Perdana V6 Community Forum *

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Tested with 6484 ECU, same check engine lights and ABS sensor. The new foreman did tell me the wiring harness seems to have been cut. There’s one open cable near the intake manifold . :Stupid:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tested with 6484 ECU, same check engine lights and ABS sensor. The new foreman did tell me the wiring harness seems to have been cut. There’s one open cable near the intake manifold . :Stupid:
Earlier I also wanted to ask about the wire harness, because even my mechanic who did my car transplant need to send to expert wireman to do the wiring.....

Reactions: humongousgravy

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Now sending to a perdana expert. Hopefully can resolve this issue. Really feel the power is much less than I expected. Almost the same as before.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just an update. Problem solved. Sent to another perdana expert. Changed a couple of items including the air intake. Now all is good. Thanks guys.
The air intake very very sensitive. I remember got one time I wanted to try open pod, so got the adapter, but one corner of the fit was like less than 1mm off. The car starts and run but once you want to accelerate it chokes. Remove fit back original no problem.....lol

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
I see. He changed a couple of items too. Looks like something called the Power TR in addition to the ECU. Also added quite a few air hoses to plug here and there, I’m guessing for reading/sensor.
Now looking to upgrade brakes and exhaust. Brakes if get VR4 or EVO won’t have to do custom bracket?
For exhaust size 2-1/4” enough? And what’s a good muffler to use if I want the sound to be just abit louder and bassy.

Reactions: minibeany

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I see. He changed a couple of items too. Looks like something called the Power TR in addition to the ECU. Also added quite a few air hoses to plug here and there, I’m guessing for reading/sensor.
Now looking to upgrade brakes and exhaust. Brakes if get VR4 or EVO won’t have to do custom bracket?
For exhaust size 2-1/4” enough? And what’s a good muffler to use if I want the sound to be just abit louder and bassy.
Your original brake is single pot? VR4 ones are double which was a improvement for me since my original was single and I transferred the servo also which was twin layer. Brake pads I am on Trestor Advantage pads.
My exhaust is 2.5" all the way until the muffler which is straight through. Some say can go up to 3", but better ask the pro exhaust guy.
Since you are fitting the muffler new, there is one now which you can switch the straight through on and off, meaning if don't want loud can off......lol

Reactions: minibeany

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Your original brake is single pot? VR4 ones are double which was a improvement for me since my original was single and I transferred the servo also which was twin layer. Brake pads I am on Trestor Advantage pads.
My exhaust is 2.5" all the way until the muffler which is straight through. Some say can go up to 3", but better ask the pro exhaust guy.
Since you are fitting the muffler new, there is one now which you can switch the straight through on and off, meaning if don't want loud can off......lol
yeah now still stock single pot. If I changed the calibers and rotors will it cause the brake to feel more “mushy”? Or is that the reason to change the brake servo together?
Do you mean like a valvetronic exhaust? Would be nice to have haha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah now still stock single pot. If I changed the calibers and rotors will it cause the brake to feel more “mushy”? Or is that the reason to change the brake servo together?
Do you mean like a valvetronic exhaust? Would be nice to have haha
Brake servo aids vacuum so you get a stronger brake force. If changing to bigger rotor and larger calipers, best to increase the servo size too.
Yes, I think they call valvetronic exhaust....

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
bassy sound u can try FGK S-flow.

Reactions: humongousgravy

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Haven’t managed to solve the rough idle issue (sometimes goes to 1.5k RPM) but nowadays the car I can feel it’s choking. Like semput semput. And it still goes to 1.5k RPM on idle which makes the car choke less. Makes me feel that the problem is which the throttle body. Any advice?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haven’t managed to solve the rough idle issue (sometimes goes to 1.5k RPM) but nowadays the car I can feel it’s choking. Like semput semput. And it still goes to 1.5k RPM on idle which makes the car choke less. Makes me feel that the problem is which the throttle body. Any advice?
Your idle speed is 1.5k all the time or sometimes only? If all the time can confirm is TB. I had this problem with my VR, mine even higher at almost 2K rpm. My mechanic confirm is the TB butterfly leaking. He dismantle, wash, tune whatever cannot solve, so I bought a second hand TB unit, now solved.... :driver:

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Your idle speed is 1.5k all the time or sometimes only? If all the time can confirm is TB. I had this problem with my VR, mine even higher at almost 2K rpm. My mechanic confirm is the TB butterfly leaking. He dismantle, wash, tune whatever cannot solve, so I bought a second hand TB unit, now solved.... :driver:
Previously was sometimes only, and when not at 1.5K RPM it was ok engine idle wise and running wise. But recently when it's not 1.5k RPM the engine is like choking. and if it's at 1.5K it's abit better but still choking a little when driving. Still the throttle body?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Previously was sometimes only, and when not at 1.5K RPM it was ok engine idle wise and running wise. But recently when it's not 1.5k RPM the engine is like choking. and if it's at 1.5K it's abit better but still choking a little when driving. Still the throttle body?
In this case, Better get a mechanic to check it out, or probably try servicing it first.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Paint touch ups

anyone know a good place to do paint touch ups and also services for getting rid of 'orange peel' effect on newly painted car?

Oh yea as for more details about the title listed, please refer to the car detailing forum. I accidentally posted it here instead hehe.. pissed off punye pasal.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience