Perdana SEi Gearbox Problem - Urgent

kanesh2k

Nov 14, 2006
Guys I am from KL precisely from Puchong, I work in PJ. I would need good mechanic contacts or best advice on my Perdana. There is this problem esp from gear 2 to gear 3 there is a bit of a free play as if it goes to free gear and then it shifts to gear 4. I overhauled the gearbox less than 6 months and yet there is further problems. Please help guys

lazariuk

Dec 26, 2006
Since you've already overhauled it and less than 6 month
i guess it's better for you to refer it back to to the place where you did it.
It should still under warranty... :wavey:

kanesh2k

Nov 14, 2006
Yes chief but the sad part I did it in Kempas Johor and when I called that guy he was like its out of warranty :(

lazariuk

Dec 26, 2006
What?! less then 6 month also out of warranty edy?
hmmm.. feel bad for u bro. Well i did mine at segambut.
It's a bit expensive but then i'm fully satisfy with it... already 2 years without any prob
re-occurs. You can try search Sun Eng Hup. :wavey:

kanesh2k

Nov 14, 2006
DanzEterna : Guys thank you for the replies... I spent about 1600 to replace the gearbox and the warranty is only for 4 months. I did it somewhere around last year December and now it has exceeded the warranty. I just have this gut feeling that its just a minor problem where a replacement might not be required. Was wondering if there are any good mechanics whom can service the censors...

lazariuk : That workshop you mentioned in segambut, how much did they charge you to replace the gearbox ?? One part of me the frustration having a not smooth car is killing me... Rather just change the current gearbox for good... :bawling:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
if u'd rather change it to manual box, u can find any Evo box (4G63T DOHC) or Perdana GLi (4G63 SOHC) or from 4G64 engine (312 gb) or Eclipse (4G63T DOHC)...

lazariuk

Dec 26, 2006
I would also agree with what Danz and Neuro says. It would be less maintenance for you to take care of... but if you still prefer the auto box then you might need to go and consult a few workshop around.
RM1600 is cheap bro, if compared to mine ler... hahahahahhh. Much cheaper i would say...
But then yours is SEi and mine is V6, not sure if it's using the same gb or not.
:burnout:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
yep.
manual box, less headache. (but i'm still auto also...)

actually can get that price in KL with 4-6 months warranty depending on the workshop.
and SEi gb is different from V6 gb..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, need some enlightenment from sifus here.

My ride is with DP0 gb as below

Now, after doing some online search, I was able to obtain both DP0 and AL4 transmission manuals. Also from my online readings, seems like the terms DP0 and AL4 are used interchangeably as though the two are similar. But, after reading (more like browsing through) both manuals, I'm a bit confused as the manual for DP0 recommend...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience