go for iridium plug. trust me, your mechanic will love you..
ignition plug are gimmicks, least for me.. i don't feel any difference after installed..

its all up to you and your preference, for me, if i were to touch my exhaust, it will be just a straight through.

have you tried your v6 top speed? on my last trip, i tried 190km then i chicken out.. :biggrin:
can feel vibrations and light weight..

actually i have never drive to KL before.. its a shame..
I stay in singapore too long until my melayu sucks.. haha, afterall i'm a chinese..

but during CNY, we will go back ipoh, probably by then.. we could plan a meet up??

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

anyone into designing their cars??

this is mine, pretty boring.. after i install to 17', i intend to spray them in bright orange..

9514307221_c3238079c2.jpg

intend to keep the blue but spray orange on the bottom

01-bojix-design-2013-mustang-sema.jpg

156197.jpg

what do you think? fit the v6?

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

anyone knows where can i get this at lower cost??
selling at RM170, quite exp for accessories..

perdana-v6-alfa-model-front-rear-bumper-liner-chrome-kingwooi-0909-21-kingwooi@16.jpg

hahah..yes absorber still ok..so wait till both kong then might either try branded suspension system or find stock setup..

so ignition cable of the list..

have not dip into exhaust..will do some research...i dont one with loud sound..this is cruise..should be comfort and silence..:driver:

recently i go for 180..was testing my gb before warranty finish and after installing stiffring..felt like floating too..but no vibration..did not go beyond as my front rotor were in bad condition(not symmetry vibrate during braking) even at 120km/h braking is like earthquake..:rofl:

the accessory you look for usually can find in mudah..or better go kedai potong?:confused:

hahaha..i like the mustang design..lets use plastidip just for fun...can peel off easily :burnout:

mine:
all stock leather seat..stock headlamp..except tail lamp..hehehe

J2ocprml.jpg

JWw8hUSl.jpg

Last edited:
Swee, I always wanted a black car despite knowing black is difficult to maintain..

My blue paint is still fresh, quite wasteful to change..
Although I prefer silver, easier to maintain.

What do you think? Should I mix 2 color tone on my v6?

Swee, I always wanted a black car despite knowing black is difficult to maintain..

My blue paint is still fresh, quite wasteful to change..
Although I prefer silver, easier to maintain.

What do you think? Should I mix 2 color tone on my v6?

so far still good..never had repainted since first drive..weekly wash,,every 2month wax..every 6 month polish..diy cheap..haha

if you want the orange..IMO..better do like the mustang or design something unique..to be safe render first hahaha..much better go all in plastidip even your paint is blue..so that it will match nicely
:biggrin:

kurt, orang ipoh ka? :biggrin:

for exhaust mod, i will prefer change extractor, decat [throw the mid box, resonator], maintain stock piping size and a decent size s flow muffler or those ala mugen twin loop muffler. not noisy and improvement noticed. nothing much to do without touching the engine.

then might consider lighten crank pulley and if got extra $$$ to spare, go for a piggyback lo.but without touching the head i.e port and polish or mild cam, performance increase wasnt too powderful.

the chrome like misai thingy, i rmbr my kaki said need to use hot air blower to help it snap in, else it will eventually pop up after sometimes.. im more into performance, so bodykit and stuff comes 2nd hehehe

for exhaust mod, i will prefer change extractor, decat [throw the mid box, resonator], maintain stock piping size and a decent size s flow muffler or those ala mugen twin loop muffler. not noisy and improvement noticed. nothing much to do without touching the engine.

then might consider lighten crank pulley and if got extra $$$ to spare, go for a piggyback lo.but without touching the head i.e port and polish or mild cam, performance increase wasnt too powderful.

the chrome like misai thingy, i rmbr my kaki said need to use hot air blower to help it snap in, else it will eventually pop up after sometimes.. im more into performance, so bodykit and stuff comes 2nd hehehe

you too? maybe can meet up one of these days when i go back kampong :biggrin:

you seem to know alot about your ride.
the exhaust method that you mentioned is correct, lighten crank pulley will also give you some extra hp.

i now family man.. alot of commitment.. so cannot anyhow mod.. wife also scare of high speed..
:biggrin:

maybe for me, i'm contented with the current v6 engine.. hearing the sound, already make me climax..

the chrome liner, looks nice but for rm170.. i find quite expensive.. i rather use the rm170 and change to bosch rotor. safety come first.

your perdana is auto or manual?

anyway..after read few v6 thread i think gonna go for this upgrade :

-using work crank pulley with same size as stock(not sure yet as it affect the top speed)
-engine management piggyback from them(works)
-and exhaust system but for auto tranny it is best to change muffler s-type with 2.3" id max only and others remain stock(can it increase in performance?):confused:

then from there change suspension system(comfort is priority) any suggestion and lighter wheels 17"

then can drive happily ever after :driver:

im working outstation yo.

mine 6a12tt manual.
crank pulley so far i saw Weng Cheong got sell only. Price, ok la. But quality wise not so sure, but from advert like ok. they bundle together with blue perch dual line absorber and spring set, also not sure if its good stuff. not much info on the net. top speed, for me i dont always hit 160kmh.so i prefer acceleration. use less fuel at city driving.

on suspension thingy, im not too well versed. alot forummers have their own opinion and combo, and each of us butt feel also diff. but for me, i will go for slightly stiffer shock absorber to lessen the wavy ombak feeling but maintain stock spring. some 'sport' absober, their body is slightly shorter. Check how much short is it with the stock, else if your tyre too thick you will get alot of fender grinding.

IMHO, throw away the mid box, resonator, cat con, if you are not too concern on the Earth =) i think stock perdana have 2 of them. maintain stock piping and muffler. 2.3 inch, well i've never really measure my muffler size. but i have a s flow kept in store room, previously on my wira. from outside got some sound, not noise hehehe but inside totally silent. :biggrin:

and my wife also hate my perdana. so im looking to sell it off soon. she said not civilized wor....

hello guys.. this morning, i just did a regular engine oil check, atf n etc.. :nurse:
while i was checking into the head, i found something unusual for me.. :afraid:pls refer to the pics below..

h9l5.jpg

this one its not grinded on the camshaft.. its like on the head body (xtaw nama) huhu.. :rofl:

dvyq.jpg

7kxf.jpg

its like the camshaft has been grinded.. is this normal? :confused:

Last edited:
halo.

can u use finger or screwdriver to feel the surface? sticky icky carbon sheets stuff?

oxidization perhaps.

ok. after 2nd view, it seems like your camshaft (CS) is missing some parts?

at 1st i thought grinded means you've sent the CS for grinding, which i've not seen before. the wear and tear seems 'continuous', means something inside off balance that cause the batang CS shaved.im still new to V6 engine.

Any pro can come in to share what object might be causing the shave?

By the way, when is your last drain of engine oil? if this problem is new, and your engine oil change is coming, you may want to check on the drained oil, see if there is any metal shaving. Should be quite visible. Metal shaving in moving engine will not be good

halo.

can u use finger or screwdriver to feel the surface? sticky icky carbon sheets stuff?

oxidization perhaps.

ok. after 2nd view, it seems like your camshaft (CS) is missing some parts?

at 1st i thought grinded means you've sent the CS for grinding, which i've not seen before. the wear and tear seems 'continuous', means something inside off balance that cause the batang CS shaved.im still new to V6 engine.

Any pro can come in to share what object might be causing the shave?

By the way, when is your last drain of engine oil? if this problem is new, and your engine oil change is coming, you may want to check on the drained oil, see if there is any metal shaving. Should be quite visible. Metal shaving in moving engine will not be good

next oil change is about 6k more..somehow the engine does not vibrate or making any noise.. :driver:

i did a "test-touch" inside the head, the sticky oil, the oil from the dipstick, but i cn feel no metal debris..
or im using a wrong techniques huhu.. :rofl:

some part missing? what do u mean?

Last edited:
im working outstation yo.

mine 6a12tt manual.
crank pulley so far i saw Weng Cheong got sell only. Price, ok la. But quality wise not so sure, but from advert like ok. they bundle together with blue perch dual line absorber and spring set, also not sure if its good stuff. not much info on the net. top speed, for me i dont always hit 160kmh.so i prefer acceleration. use less fuel at city driving.

on suspension thingy, im not too well versed. alot forummers have their own opinion and combo, and each of us butt feel also diff. but for me, i will go for slightly stiffer shock absorber to lessen the wavy ombak feeling but maintain stock spring. some 'sport' absober, their body is slightly shorter. Check how much short is it with the stock, else if your tyre too thick you will get alot of fender grinding.

IMHO, throw away the mid box, resonator, cat con, if you are not too concern on the Earth =) i think stock perdana have 2 of them. maintain stock piping and muffler. 2.3 inch, well i've never really measure my muffler size. but i have a s flow kept in store room, previously on my wira. from outside got some sound, not noise hehehe but inside totally silent. :biggrin:

and my wife also hate my perdana. so im looking to sell it off soon. she said not civilized wor....

i see..my cam/pully will most likely take from works engineering..i think all will upgrade from them..easy..less headache and got nice warranty..

suspension is 2nd last thing..exhaust system will be the last..

dont say like that..perdana is nice..add sound proof..already nice..v6 engine smooth too..

wow..what happen? do u feel any difference or does it affevt ur car performance,?

yo Jien, i mean after few look onnly i realized that the batang camshaft kena shaved off. if u put ur finger inside the 'hole', very hard to feel the metal debris coz they might be bertakung at d bottom. thats y drain it to check as i thought, but if just change engine oil then dont waste la, unless professional advise. But dont poke ur finger with engine running yo :rofl:

Marshal, what do u mean if i felt any diff? after change to which part?
cam pully is to adjust the timing, but without upgraded air filter and exhaust, cant feel much diff too. v6 u need 4 pcs of cam pulley, imho i think abit mahal.
my car is fully soundproofed. Nice. But because the nature of engine and driving attitude, my wife hates it.:rofl::driver:

yo Jien, i mean after few look onnly i realized that the batang camshaft kena shaved off. if u put ur finger inside the 'hole', very hard to feel the metal debris coz they might be bertakung at d bottom. thats y drain it to check as i thought, but if just change engine oil then dont waste la, unless professional advise. But dont poke ur finger with engine running yo :rofl:

cam pully is to adjust the timing, but without upgraded air filter and exhaust, cant feel much diff too. v6 u need 4 pcs of cam pulley, imho i think abit mahal.
my car is fully soundproofed. Nice. But because the nature of engine and driving attitude, my wife hates it.:rofl::driver:

Heheh thanks for the advise.. I'll bring to the nearest eon service for them to examine, and when they have stated the problem, I'll bring to a cheaper workshop. Hahaha

Ur camshaft xde kene shaved2 kan?

i have noy open the engine cover to check b4.but sometimes i will check d drained oil or operate d oil filter to check.but sometimes alot darken debris coz im using open pod. visually mine is ok

I mean with the condition of your camshaft. Do you felt any difference?:confused:

Top Bottom