Opinion on Proton Savvy

shenzoku

Feb 5, 2007

I'm planning to get a car and Proton Savvy caught my eye, just need some opinion from you guys what u think bout savvy? Especially Savvy owners, this car kacau a not? Is the maintainence high?

I don't get a chance to test drive a savvy because most of the Proton dealer do not have Savvy in their outlets now.

Appreciate if u guys reply.. THANKS. =)

Starkiller

Hartamas
Dont have a savvy but jsut my opinion:

1) From outside savvy looks good, really sleek design, tail light also really nice design.
2) Looks small and cramp but when i ask people they say its spacious and comfy.
3) Performance wise, it does its job :driver: .
4) After market merchandise also not bad for savvy.

if within budget, Get a neo bro :D hahahah :rofl:

shenzoku

Feb 5, 2007
Andrew,
Why not an AMT? i thought AMT is the unique part of a Savvy?

StarKiller
Neo is too much from my budget, and i'm getting a car for city drive, for working purpose only.. i heard that Savvy fuel consumption is good. Thus recently i went tru the net seems like no one complains bout Savvy. That's i'm surveying to get more opinion bout this car. Thanks for ur opinion anyway.. Cheers.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Andrew,
Why not an AMT? i thought AMT is the unique part of a Savvy?

StarKiller
Neo is too much from my budget, and i'm getting a car for city drive, for working purpose only.. i heard that Savvy fuel consumption is good. Thus recently i went tru the net seems like no one complains bout Savvy. That's i'm surveying to get more opinion bout this car. Thanks for ur opinion anyway.. Cheers.

Starkiller

Hartamas
hahah i see i see, its all good man no problems, happy to give opinions. Hey how about getting a myvi, much more spacious and fuel consumption wise very good, or a swift. Cause savvy seems abit small to me.

andrew_lsp

Oct 12, 2008
cause savvy is using hydraulic actuation visit proton service center you will know what i mean
i cant tell much here

just increase slightly on your mthly budget & get a myvi for long term,
u wont regret bro......few of my frens was using savvy few years ago, now most of them upgraded to myvi or persona......

shenzoku

Feb 5, 2007
Andrew.. can you Pm me bout the issue? thanks! appreciate if you do so.

Danz, Star,
I know comparatively Myvi will be better.. but the price for second hand is like double up. Savvy get around RM15k, but Myvi required around RM30k if not mistaken when i went tru motor trader last night.
Danz, what did your friends complained bout Savvy? mind sharing? thanks..

har1th7

Apr 1, 2008
bro... save some and get a neo instead ... if not later u'll regret one...

but if not possible and still want a savvy, just the savvy lite manual, thats is the cheapest one...

*stay away from AMT... that tech is need time get used to (same as Selespeed, SMG) ...

*stay away from viva (tin milo)...

Andrew.. can you Pm me bout the issue? thanks! appreciate if you do so.

Danz, Star,
I know comparatively Myvi will be better.. but the price for second hand is like double up. Savvy get around RM15k, but Myvi required around RM30k if not mistaken when i went tru motor trader last night.
Danz, what did your friends complained bout Savvy? mind sharing? thanks..
bro..we all know myvi would have higher resale value....alot of ppl are very sceptical towards savvy cos they might scared the same thing might happen like the tiara, it depends wat are u looking for?
are u studying or working? u just need a car to go from point a to point b or wat?

shenzoku

Feb 5, 2007
Danz,
I just started working, that's y is not i dun wan to buy myvi but restrain from it.
Kinda just looking for a car from point A to B where maintenance and FC is low.. that's all. =)

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Har,
I guess Savvy isn't a good car afterall huh. =) thanks for your opinion.

Starkiller

Hartamas
bro... save some and get a neo instead ... if not later u'll regret one...

but if not possible and still want a savvy, just the savvy lite manual, thats is the cheapest one...

*stay away from AMT... that tech is need time get used to (same as Selespeed, SMG) ...

*stay away from viva (tin milo)...
LOL! I AGREE! VIVA TIN MILO :p . Bro all the best in getting a savvy!

shenzoku

Feb 5, 2007
Viva like milo tin? very bad in sound proof?
Star, i need more opinion from others regarding to this car before i decide.. zzz..
thanks anyway. =)

hello friends and sifus.....i just do some minor modification on my satria neo...currently im installing 1 inch spacer into my wheels....so the problems is how can i diy to flip the arc fender myself....i have browsing the u tube and see how to do rear fender rolls....it required some machinery to do it...:wavey: