New workshop for ATR in Johor

Mtan

Jan 8, 2013
Singapore
Good news for fellow Trekkies in Johor and Singapore.
Franky who used to work for the DKC outfit in Tampines in Singapore has started a new workshop
In Bukit Indah. Newly set up and ready to go. Did my timing belt and water pump there yesterday just before the holidays and Alan ( supervisor) did a great job of clearing all the oil leakages from the oil seals. Car feels great after. Going back for the fuel filter as the Franky told me that the current supplier that he got was too expensive and will source for a better priced filter.
Got a complementry car wash as its located next to the car wash.
The OC packages seems very reasonable for Idemitsu and liqui-moly. Check it out yourself.
I am not related to Franky and got to know him after recommendations from a trusted tuner when I got my ride last Nov.

Attachments

veilx

Jul 20, 2010
Ipoh
Agree on you Mtan, did my servicing over there too. Great service I can said & they are friendly too.

Mtan

Jan 8, 2013
Singapore
Going there again soon to change my fuel filter as its not been changed yet after 146k km. hope that will help on the FC as some claimed that after changing.
Note there are plenty of Makan places around there and it's durian season, so many cheap and good ones just 30m from the workshop.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Chg fuel filter will improve FC? If the fuel moves more smoothly, isn't it'll deliver MORE FUEL? Hehehe

JUst joking. I'm sure the car will be more efficient.

Mtan

Jan 8, 2013
Singapore
Fuel filter changed today. Neat job, done in 30 mins. Very reasonable price. :biggrin:

Will report on whether any difference in the coming week.

Mtan

Jan 8, 2013
Singapore
Just confirmed that there is no difference in the fuel consumption, still having it as 7.5 to 8 km/ L.:banghead::banghead::bawling:
Now must try out other ideas to reduce FC.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
6.0-6.8km/L in city for my car... if 100% highway, can get almost 9km/L. Also depends on how fast I drive on highway. If around 160-190kph, it will be around 7.5km/L

Mtan

Jan 8, 2013
Singapore
My drive was in the city, what do you expect as we are a small place and crowded haha.
My drive on east coast mostly cruising on coastal road, was able to get 12km/L on 95/97octane mix.
So I think this is probably the best I could get out of this ride but still happy with it.
Time to change the lubes for the diff. It's been 23k km since last change.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
wah,oil change 23k km.u'r kidding rite?

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

btw rm300 for fuel filter is very expensive.normally cost around rm150.

Mtan

Jan 8, 2013
Singapore
My engine oil change is every 6k, I am referring to the other differential oil.
ATF oil changed every 10k.
Oops I paid too much for the fuel filter!
I thought it was reasonable, thanks anyway.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a 3 year old, neglected, mostly parked outdoor, next to no maintenance Mini Countryman. It looks pretty glossy at first glance but you will be shocked to find out how severely damage the car is. Read on.

Upon arrival, we did the routine walk around to spot extremely visible damages. The paint looks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience