Parking brake-shoe ?

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Guys,

Any of you guys changed the parking brake-shoe before ?

how much per sets (left & right)

mine definitely thinner than this below pic..

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
I think since it is use only when the car is parked, there should be minimal wear and tear unless you drive with the handbrake on. Nope..have not even touch it since I've got the car...

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i noticed that my hand-brake need to pull quite high
in order to fully lock the parking-brake.
does it means time to changed the brake-shoe d ?
or just simply go workshop to adjust it tighter (since it is use only when in park)?

noticed mine (the brake-shoe) is quite thin (compares with the 2nd pic i attached
above) when went to workshop to take out the rear disc for skimming..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
wfhan: Ya wor bro...mine also lately I think about 2 years roughly I have to pull the handbrake to max only can lock the whole car from slopping down especially when I stop at those slope during traffic light...that is why I dare not park my car on the slope like a lot of ppl do when there is insufficient parking space left in Shopping Malls or anywhere else that is not level.

Really afraid that my handbrake might fail me and roll down on its own. I also not quite sure if rosak or not but I think last time the handbrake is not as weak as that. There are a few times I forgot my handbrake but it was only awhile that I drove away from a halt. Can't be that serious can it be? to cause such damage to the handbrake. I don't even drift with handbrake either lolz! :rofl:

gti-wly

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
putrajaya
The handbrake leaver can be adjusted. Once I've gone to Vision and they did mine. Not sure how tho.. It think need to adjust the cable only...

If you park the car on sloppy ground, for AT, of course you need to put it in Park, and for MT car, just put it in 1st gear. But do remember to switch back to Neutral before starting the car. or else....

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
If you think that yr brakeshoe is thin and you are not comfortable with it, go change it. Don't think it is expensive considering the safety issue.

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Hey mike,

The drum brake shoe looks OK to me,unless its cracked or chip..change it!
The parking brake like any moving parts of the car does require some servicing...more so if the car is used as a weekend car or occasionally used.The brake dust,rust and dirt can cause it to be 'sticky'
And if you need to change be careful when ordering as there are size differences

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So, it means if your handbrakes can't really hold the car much and I would have to pull it to the max to lock the wheels is it consider as faulty? Cuz I was not sure if stock was lke that when I realised that the handbrakes have to be pull up to the max to lock it. My car is adi 5 years old btw.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
If you think that yr brakeshoe is thin and you are not comfortable with it, go change it. Don't think it is expensive considering the safety issue.
Hey mike,

The drum brake shoe looks OK to me,unless its cracked or chip..change it!
The parking brake like any moving parts of the car does require some servicing...more so if the car is used as a weekend car or occasionally used.The brake dust,rust and dirt can cause it to be 'sticky'
And if you need to change be careful when ordering as there are size differences
Thanks... greytezza & 1jztezza,
will consider cleaning/blowing the dust away & making adjustment to tighten it first.

So, it means if your handbrakes can't really hold the car much and I would have to pull it to the max to lock the wheels is it consider as faulty? Cuz I was not sure if stock was lke that when I realised that the handbrakes have to be pull up to the max to lock it. My car is adi 5 years old btw.
firstly, better ask mechanic to check & see if adjustment can done.
only replace it if it already worn 'til the 'min' indicator.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my iswara currently running on LMST full exhaust system( muffler n the exact piping taken from LMST)...

if i'm not mistaken, the piping diameter is bigger than the ordinary iswara isnt it??

if i change the piping diameter to smaller 1... what will happen? I mean like any changes?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience