New Bosch vs Sard vs Power Enterprise vs Delphi Injector

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
here i like to review some injectors & my experience tuning with this injector...

engine spec:
4g64
260 tomei cam
fairlady piston
eagle rod
block not skim (piston 2~3mm below deck)
(running low compression engine need good injector to run it smoothly)

Sard 700cc .. single nozzle ,pintle style, base pressure 3bar

- random misfire at idle
- sometime misfire & sputter low rpm ( cruising)
- need to tune abit rich at idle & cruising .. 12.5~12:1 ... if put 14.5:1 , engine will jerk, misfire
- overall feel not smooth

Power Enterprise 1000cc .. twin nozzle, pintle style, base pressure 3bar

- all the same prob. as the sard 700cc ... but it more smooth, maybe twin tip help abit.. this will inject direct to both intake valve..
- idle & cruising afr around 13~12.5:1 ...better compare to sard 700cc

delphi 1000cc ... ball& seat design.. base pressure 3.5bar

-the worse injector i ever tune..
- afr fluctuating
- missfire ,sputter , jerk
- hard to tune
- need to set 3.5bar, if run @ 3bar .. it will give more misfire.. harder to tune..

New Bosch 1200cc ... ball & seat, hi impedance , base pressure 3bar

- this injector is superb.
- feel like tuning 350cc injector huhuhu.. easy to tune, afr not fluctuating
- can idle & cruise @ 16-14.5:1 afr. feel great coz still smooth @ 16:1afr..huhu coz my c.r too low
- no more missfire, sputter
- smooth engine running

just sharing info... thanks..

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
the new bosch is up high in the range
price is a WOW , but heard very very good reviews about it
but it was designed to not be able to run with Q16 , was warned to get defact by FIC
i wonder hw will Injector Dynamics be :D , ID2000 huhuhuhu

so far i have seen 1650cc FIC blue max on a Megasquirt III ecu, works like a charm without issues, i guess the ecu also matters to control the minimal fuel for idling

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
fic blue max diff story already, it also one of good injector... but still below bosch i think..

all above test using same engine, same ecu... control already use e6x sequential fuel...

price oso ok ... just arond rm1300++ for the 1200cc ..

the sard 700cc also been test on 2.2setup,diesel crank,fairlady piston ( more compress ratio compare to the engine above) ....it also working good also...

testing all the injector on the engine above will show which is the best... the outcome will be more obvious.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i believe FIC 2150cc high impedance injectors are already bosch :) n it costs a bomb hehehe

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
i believe FIC 2150cc high impedance injectors are already bosch :) n it costs a bomb hehehe

yaa.. all the new bluemax Hi-Z (900,1100,1680&2150cc) are new bosch injector, some of it mod. by fic to get more flow & better fuel spray pattern...

the old blumax still low impedance but alot more better compare to old fic bosch pintle style..

if use race fuel that require large volume of fuel, use cheap2 hi flow njector also ok.... coz the injector will not operate @ low mS ... the fuel character also not effect much on spray pattern...

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
hello guys, i noticed u mentioned the bosch is high impedance injector, do we hv to mod the socket or we can just install them in....what abt the fuel rail? i noticed that the hi-impedance injector are kinda longer...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all sifu here, i m new here. is that who know what is the prosedure for transplant engine?is that we can take back the part belong to our own car after modified?normally how we know that they will use all the part of the halfcut, if they dint do as what they provide can we as them to do for us?10s lot guy.hope u can help me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience