Perdana V6 Community Forum *

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
if u plonk in powderful engine, the chasis need upgrade. 6a12tt not slow. u just got to experience it first. indeed in stock form the boost not that high.mine is at 1bar.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i thought 6a12 still on speed cable? got come out weird noise or not?

Danz, normally how much u get charged to replace Driveshaft? i got charged 500 to replace those 2nd hand include labour, but till now prob didnt settle. CyCar called me and inform that ipoh got some dealer, so if the price is good i might get xtra DS to whack the mekanik for failing to rectify the damn problem after so many trip.

so additional problem that mekanik highlighted is the engine mounting. He mentioned that the engine is quite close to the chasis / under bar. i have nvr peekaboo other 6a12tt so not sure if its like that or some prob occur.

also the exhaust piping is kinda hitting the rear link, i think its rear subframe link or something like that. the name just couldnt come up to my head now. geez. so you think got any bad effect?

Marshal and Namejoker, 6A12TT !!!!!:listen::driver:
i replaced my short drive shaft with new ones from Cycar RM150, since i was using 6a12tt manual, there is no new DS for the long shaft, therefore i need to send it for recond, they charged me RM100 to replace both joints. u can recond your long DS as long its not bend, cracked or broken.

if not u have to search halfcuts for it.

if not mistaken for perdana manual using 232 gbox able to use pv6 long DS, its the same dimension.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

workmanship cant remember but if not mistaken its about rm100 to change both sides.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
hahaha..the time will come..need to jinak2 with high speed first..cannot jump straight to high power...6a12 sound nicer..haha

u do piggyback first..i want to see the gain..worth it or not..hahahaha..

same mod as mine..after stabilizing my electrical equipment..

just ordered :
-dayco timing belt kit
-iridium spark plug
-best i cable

next will be hotbits exhaust part, not sure to do full or only extractor and rear section or only rear section. the sound quite nice

IINM white smoke only cause by the seal..
white smoke sometime valve seal, sometimes piston ring, sometimes turbo kong.
depends on the situation.

I want join 6A12 auto :biggrin:
my km/h meter not running emm sensor maybe
perdana use speed cable connected near the rear mounting point on gbox.
maybe speed cable rosak or meter rosak.
ur odometer and tripmeter jalan tak?

laterlaa...hahaha...6a12 + tt not advisable? low boost only
Bolt On Turbo (BOT) not advisable la.
got turbo engine, do straight swap la. haha..
4G engine also sound can be good. :thefinger:

if u plonk in powderful engine, the chasis need upgrade. 6a12tt not slow. u just got to experience it first. indeed in stock form the boost not that high.mine is at 1bar.
wow high boost TT nih.. :driver:

nameejokerx

Aug 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
maybe will go for overhaul only and add little mod. if got extra car maybe can put the perdana for project car. scared car always stuck in workshop. somemore still satisfy with the performance and FC. can go more than 500km in full tank in daily drive(most on highway).
bang neuro, see u next week. tonite will go back hometown. next week i'm free, my wifey will not joining so can borak more on car:biggrin:.

how about eletrical current? is it good to grounding our perdana? which part we can connect the grounding cable?
claim by using Qmax Nano Technolgy Grounding Cable, it increased 9.7hp through dyno test but the price is expensive. you will be surprise.
Proton Perdana V6Photo Conducted Dyno Test the best grounding kit.hks grounding cable,kicker grounding wire,audison power cable,
i follow one old thread where to connect the grounding cable.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
maybe will go for overhaul only and add little mod. if got extra car maybe can put the perdana for project car. scared car always stuck in workshop. somemore still satisfy with the performance and FC. can go more than 500km in full tank in daily drive(most on highway).
bang neuro, see u next week. tonite will go back hometown. next week i'm free, my wifey will not joining so can borak more on car:biggrin:.

how about eletrical current? is it good to grounding our perdana? which part we can connect the grounding cable?
claim by using Qmax Nano Technolgy Grounding Cable, it increased 9.7hp through dyno test but the price is expensive. you will be surprise.
Proton Perdana V6Photo Conducted Dyno Test the best grounding kit.hks grounding cable,kicker grounding wire,audison power cable,
serious? grounding cable give 9.7hp, that's not bad..
i already told my mechanic to do grounding cable, ayam brand although. if can gain 4hp, also not bad :biggrin:

nameejokerx

Aug 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
anyone heard or use Pulstar Iridium Spark Plugs?
saw the review and people mention it produce more power than other spark plug.
the price also produce more expensive than other:thefinger:
is it that good for perdana?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
my bro in law using a modded evo3 engine but using rm5 per pc RXZ spark plug.
dun believe that plugs will give u add hp, all bullshit, it will just increase the lifespan of the plugs so no need
to change so often as workmanship to change plugs in pv6 costs rm180.

nameejokerx

Aug 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
my bro in law using a modded evo3 engine but using rm5 per pc RXZ spark plug.
dun believe that plugs will give u add hp, all bullshit, it will just increase the lifespan of the plugs so no need
to change so often as workmanship to change plugs in pv6 costs rm180.
yes. better focus on rebuilding my engine rather than changing on little mods that do not add/add little power to my car.
maybe will re-tune or add piggyback if got extra money.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya

that car belongs to one of Vsixers member.
now the car is black in color..

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

yup.
grounding does not add power. but will enhance the grounding of critical equipment. without grounding, ur car wont even start.
sparkplug also wont add power. but a steady and big spark will ensure good detonation in the combustion chamber. and iridium do add longlife but is not as nice a sparkplug as copper ones.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

for perdana just use iridiums la, long lasting till 100K km.
no need to replace until the next major service.

sElAmAt

Jun 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
perdana use speed cable connected near the rear mounting point on gbox.
maybe speed cable rosak or meter rosak.
ur odometer and tripmeter jalan tak?
ya my speedometer, odometer n tripmeter not running. ...... tacometer still running

currently using denso spark plug so far ok

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
ya my speedometer, odometer n tripmeter not running. ...... tacometer still running

since all the meters connected to the speed cable is not functioning, i guess ur speed cable/sensor at the gbox rosak.
or maybe the meter. try swapping with a different meter first coz swapping the speed cable is a bit troublesome. hehe..

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

Did you install piggyback? If yes check the speed cut removal wire is it came off already. I had the same problem as you, checked everything at last found the speed cut removal wire came off from my piggyback.. :banghead::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys. I am getting an ATF cooler for my Persona, sourced and gonna by it. Been wanting it since the first year of ownership.
Because whenever I go over 4000rpm during a hot day, it will rev another 200rpm just to change from 3 to 4. Not sure torque converter is slipping or the gears are.

Now, I was thinking during the process of fitting the ATF cooler, I wanna install ATF Temp Sensor simultaneously. Found a few on eBay, free shipping as well.

I am hoping not to drill my oem magnetic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience