Next Year F1 will be boring to watch!

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Heard next year the FIA will enforce more stupid rules to cut down the cost in F1. Something about switching from 3.0 V10 to 2.5 V8. To make it even worst all the F1 teams will have to use an engine management system given by the FIA. If in that case then all F1 cars will not have a lot of electronics. If the FIA want to decide which team deserve a good engine management system, means they decide which team should win the race.

No wonder Americans do not like F1 because there are a lot of lame politics involved in the sport. Lets see who which manufacturer would still compete in F1 for the 2008 season.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
v8 engine plan is set last year.BMW even once threaten FIA that they may quit F1 if FIA insist to have v8 engine for 2006 (but they end up buying Sauber, ehem). Ferrari and BMW already have their v8 engine in their power house for testing .

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
BlackSamurai said:
v8 engine plan is set last year.BMW even once threaten FIA that they may quit F1 if FIA insist to have v8 engine for 2006 (but they end up buying Sauber, ehem). Ferrari and BMW already have their v8 engine in their power house for testing .
I know the V8 engine rule for the 2006 season was set last year. Now they want to change the qualifying format for the 2006. Nigel Mansell a former F1 driver said "It's boring to watch todays Formula 1, all these rule changes were made to keep Ferrari from winning, but last year during the 2004 season the rules favoured them because they have a good record of engine reliability". Even an F1 legend thinks Formula 1 is boring.

Black Samurai try to watch Moto GP, World Rally, or any GT races. In my opinion these motorsports are more interesting to watch than F1. F1 is not about drivers pushing the limits anymore, now its more about nursing the car. Worst of all our sports channel here hardly mention anything about FIA GT Championship or BTCC. F1 is also about politics not motorsports.

zeroTohundred

Known Member
Apr 10, 2005
err...i still find F1 is the most exciting race among all.
Moto GP, went there last year, this year maybe will go again , just to support international motosport in Malaysia.

how do you define "pushing the limits" anyway? do u mean drivers have to blow their engine in every race? or keep the max revs for the entire race which will be suicidal?
i think the drivers are pushing the limits while taking care of their machine anyway.
Btw, may i ask if you involve in F1 teams, or FIA or something close to them? coz if you're not, to hell with the politics, just watch the god damn race.

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
true true..less electronics more driver skill, more over taking, brake locking, drifting.. nothing beats raw brut racing like those one make mini se7ens hehehehe

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
zeroTohundred said:
err...i still find F1 is the most exciting race among all.
Moto GP, went there last year, this year maybe will go again , just to support international motosport in Malaysia.

how do you define "pushing the limits" anyway? do u mean drivers have to blow their engine in every race? or keep the max revs for the entire race which will be suicidal?
i think the drivers are pushing the limits while taking care of their machine anyway.
Btw, may i ask if you involve in F1 teams, or FIA or something close to them? coz if you're not, to hell with the politics, just watch the god damn race.
What is the reason for F1 cars to have telemetry systems? Its for the engineers to monitor engine revs, temperature, fuel mixture and so on. If the stupid FIA were to get rid of electronic functions such as telemetry systems, this will put a great risk on the drivers because without it team engineers will not be able to inform their drivers about the condition of their engines. The team engineers are the ones that usually inform the drivers to reduce engine revs and so on. During the 2002 season F1 teams had 2-way pit telemetry system wherby the team engineers can actually monitor the engines air/fuel mixture and adjust them at the same time to either increase or decrease horsepower. The pit-stops last time was way much better to see because u see the cars being refueled and having their tyres changed at the same time.

So I guess u actually support the idea of the FIA to supply the F1 teams with their own engine management systems. Rather than letting the team and drivers controlling their cars, its the FIA that controls the F1 cars. If the FIA were to decide which driver should win the race then they control the race as well. If the FIA hate a certain team they can just supply them with faulty ems. No wonder English businessmen and politicians are pricks.

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Well F1 is a development ground for our road cars. If they stick too much to telemetry, aero downforce, tyre warmers etc.etc. well... those technologies can't be applied to road cars the same way it's applied to F1.

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
I'm getting fed up wif F1 nowadays....It looks more like politics than motorsport racing.... Changing rules here n there n sometimes very ridiculous rules juz......to keep ferrari from winning....

Sigh......

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
F1? Boring... prefer rally anytime... esp WRC 2005. If they have WRC locally here, I don't mind camping out in the jungle to watch. Get covered with mud and collect bits and pieces of rally cars during an accident. All worth it.

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
F1 will never do well in the U.S market

kher said:
I'm getting fed up wif F1 nowadays....It looks more like politics than motorsport racing.... Changing rules here n there n sometimes very ridiculous rules juz......to keep ferrari from winning....

Sigh......
Its really simple. During 80's and 90's, Mclaren & Williams were the teams that were dominating F1 also not to forget Bennetton during the 94 and 95 season. I find it unfair because when Mclaren and Williams were dominating F1 the FIA did not do so many rule changes. When Ferrari started dominating F1 in the millenium era Mr f*cked up idiotic Bernie Ecclestone and Max Mosley decides to do a lot of rule changes just to keep them from winning and also because they are an Italian team. In reality people know the reason why f*cked up Ecclestone and Mosley do the rule changes is because they can't stand Ferrari dominating. Lets face it British businessman are arrogant snobs. Mclaren and Williams had their chance already. Look at U.K most of the big businesses there are not owned by British, mostly by Middle Eastern, Pakistanis and Indians. The Brits there all work odd jobs and bcoz they are lazy. This Ecclestone just want to show the world that he is most successful Brit. With all his policies its no wonder that most of the car manufacturers in F1 are planning to start their own series. Ecclestone already proved to the Americans that he is a male chauvinist pig when he gave bad remarks about Indy Racing racer Danica Patrick.

Americans prefer to watch Indy Racing, Champ Car Series, and NASCAR more because their governing body lets the teams race their own race as long as their cars comply with regulations. Even though these races are held at Oval race tracks but the amount of spectators is huge compared to F1 racing in the U.S. I think F1 will not survive the U.S market that long because of the Michelin teams withdrawal during the last U.S GP even though Michelin promised to refund the spectators money back. With all the rule changes in F1 the Americans find it hard to follow F1.

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Introduce Pit Walkabout

Maybe F1 should follow Super GT / Japan GT.

Introduced Pit Walkabouts and Race Queens.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Audiences...80's...90's...not so many...nowadays...more people watching...Ferrari...dominating...boring...encourage more to watch...change rules...

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
si|verfish said:
Audiences...80's...90's...not so many...nowadays...more people watching...Ferrari...dominating...boring...encourage more to watch...change rules...
In Moto GP when Mick Doohan dominated the 500cc/Moto GP from 1994-1998, the FIM did not do any lame rule changes to stop him from dominating. The last rule change the FIM did was in 2002 season. The best thing about their rule change was the increase in engine capacity, 990cc 4-stroke engines replaced the 500cc 2-stroke engines. On certain tracks these bikes can achieve 360km/h. One of these days we won't b seeing F1 cars going more than 320km/h because the FIA wants to reduce engine capacity. Instead of upgrading they are degrading. 3.0 V10 engines going down to 2.5 V8 engines. One day after 2.5 V8 it will be 2.0 V6. How stupid can Max Mosley be? F1 was the pioneer in technology, now they are going back to the stone age. Maybe someday we can see Rossi's Yamaha overtaking an F1 car. No wonder Valentino Rossi could drive the Ferrari F2004 easily.

Last year a lot of people thought Rossi would not win the Moto GP championship because he switch from Honda to Yamaha. Well he proved the critics wrong.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
What has Rossi got to do with F1? Other than the fact that he is contemplating switching over, nothing at all.

And I can't really relate smaller engine capacity with going backwards? I think it's great in fact. Because it is a challenge to the engineers to finetune their abilities to build a small engine that produces as much power as possible. In fact, it would be moving forwards. Like the arms race during WW2 or the Coldwar. FIA sets new rule, teams find new, ingenius, technologically advance ways to overcome it. Imagine one day, F1 cars with 4 cylinder engines pushing 800+ bhp. Impossible? Who knows? Wouldn't you appreciate that technology if you could use some of that in your family saloon.

FYI, F1 used to run turbo-charged monsters and then they changed the rule for that. Is that going backwards then? Would you say todays F1 has degraded from those days then?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

DIY sifus especially JL, can we DIY this device? Like when the car speeds up to maybe 20km/h, then the door auto lock.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience