Opti-Coated: Blinding White Civic

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Hi All,

We now return to you with a brand spanking new white Honda Civic ......(this was done last year in 2013). Only now I manage to back date the posting.

The owner of this car is the brother of the owner of the white VW Golf. He became very interested and excited after seeing his sister's VW Golf and decided to have the car corrected and coated.

Going thru the sister, an appointment was made and so..... the car was delivered to me in the early morning as I requested. Start early... more time to concentrate on the correction and coating.

So... car was delivered to me really really early in the morning.... when the sun was just rising.

The usual road dirt being kicked up by this massive 2.0 powerplant in the front

Woot.... looks almost good enough for coating.... even without washing.... from far that is....

From near..... again the bane of all white cars.... acid rain marks aka zebra marks aka black tears aka ihatethesekindamarks.

More of that around the car.... dirt, zebra marks...... white car is really not easy to maintain.

Door hinge area.... not just dirty... its also... greasy....

I mean.... why overload the hinge with so much grease that it begins to flow out....

Some random dust with water... let this bake under the sun and you get the bane of paintworks.... watermarks...

Okay, lets move on to some cleaning... deep cleaning... after the entire car was given a nice bubble bath with Osren Bubble & Wax..... its time to spray some IronX......

A closer look at the IronX eating away all those metallic unseen unknown gritty dust sticking on the car paint.

You know.... I have been using IronX so many times..... on so many cars.... I still love the effect it produces on white cars...

Which is why I snapped so many photos of it...... but I still HATE the smell.

After much attempt to capture the defects on the car paint... this is what I manage to get.... hopefully you see the damages on the paint.

Water beading....... not really... this is just after washing and deep cleaning... totally rubbish beading... if you even call it beading.... I know some bangla car wash would call these as totally awesome beading... but not me.

Some unknown defect on the chrome door handle......

The usual dirt on the door area....

After a quick wipe with OPC..... sanity restored

The door itself.....

After OPC treatment..

The side skirts... mainly forgotten areas.

A quick clean......

Now...... that the car is clean...we move on to.... correction...... just using a curtain to cover the windscreen from splashes...

After correction.... sorry, did not have any before photos of the paint condition....

As I have totally not taken much photos of the during progress....we will now jump to the coating....And what coating we used.... Optimum Coating.... Pro Edition...... The Longer Lasting One......The More Expensive One...... The....ONE LAR....

After coating..... given 1 hour to cure....... and we get...... sun shot with no flaws...

Check out the whiteness.....

I personally love the whiteness more than the glossness for this shot..

The lower front skirt have its own battle scar..... heck, what's a car without some scar to tell its tale of fast and furious...

Some final shots...

The bottom shot... that is hidden from the sun.... cause I was too lazy to drive the car fully out under the sun ......simply because it was a hot day.

Time spend: around 8 hours if i remembered correctly.
Products used: Osren Dual Action Polish (which has now been discontinued.... I loved that liquid), Lake County White and Black pad, Optimum Power Clean, Osren Bubble and Wax, Opti-Coat aka Opti-Guard, water, elbow grease, sweat.
Satisfaction Level: Epicly lovely.

Notes:
- White cars are not as easy to take care as some may tell you.
- White car may hide swirls but definitely not dirt.
- Acid rain mark can be washed off if you use stronger cleaner.... but make sure its paint safe... some car wash would use dish washing liquid... or worst.... soap powder to get the job done.
- A clean white car.... is always a head turner.... but a hydrophobic clean white car in the rain.... is the owner's pride.

Thank you for taking the time to read thru such a long boring journey. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I had enjoyed detailing the car. Please leave your feedback/comments be it good, bad, gibberish or just utter nonsense.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wassup all,

Firstly im new in this turbo/car stuff.Nw im using E3 engine with TD05H with all the stock parts(blowoff etc. etc.).The only thing that chng so far putting the wastegate (40mm).Just wanna get some advice on how to get more HP out frm the E3.What i should do first or change what or add what parts to gain few or extra HP...do let me know guys....:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience