Nissan's Zama storage facility

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

One lucky Nissan 300ZX twin turbo fan was recently able to tour the manufacturer's famed Zama Operations Center in Kanagawa, Japan. The location is the home to Nissan's storage facility of historical automobiles and it is also the headquarters for specialty Nissan builder Autech. Amazingly, the visitor was able to escape alive with pictures. Being such a nice guy, he posted them up on TwinTurbo.net for our viewing pleasure, over a 150 photos in all. It would take a lifetime to recount the significance of all the vehicles captured on film (er pixels). However, we have chosen a few interesting finds that should be noted. Follow the jump for Nissan Heaven.

The only Nissan NP35 in existence. It was developed by NISMO as a modification of the P35 cars that were built by engineering firm Electramotive for the World Sportscar Championship.

The Nissan R390 built for the Le Mans GT1 class. Its best finish was in 1998 with a 3rd place finish behind Porsche.

The only road going R390 GT1 ever built. Who wants to touch it?

A variety of GTP cars built for the IMSA GT Championship by Lola and Electramotive.

The Nissan Mid4 prototype, it was used as a test mule for the VG engine (best known as Z32 powerplant) and Nissan's ATTESA all-wheel drive system.

The facility houses a plethora of former East African Safari rally cars.

A few Super Taiku endurance race cars show up in the photos.

The white R32 Skyline GT-R raced in the 1994 24 Hours of Daytona.

An S14 240SX chassis, complete with KA24DE engine, modified as an experiment in what direction to head with the next Z car.

One of only 250 R34 GT-R M-Spec Nurs in existence.

The storage unit is not without numerous JGTC and Super GT racecars.

One of a handful of four door R33 Skyline GT-Rs built by Autech.

Z33 Fairlady Z (350Z in U.S.) chassis number 1. It is surprising that it wasn't crushed.

Antique.

Source:
Autoblog

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
if i can just go there and visit that place.. then that will be one of my will before i die.. must see or my entire life is nufin.. heheheh.. damn.. all the cars in one place.. imagine that...

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
the r390 is so awesome!

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Awesome collection, but they missed the R33 and R34 Pennzoil Nismo GT-R inside the garage.

Anyway, wat Nissan model is this?

tengok kt plate die tulis ape... prototype eh? patut laa x pnh tgk..

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007
Awesome collection, but they missed the R33 and R34 Pennzoil Nismo GT-R inside the garage.

Anyway, wat Nissan model is this?

"The Nissan Mid4 prototype, it was used as a test mule for the VG engine (best known as Z32 powerplant) and Nissan's ATTESA all-wheel drive system."

...similar photos r group together.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, in the UK rhf4's are cheaper and easier to find than the td04 etc alot of you prefer, so I was looking for info on fitting an rhf4 to an L5 ... With that in mind I've a couple of questions for you:

1.Can an RHF4 (VF13) be fitted direct to an EF-RL or JB-JL?
If so what needs doing? new manifold? extra fuelling?

2. RHF3/4 Hybrid can someone tell me the best way to do this.
I would be looking at doing this myself and have a mate who can do a bit of machining.

Why do I ask...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience