Perdana V6 Community Forum *

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
bros, may i know current aftermarket boost gauge takes it reading from sensor or vacuum pressure?

Also, my 6a12tt comes with some tulang ikan setup, but turning left or right which means open and close, how i know if its already increase or decrease the boost? at first i thought only max can turn is 45 degree to left or 45 right, but seems like that thing can pusing a few round >.<

just noticed, my boost gauge reading when idle is -4 bar, which usually if not mistaken at -7 or -8. could it mean some of the part got problem / leaking or the gauge got problem? can i just use other brand gauge, plug on my old autogauge wiring socket to get the reading? easier to check compare to trying troubleshoot each part for fault or leaking or reinstalling new gauge b4 anything.

1 funny thing is, i;ve just changed all the engine mounting, and exhaust mounting point changed too because the piping is hitting the rear arm or was it called the rear crossmember?so the garage extend / drop down the exhaust abit, got clearance now. but when dragging or sudden stomp on clutch, i heard some bopping sound from exhaust. Not popping is bop because it sounds softer hehehe. is it because the sudden decrease of airflow in exhaust passage cause this or any other problem?

hard sudden stomp on clutch almost most of the time will produce this sound, sometimes when revving and upshift or downshift also will. happen only after mounting changed...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
normally defi's boost reading uses sensor, those old skool ones uses direct from vacuum that is actually better, no need to worry if the sensor kaput.

just change the tulang ikan, rm7 from fish shop.

have u decat?

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
new car new avatar pic i thought who reply me pulak hehehhee.

All the time running catless.

for those gauge, i believe vacuum pressure is more accurate as well. but when hiding those hose is quite a bitch, at least for me. i only love the current for the wire small and slim, easy to hide hehehe.

but the tulang ikan can only be found in aquarium shop? coz i also dont know what ppl call that.hahaha. i assume setting of tulang ikan is to turn all 3 and then see the boost reading, if not ngam then go down pop hood and adjust again yeah?

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
imho, all boost reading comes from the vacuum hose for both mechanical or digital boost meter.
but for digital, it has a small ecu that converts it to digital data and display it to the meter.
mechanical boost meter directly reads it from the vacumm.

also, if u need a manual boost controller aka tulang ikan type, just get the turbosmart tee..

Dec 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Good Day Gentlemen,

I'm looking for a reputable Perdana V6 2008 (A) Car Dealer in KL. With a budget that is similar to what we all see in Carlist.com, between 28K to 35K. I think I can afford this luxury despite the 2014 predicted economic up-scaling from our beloved ministers, and it is time for me to own a proper car to cruise my Clients around KL & JB.

I'm aware there was a thread this year that is similar to what I have posted, but since its more than 6 months ago and the market should have changed quite a bit, I am looking for updated information regarding my intention. I love this car, needless to say. I dont mind the maintenance and care for it, at least I know its worth it compared to having a woman. But I'd like to reduce the risk of running into transmission problems, which this car has a notable history of. The fuel and maintenance and blah blah, not an issue for me, but my major concern would a scenario of having my Newly Bought Perdana V6, breaks-down in the middle of nowhere, with my potential Clients in it with no mobile line service.. You get the picture..

I would be in debt to you, Perdana Owners, if you could recommend me a reputable Perdana V6 mechanic for me in KL area, maybe I could schedule a few hours to bring him along to inspect a few cars I have shortlisted, and I dont mind paying him a consultation fee for his good work. Eventually I'll be going to him for any major services.

I have a few Dealers that I'd like to visit by this week (Between Christmas & New Year), But I would be very happy if you could also suggest to me a Reputable Perdana V6 2008 Dealer in KL. You can PM me or reach me at [email protected], not an issue.

Thanks much guys, hope you all have a great Holiday this season.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Good Day Gentlemen,

I'm looking for a reputable Perdana V6 2008 (A) Car Dealer in KL. With a budget that is similar to what we all see in Carlist.com, between 28K to 35K. I think I can afford this luxury despite the 2014 predicted economic up-scaling from our beloved ministers, and it is time for me to own a proper car to cruise my Clients around KL & JB.

I'm aware there was a thread this year that is similar to what I have posted, but since its more than 6 months ago and the market should have changed quite a bit, I am looking for updated information regarding my intention. I love this car, needless to say. I dont mind the maintenance and care for it, at least I know its worth it compared to having a woman. But I'd like to reduce the risk of running into transmission problems, which this car has a notable history of. The fuel and maintenance and blah blah, not an issue for me, but my major concern would a scenario of having my Newly Bought Perdana V6, breaks-down in the middle of nowhere, with my potential Clients in it with no mobile line service.. You get the picture..

I would be in debt to you, Perdana Owners, if you could recommend me a reputable Perdana V6 mechanic for me in KL area, maybe I could schedule a few hours to bring him along to inspect a few cars I have shortlisted, and I dont mind paying him a consultation fee for his good work. Eventually I'll be going to him for any major services.

I have a few Dealers that I'd like to visit by this week (Between Christmas & New Year), But I would be very happy if you could also suggest to me a Reputable Perdana V6 2008 Dealer in KL. You can PM me or reach me at [email protected], not an issue.

Thanks much guys, hope you all have a great Holiday this season.
bro, my advice if you're buying a perdana, get from end user rather than used car lot. at least the end user will tell u bout the history bout the car, & pv6 gearbox is very fragile, so if u encounter any slight jerking or late gear change, walk away from it.

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Any brothers here have repainted their perdana? I am what you call a perfectionist, so I would prefer a shop that also shares the same traits, I dont mind paying slightly more, but not for those imported car levels, maybe say rm 2~3k for metallic black inside out?

I can't stand the sight of paint chips here and there.

Do advise.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Any brothers here have repainted their perdana? I am what you call a perfectionist, so I would prefer a shop that also shares the same traits, I dont mind paying slightly more, but not for those imported car levels, maybe say rm 2~3k for metallic black inside out?

I can't stand the sight of paint chips here and there.

Do advise.
my bro-in-law previously repainted his Odyssey at Perkifa, then my dad repainted his Merc W203 at G1Sprayworks.
both looks nice/ok to me. the price also reasonable.

its just the matter of dealing with the towkey of the spray shop.
tell him what u want and how u want it and ask for a guarantee.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Just now inquired central lock for driver front door from Proton, RM8XX, said Proton not making, its from Sushi Land. omg

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
u mean the switch panel?

use the japan power window switch panel, it controls the central lock as well.
rm80 only.
It's the lock 'gun' I refer to, not power windows switch control panel.

By the way, I got this power windows switch for RM15 said is for Eterna/Perdana, but the socket is totally different, 10-pin vs stock 5-pin...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

From a necessity, the internet has evolved into one of the most important communications medium of today. And with such importance stands today, Malaysia’s first national automotive maker Proton had announced their collaborative move with one of the most advanced 4G networks in the world, Yes, in producing Malaysia’s first 4G internet cars. This new feature will be as a standard, starting from the upcoming new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience