Perdana evo Vs Perdana eterna Twin Turbo

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
hai..
how much its cost for maintainence evo III engine...once. and how to taje care the engine which part we should give extra look in evo III engine...i'm happy to read all the sifu's diagnose about the topic....about the gb..evo III engine cant use auto gb rite....what gb suitable for the evo engine??
well i dun own any evo nor evo engines b4....but well taking care of it is pretty much the same as any other japanese turbo engine....service on a routine basis....and it shall do fine.....

but of coz..u'll need to find a good halfcut and a good mech to do your conversion to start of with.... remember, cheap things no good, good things not cheap...haha hence, a good evo 3 halfcut should still be going around 7k since GSR are still going at 6k+/-

any engine....the best gbox is the one that comes with it..from the factory...as that's been developed to work with and optimize the usage of the power band of the engine.... do note though, evo gear ratios tend to be a lil' shorter....

lastly, i'm not a pro...and i dun even drive a turbo now....just sharing some info here..cheers

Last edited:

zariel_faiz

Jun 11, 2007
hai..
for a normal engine...when we do the maintainence..we change the engine oil, change the tear thing...and what should i check for evo III engine....oil engine, anything?? i need to know...can any body teach me??and anything about evo III..

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Closer ratio...i think...correct me.

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Maintenance normal only...
Unless you have heavily mods on your evo3 engine. Then, there are more to be cautioned.

zariel_faiz

Jun 11, 2007
Maintenance normal only...
Unless you have heavily mods on your evo3 engine. Then, there are more to be cautioned.
hai..
if the egine is heavily mode....what should i give more attention.....

trojan

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Madagascar
www.friendster.com
normally people call it close ratio gear box....it is not change gear at low rpm...

the main different with normal gearbox is ratio...normally with standard g/box, u can notice a huge drop of rpm during gear changing...but with a close ratio gearbox, the rpm drop is significantly reduced thus accelerate better than normal...

if anyone got better explanation is most welcome...

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
shorter or yes, closer ratio means...

u'll have shorter time between gears to upshift.... well that fosters faster response.....however it also means difference of higher rpm to speed....

i.e.

a 6A12, can be cruising at 110km/h on 3k rpm or slightly less

a 4G63 from the evo, will be running 3k or slightly higher rpm to cruise at the same speed...hence less economical...

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
hai..
if the egine is heavily mode....what should i give more attention.....
its not really recommended to get a heavily modded engine for transplant...
mainly becoz, u wouldn't know the mods done, next the reliability of the engine and lastly wat's the fun? haha

should get a decent good stock condition halfcut..and start there...less headache..more potential for mods and fun....

zariel_faiz

Jun 11, 2007
bro..
Of course i will get the stock evo III engine...what i mean is how to take care...for stock engine v6 i know what to look for but for the evo III engine i think it diffrence.....i heard it about the oil bearing turbo or something else...please fill me with info...tq

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
dun think there's anything in specific that you should look for....if you are getting a stock standard halfcut....just get a reliable mech to check it out and acquire it for ya...

usual checks, would be looking for oil/carbon deposits inside the cam cover, oil leakage signs around the block, and of coz smooth silent turbine with no white smoke emission... starting the engine would be essential b4 purchase....

btw, i think evo III's still running on usual oil-cool TD05, and not ball bearing ones....

lan_eterna

8,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Cheras/S.Alam
www.freewebs.com
bro..
Of course i will get the stock evo III engine...what i mean is how to take care...for stock engine v6 i know what to look for but for the evo III engine i think it diffrence.....i heard it about the oil bearing turbo or something else...please fill me with info...tq
u know how to maintain v6 tt engine then u should know also how to maintain evo hehe

mine have evo 3 engine on satria n done minor mod..simply normal maintenance like other car only change to better oil, filter..check for any leaking,hose clamp tat all ;)

pls ensure u get expert mechanic to do ur mdo evo on perdana :driver:

zariel_faiz

Jun 11, 2007
u know how to maintain v6 tt engine then u should know also how to maintain evo hehe

mine have evo 3 engine on satria n done minor mod..simply normal maintenance like other car only change to better oil, filter..check for any leaking,hose clamp tat all ;)

pls ensure u get expert mechanic to do ur mdo evo on perdana :driver:
hai..
i mean V6 engine not v6 tt engine...this is my first experience to have a turbo engine such as evo III engine....can you recomend a good mechanic for transplant engine work....i got one in shah alam it call D9 auto service...did any one heard about it.:itsme:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

I've recently converted to vr4 240. The question is :

If my mechanic somehow salah pasang timing belt, can it cause my car to stutter at idle (jus like using high cam)
cause my car after the conversion at low rpm stutter and idles juz like using high cam. Driving at low rpms/speed is difficult becos of this problem. Checked the injectors , plugs,cable, timing, t/body etc but still the same effect. At high rpm okay but can here "tek tek tek" sound(like the valve's sound but im not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience