Perdana Engine Conversion Help

mathavan

Nov 13, 2005
Hi im still new here, Im driving a perdana 2.0sei, its been 11 years and i think its time for me to change the engine,cause the engine is dying, so i need suggestions from the experts, im not into turbo at all cause im sharing my car with my wife, i also need a good shop to do the conversion around K.L or J.B cause im currently stationed in J.B, pls also provide me the prizes like, sorry for asking so much, thanks in advance for all ur kind answers, it doesnt matter auto or manual engine

Cheers

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
yo bro...same car here~!!! haha
i oso planning to change engine....but sumtime tink....tat car so old aledi....prefer save $$$ and work more effort to get other car~
mine is manual version.....ur's is auto?

normaly sei driver nowadays also change their perdana to the twin turbo V6..... but if u duwan turbo go for JDM model 6a12 NA engine la....haha b4 i oso go tink about go for tis type engine also

mathavan

Nov 13, 2005
Hey man thanks for ur advice, what do u think about Perdana V6 engine? Do u think its worth, im now using auto le, initial take off sucks, do u think i can use a V6 engine with manual gear box, how much does it cost, and do u know any workshop that does that, i got a pm from a member also, just to compare the best price, Thanks again

Cheers

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
erm....a FTO half cut include sport ECU with manual 6a12Na RM2500~3000....labour 1200++ lidat but tis type Na engine hard to find~!!! but last time i went klang there...i saw got a V6Na half cut lay over there la...
price may be can be less la...

mathavan

Nov 13, 2005
Hi bro ive heard bout this engine few months back from my friend, i also heard that this engine very hard to find, the price looks okay to me, but must have the luck to find it, how do u find ur car condition rite now, btw how old is ur car? What engine r u using rite now?

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
i still using the 4g63 engine with the mabual Gbox....
but now got white smoke aledi.....
plan to repair bek and change a car in 1~2years time so din tink transplant engine anymore~
now oso stop spend money on play car outlook....bcoz plan to sell...

mathavan

Nov 13, 2005
i still using the 4g63 engine with the mabual Gbox....
but now got white smoke aledi.....
plan to repair bek and change a car in 1~2years time so din tink transplant engine anymore~
now oso stop spend money on play car outlook....bcoz plan to sell...
im also facing the same white smoke problem lo, last time my engine got no sound and vibration, but now getting worst, im getting a friend of mine to find the engine for me. how much u spend for manual gerabox, any pictures of ur car

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
nola...me is original 4g63....
anyway...if u reali wan continue drive tis car.....faster transplant the engine....
bcoz all the perdana part arive 100000km start to rosak....especially auto Gbox...
tat is the experience among all my perdana fren....

mathavan

Nov 13, 2005
nola...me is original 4g63....
anyway...if u reali wan continue drive tis car.....faster transplant the engine....
bcoz all the perdana part arive 100000km start to rosak....especially auto Gbox...
tat is the experience among all my perdana fren....
agree with you friend, mine started to have problem after 100k, what is the best sollution, change engine and gaerbox? Im now trying hard to find 6A12 manual, c my luck can get or not. Hey thanks for your feedback man. Cool

Cheers

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
simple,juz get a twin turbo manual and dump into ur bay.it is a pretty smooth engine,won't frighten ur wife,and will make u easy when take off other cars

mathavan

Nov 13, 2005
simple,juz get a twin turbo manual and dump into ur bay.it is a pretty smooth engine,won't frighten ur wife,and will make u easy when take off other cars
Thanks Bro

puyukrl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2007
Hi guyz, i also own a perdana. Mine is a V6. Just clock 100k mileage about a month back and like all of you said, it start giving problems. When i sent the car to change all the beltings, the mechanic told me the engine mounting has worn out, head gasket leaking, worn-out drive-shaft, leaking autogear box oil sump, alarm not working properly/ no sound, need to change the valve or something in the engine head coz its making sound. The valve thing as i was told is around Rm140 each and a V6 has 24 of them. (just imagine RM140x24) I was told all of that would cost me a lot and it is a better option if I change the engine, e.g: 6A12tt. Better in term of performance and money (expensive to overhaul the v6 engine). He said some half-cut 6A12TT has low mileage as low as 30k only and are far more superior in terms of quality. What do you guys think? Any suggestion? Which is the better option, fixing all the problems or changing the engine? I don't prefer a turbo engine becoz its more expensive to take care off then the NA version and its fuel consumption is very bad but I was told by the mechanic the turbo engine has good fuel consumption if I drive it normal (not fast all the time). If NA engine version, can i get the FTO Mivec V6 for my car? I was also told the Mivec V6 version for my Perdana comes from Eterna and not from FTO. Maybe the engine mounting is a bit different. I not a speed demon, but i don't mine going fast sometimes. Some help here please? Thank you.
P/S: Mathavan, i believe you can convert your car engine to a 4g63t (turbo)engine becoz of the engine mounting. The engine is also cheap nowdays and I believe the spare-parts is also chaep and easy to get. Maybe chaeper than a perdana v6 engine and V6 spare parts.

mathavan

Nov 13, 2005
Hi guyz, i also own a perdana. Mine is a V6. Just clock 100k mileage about a month back and like all of you said, it start giving problems. When i sent the car to change all the beltings, the mechanic told me the engine mounting has worn out, head gasket leaking, worn-out drive-shaft, leaking autogear box oil sump, alarm not working properly/ no sound, need to change the valve or something in the engine head coz its making sound. The valve thing as i was told is around Rm140 each and a V6 has 24 of them. (just imagine RM140x24) I was told all of that would cost me a lot and it is a better option if I change the engine, e.g: 6A12tt. Better in term of performance and money (expensive to overhaul the v6 engine). He said some half-cut 6A12TT has low mileage as low as 30k only and are far more superior in terms of quality. What do you guys think? Any suggestion? Which is the better option, fixing all the problems or changing the engine? I don't prefer a turbo engine becoz its more expensive to take care off then the NA version and its fuel consumption is very bad but I was told by the mechanic the turbo engine has good fuel consumption if I drive it normal (not fast all the time). If NA engine version, can i get the FTO Mivec V6 for my car? I was also told the Mivec V6 version for my Perdana comes from Eterna and not from FTO. Maybe the engine mounting is a bit different. I not a speed demon, but i don't mine going fast sometimes. Some help here please? Thank you.
P/S: Mathavan, i believe you can convert your car engine to a 4g63t (turbo)engine becoz of the engine mounting. The engine is also cheap nowdays and I believe the spare-parts is also chaep and easy to get. Maybe chaeper than a perdana v6 engine and V6 spare parts.
Agree with you friend, V6 is way too high in terms of price, its a good engine but easily worn out, in my opinion better dun go for a twin turbo, high petrol consumption, NA engine is the best, manual gearbox is the best, u know how perdana auto gearbox works. Plan everything bro, its a engine, a heart of the car. Im still planning for 6A12 manual engine, maybe u can also find out the psice and compare it with 6A12tt, V6 always consume lot of petrol, if its a V6tt cant imagine how fast its going to drink, nope im not going for it

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
well contrary to your believe...

V6TT...especially the manual...is more fuel savvy than the stock v6 auto..:)

due to more efficient power to weight ratio...and also your right foot that is...

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
if i am not wrong,the fto is transverse version of engine with perdana,meaning that the timing belt is at the other side.

and bear in mind that,mechanic yield for money.they can always said this and that especially when ur car cannot be move and park at his workshop

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wanted to buy autoglym wax.. got any sifus out thr can tell me autoglym wax or meguairs wax which is good.... thanx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience