New Myvi Auto tranny 1.3 vs 1.5

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
All I want to know is New Myvi Auto 1.3 vs 1.5 Fuel consumption wise.
I wana buy one, but some say 1.3 low cc better FC, some say 1.3 underpower which need more FC if compare to 1.5.

That made me confuse which to choose. May be any of you had this model, please provide me some detail on the FC, and only AUTO tranny I need to know:
1. How many % highway, how many % stuck in jam
2. How much u pump in RM, or liter (base on RM1.90/liter RON95), and what the mileage in total?
3. How many person in car normally.
4. 1.3 or 1.5 model

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

The first detail I gather
1. 50% vs 50%
2. RM63 for 450 km
3. only 1 person
4. 1.3 auto

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
My opinion and experience on both 1.3 and 1.5:

Myvi 1.3 isn't really underpowered. Of course, there are people who will laugh at my statement because they are driving an F1 car. Overtaking with a 1.3 at 70~100 km/h isn't difficult, unless you are doing sprint with a more powerful car. You should get one that suit your driving style instead of just looking at papers and experience from others. If you drive in the city often, get 1.3. If you often do 80-90 without much traffic jam, get 1.3. If you often drive more than 110kmh, get a 1.5 and god bless you. If you are those who often do zig zag in traffic, get a 1.5. If you like to have a little lagi power to play with, get 1.5 (by lagi power I mean lagi power, not very power. Many people like to come and say "what? Myvi power? Power turtle la")

For normal driving, the 1.3 FC is good compared to 1.5. Unless you drive like an ah beng, I don't see why the 1.3 FC will be worse. I can get an average of 14.5km/l - some highway cruise at 80-90kmh and traffic jam in a 1.5.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Your choice is dependent on your usage. If you carry yourself or two most of the time a1.3L Myvi will very well fulfill your requirements especially on fc. If you need to carry entire family most days 1.5L will carry the load better.
If you think performance and speed, fc should be the least if not last concern.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Myvi 1.3 and Myvi 1.5 sucks balls compared to the Mitsu Mirage for FC. :biggrin:

But like what sifu guru besar cvkit has said, ultimately it boils down to how you drive. When I was driving my Wira 1.5 I could get 10km/L to 15km/L depending on how I drive. But to be fair my car isn't standard la. Heavy footed + revving kaokao = bad fc. True and applies to all cars.

Personally, I'd get the 1.5. At least I'd have the power anytime I need it.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Myvi 1.3 and Myvi 1.5 sucks balls compared to the Mitsu Mirage for FC. :biggrin:

But like what sifu guru besar cvkit has said, ultimately it boils down to how you drive. When I was driving my Wira 1.5 I could get 10km/L to 15km/L depending on how I drive. But to be fair my car isn't standard la. Heavy footed + revving kaokao = bad fc. True and applies to all cars.

Personally, I'd get the 1.5. At least I'd have the power anytime I need it.
What power? Power to get turtled ka? :biggrin::biggrin:

1.5 is 50k +...where else the 1.3 S edition is only 40k +. 10K difference for the engine itself. The S Edition has SE Bodykits and all black interior just like the SE. It's quite a big bang for buck actually, the S edition.

Mirage is 1.2 and is a smaller car compared to myvi but with a whopping price of 60-70k, I would rather get the CKD Jazz man. At least got vtec, vsc, disc front and back, and Honda. Not to say mitsu isnt good, it is less popular than Honda in Msia. And I dont think that Mirage can give you the omph when you wana overtake cars lol. City driving, perfect.

How many times do I have to make myself clear...im just a tofu...tofu goreng ada tofu rebus ada tofu busuk ada tofu kering tofu jepun tofu buatan sendiri :laugh::laugh:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Lol I'm tofu only...mana ada sifu..
Takumi Malaysia!

What power? Power to get turtled ka? :biggrin::biggrin:

1.5 is 50k +...where else the 1.3 S edition is only 40k +. 10K difference for the engine itself. The S Edition has SE Bodykits and all black interior just like the SE. It's quite a big bang for buck actually, the S edition.

Mirage is 1.2 and is a smaller car compared to myvi but with a whopping price of 60-70k, I would rather get the CKD Jazz man. At least got vtec, vsc, disc front and back, and Honda. Not to say mitsu isnt good, it is less popular than Honda in Msia. And I dont think that Mirage can give you the omph when you wana overtake cars lol. City driving, perfect.

How many times do I have to make myself clear...im just a tofu...tofu goreng ada tofu rebus ada tofu busuk ada tofu kering tofu jepun tofu buatan sendiri :laugh::laugh:
Yeah man. 50k+ I can get sedans. Persona, Saga, some sec cars...
Steadier, and kena less bullying!

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Takumi Malaysia!

I wish. Not wishing to be a racer, but wish to have a tofu business.. at least running own business haha

Yeah man. 50k+ I can get sedans. Persona, Saga, some sec cars...
Steadier, and kena less bullying!
Persona and saga cant match myvi FC. In terms of safety, myvi has 3 stars and sirion got 4 stars. 1 star lost because of accessories but chasis is the same. Persona and BLM also max 3 stars, depending on which variant coz there's one 1 star saga lol

Steadier, yes. Myvi is less steady compared to many cars. Its an everyday normal car so it's again down to what you want. The acceleration of 1.5 is actually considered good compared to other cars. Give you less headache when wana overtake. I tried out accelerate a slyphy at genting going uphill. I wanted to go into his lane to avoid a crawling lorry. So i signaled, start to turn and this bugger slyphy accelerates! I accelerated too and managed to get into his lane without much fuss. Not to say myvi is better sylphy, but I just wana make a point that you can have less headache to overtake even cars like sylphy.

And also, TS is gone again :ROLF:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
How about the mighty Tohyohtah Veeyos?

Buy the Myvi 1.5L else you will regret 9 9. The FC difference is negligible.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
How about the mighty Tohyohtah Veeyos?

Buy the Myvi 1.5L else you will regret 9 9. The FC difference is negligible.
dugong fc and turtle fc are quite the same. Driving style takes precedence. Yah..negligible if you're rich. My friend's 1.3 hits 500km ++ every full tank whereby mine only sometimes. Average full tank milage I would say 450km (not including reserve tank which is about 8 litre). Not to mention his is auto and mine is manual.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
dugong fc and turtle fc are quite the same. Driving style takes precedence. Yah..negligible if you're rich. My friend's 1.3 hits 500km ++ every full tank whereby mine only sometimes. Average full tank milage I would say 450km (not including reserve tank which is about 8 litre). Not to mention his is auto and mine is manual.
Your foot is an anchor and your friend's foot is a feather.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
No wonder bro you able to accelerate fast enough when there is a sylphy. I don't think a cvt tranmission got a good pulling power during uphill compare to your traditional manual (mine too). And I do agree with you, buying a mirage i will choose the honda Jazz ckd version.

**out of topic
Bro, try chemlube manual gear oil. You will like it.