Nid help!!!! = hid installation

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
Hey all sifu out there... pls guide me... i got a HID set 8000k... i installed it in my proton wira... It works... but de problem is the light on de driver side is brighter than passenger side... but when i install de HID into kancil, there is no problem.. Then i installed it into my fren's wira.. same thing happened.. driver side brighter, passenger side dimmer... WHY IS TIS HAPPENING????!!!

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
Thats a strange Problem , It could be a wiring Issue , Perhaps you not getting enough Power to the Left side ?

Is the headlight in your Car a Projector headlamp ? Because a projector Lamp is needed to focus the HiD correctly .

Maybe you could add a relay to the Circuit it the Power is Not Enough

"Why Would you want to use a relay and do u really need to? Anytime you want to switch a device which draws more current than is provided by an output of a switch or component you'll need to use a relay. The coil of an SPDT relay that we most commonly use draws very little current (less than 200 milliamps) and the amount of current that you can pass through a relay's common, normally closed, and normally open contacts will handle up to 30 or 40 amps. This allows you to switch devices such as headlights, parking lights, horns, etc., with low amperage outputs such as those found on keyless entry and alarm systems, and other components. In some cases you may need to switch multiple things at the same time using one output. A single output connected to multiple relays will allow you to open continuity and/or close continuity simultaneously on multiple wires" Quoted from Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers

Please View that Site for more information Regarding Relays

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
Erm.. But I've alredy added 2 relay like "relay harness".. De relay harness output is not to de ballast.. But H4 socket.. Im pretty sure its going 2 produce more power rite?

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Hi,
I drive a Perdana V6 and am thinking of Installing H.I.D too. I don't think I'll do it myself, as myself not pandai sangat ler. But my concern now is, from what I heard, H.I.D up to 4K is legal but anything above that..... Polis Kacau. Betul ke ?....

Anybody out there please clarify...
Also if can, please recommend good sets to go looking for. My budget is not big but as long as good buy can consider laa..

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
but its passenger side light dimmer... suppose 2 b install grounding to passenger side??

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
Haha.. ok ok.. tq very much.. i got few more question.. haha.. if i wan install de grounding kit.. isit compulsory 2 get a voltage stabiliser? don wan can?
n then 1 more.. i got de HID H4 Hi/Lo.. de yellow halogen bulb is burnt.. u noe where can i get de replacement? wad kind of bulb is tat anyway?

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
i dunno what kind of bulb, but mine also burnt. I got it replaced at accessory shop for RM20.

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
accessory shop got? but i went brothers asked they oso say don hav wo...

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
brothers = rip off shop. drop by a reputable accessory shop, they should be able to find one for you.

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
huh.... but they say dun hav.... arh... i nid it!! anybody noes??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know a good toyota workshop, not their service centre plss.. it cost a bomb to send old car to them, i am using toyota corolla 1992. need to do a complete engine overhaul..

looking for area in KL or Selangor..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience