New method of measuring fuel consumption/efficiency

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Where did you find this person? I wanna go visit the site and troll him.

If both cars were to go uphill at the same rate, the 1.5 is not going to go further just because of displacement, it'll just have less effort going uphill. The rate of fuel burning is exactly the same assuming all factors are the same. In fact, if anything I think the 1.5 will burn more assuming the 1.3 doesn't bother trying to accelerate harder to go faster.

And what the hell is "pressure of the wind"?
Yup, bigger capacity will take more A/F too.

Wind Pressure aka wind resistance.....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Where did you find this person? I wanna go visit the site and troll him.

If both cars were to go uphill at the same rate, the 1.5 is not going to go further just because of displacement, it'll just have less effort going uphill. The rate of fuel burning is exactly the same assuming all factors are the same. In fact, if anything I think the 1.5 will burn more assuming the 1.3 doesn't bother trying to accelerate harder to go faster.

And what the hell is "pressure of the wind"?
Facebook. LOL. I can PM you the profile. SupraFanatics knows who he is. I showed him the post at fb and he told me to post it out here and share to you all :rofl:

Maybe he thought that, for example
Murcielago and Kancil going at a straight like as long as 1km
Let's say Murcielago finishes the 1km distance in 20 seconds.
Kancil reaches it in 100 seconds.
Both cars on full throttle of course.
If I applied the theory of this person, does that mean Kancil uses more petrol than Murcielago because Murcielago is on full throttle for 20 sec while Kancil is on full throttle for 100 sec.
I guess that is how he measures fuel consumption. :rofl:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If the lambo throttle is the same as of kancil's, it probably wouldnt even reach the end line after an hour

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Lemme guess. He has an RX8, and wants to convert to NGV?

Or is it the GTR owner who wants smaller tires and brakes?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I really :banghead: when Renesis told me what he read.

There are lots more that Renesis havent mentioned :rofl: .

According to this guy, Higher cc cars definitely better FC than lower cc cars because
the engine power of Myvi 1.5 is higher than the 1.3 Myvi, so 1.5 Myvi surely saves more fuel. Cuz we don't need to step so much on the pedal to gain speed but myvi 1.3 have to :rofl:

Something like that from what I remember.

So according to his concept, a Nissan Fairlady 370Z would have better FC than a 1.5myvi then? :laugh: :banghead:

If our way of measuring FC by pumping full tank and calculate the distance our car can travel with 1 full tank petrol is wrong and just computer calculated formula, then what is his formula or theory? Own Theory and common sense? :laugh:

Not base on facts or anything to back up what he said but totally obvious is just a theory base on his beliefs

I think this is a more suitable facepalm, even cars cant believe what they are listening to...

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
what the... did that guy drive a vios with a gt wing? :rofl:
Lemme guess. He has an RX8, and wants to convert to NGV?

Or is it the GTR owner who wants smaller tires and brakes?
Surprisingly, I heard that his family owns a car accessories shop. Maybe he thought that he is good at cars but he grasped the wrong concept.

Speaking of RX-8, I saw new university students driving RX-8 to campus. Even adults find it troublesome to maintain the usual service cost of RX-8 and yet this student still drives RX-8 to university.

According to this guy, Higher cc cars definitely better FC than lower cc cars because
the engine power of Myvi 1.5 is higher than the 1.3 Myvi, so 1.5 Myvi surely saves more fuel. Cuz we don't need to step so much on the pedal to gain speed but myvi 1.3 have to :rofl:

So according to his concept, a Nissan Fairlady 370Z would have better FC than a 1.5myvi then? :laugh: :banghead:

If our way of measuring FC by pumping full tank and calculate the distance our car can travel with 1 full tank petrol is wrong and just computer calculated formula, then what is his formula or theory? Own Theory and common sense? :laugh:

Not base on facts or anything to back up what he said but totally obvious is just a theory base on his beliefs

I think this is a more suitable facepalm, even cars cant believe what they are listening to...

Haha, nice photo. Maybe if you take a 370Z to compare, he will say different things because the engine cc of 370Z is so much more than Myvi. Maybe he will say this only applies to lower cc cars or something. You know, we can't fathom how a 'genius' mind works. Gotta do this :adore: to him next time when I saw him.

Last edited:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
So he was saying that my iDrive all this while just bulls***ting displaying fuel consumption on screen while I was suppose to count how many secs I press d pedal?? Might as well ask him to drive an e60 M5 for better fuel consumption than his Myvi 1.5 :stupid:

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Arguing with an idiot will only makes you become another idiot...don't waste your time :burnout:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
So he was saying that my iDrive all this while just bulls***ting displaying fuel consumption on screen while I was suppose to count how many secs I press d pedal?? Might as well ask him to drive an e60 M5 for better fuel consumption than his Myvi 1.5 :stupid:
Driving BMW? Nice, haha. Well, that is how that guy measures fuel consumption. The faster a car reaches a destination, the better it is in fuel consumption.

If this is what he believes, I don't even know what to argue back with him.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hehehe, amusing! Should tell the fella about the 1000HP Veyron that will consume >5ltr of fuel per minute at full power. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Even full tank method calculation have to take average of a few tanks to be more correct.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Hehehe, amusing! Should tell the fella about the 1000HP Veyron that will consume >5ltr of fuel per minute at full power. :biggrin:
Yup, full throttle 10mins got to look for petrol station already....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
But he'll argue that you'd be travelling a full football field per second worrrrr.. distance travelled much greater than Myvi worrrrrr

:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

THIS CAR HAS BEEN FOUND BY A ZTH MEMBER! SHALL NOT VOICE OUT HIS NICK, JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE!! MERRY XMAS EVRYBODY :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience